: widest C5-C6 rear Vette size rim to fit XLR

RADARB8
07-12-12, 02:12 AM
I know there are different offsets...and backspacing etc.. but has anyone found what the widest corvette rim and tire that will fit under the fenderells in the rear.. I am buying a 2004 that has the stock rims that are pitted etc...and i want to go C6 like a 3spoke silver or chrome or polished rim all the way around...But i noticed that the rear 255's have plenty of room on the outside, at least and 1"+ to put a wider tire on and give it a better stance...Aren't the XLR and XLRV's the same:confused: thanks

RADARB8
07-13-12, 12:24 PM
Man these XLR"s are beautiful roadsters but they could use some more meat on the ground....It would make for a much better look and stance...The XLR i am buying in a few days has 255's on the rear and with a hubcentric spacer, probably at least an inch, a tire would still fit inside the rear fenders...Hasen't anyone ever wanted to put a 285 or 295 on the rear....????? I want a nice 3 to 5 chrome or polished C5 or C6 vette rim all around....I am hoping a 10" will fit with the correct spacing..That way i could run a 295 on the rear and would really do wonders for the looks of an already awesome looking vehicle....Anyway, i am going to do some more searches and maybe i will find some info...thanks guys....ps: I used to have a C5 and i have plenty of spare rims that i can try but i won't have the XLR for 4 or 5 days...

Tek King
08-04-12, 06:51 PM
Did you try to mount the Vett rims? I don't believe there is room due to the trunk being wider on the XLR to fit the hard top convertible in there when down.

RADARB8
08-08-12, 02:42 AM
Did you try to mount the Vett rims? I don't believe there is room due to the trunk being wider on the XLR to fit the hard top convertible in there when down.

Yesterday.i put a 9 1/2" wheel without a tire and no rubbing....but on the inside i had only about 3/16's of an inch b/4 it would rub up top up against the wheelwell frame..and the outside cleared the brake caliper with about 1/4" to spare..I was happy when i saw this...The rim i was using was a 1999 chrome C5 style speedline rim...I am going to see if i can get 2rear 9" wheels and 2 front 8 to 8 1/2" I really think these will accept nicely 275,s on the rear and possibly 255's up front...Not too worried about the fronts just so they are the same heighth or less than 1/2" shorter in dia...I would like to get 2 used rims to test fit first....I will also need a 27 1'2" to 28" tall rim for the rear and slightly smaller in dia.for the front.....If anyone has tried this or anyone interested please chime in......I am in no hurry to get done....He!! I don't even have tags to drive in legally on the street yet:rolleyes: