: Help...starter issues?

STS42006V6
07-12-12, 10:12 AM
Hello, new to the site,fob, looking forward to it. I have 2006 STS4 3.6 L. Keyless ignition. Other day came out of store,in car with fob,depressed brake pressed start. "click" heard quickly then engine light and nothing. Thinking starter but not sure where it is.Relay?solonoid?Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Renny

sztolcaddy
07-12-12, 10:35 AM
I had the same symptoms with my STS 05 N* when the car battery was going bad. Jump start helped and running for 30 minutes to charge the battery, but the no start issue would appear again after some time (playing music for a while on ACC or playing with power seats would deplete the battery). See if your battery cables are tighten correctly and maybe check the condition of battery and replace if necessary.

Subsailor613
07-12-12, 02:47 PM
This also happened to me , Months ago, and "ONLY" once, I tried, and tried to get it to start, nothing.
Had already installed a NEW battery, months ago.
I opened the hood, checked the battery voltage, it was OK.
shut hood ready to call AAA, and tried it again, it started,and
NEVER failed again ! Wierd. I think they call this (Ghost in the machine) ! :cool2::cool2::cool2:
On the V8,I "think" the starter is under the intake manifold, in the center of the engine,Not sure.

EChas3
07-14-12, 07:07 PM
Anything short of a test under load is really just an indication and not definitive. Anything can happen once. If the trouble repeats, suspect the battery first. These cars need a good, fully-charged battery, 24x7x365 or may produce odd behavior.