: New GM owner center is a joke

Z71
07-11-12, 04:40 PM
I get an email that says this.

Dear GM Owner Center User,

Upgrade to the new, more comprehensive Owner Center from GM. We want to ensureyou enjoy the new Owner Center experience without losing your currentinformation.

If you haven't already transferred your records, you need to do so now. As ofJuly 18, 2012 your current account information will no longer be availablethrough the current Yahoo! Owner Center.

A one-stop resource for allyour owner needs, the new Owner Center from GM brings you more benefits thanever. Track warranties, access your OnStar1 and GM card2 accounts, view automated dealer service history and more—all from one,convenient location.

To continue experiencing all your current Owner Center benefits, login toyour current Owner Center and transfer your account information.

So I follow the link to transfer my info but I cannot do it. I can't log in like it says. I try to creat a new account and it comes back and says that info already exists. What?

There is no way you can transfer anything. Its a maze of computer bs to the utmost degree IMO.

I give up on the new GM owner center, who ever is writing the code for this has thier head in the sand. They don't even realize what a mess they created.

dkozloski
07-11-12, 11:11 PM
The original owner center they had about ten years ago was fine. When they outsourced it to Yahoo it all went to hell and has been totally useless since. In the old deal the dealers records automatically appeared in your account and it was all on record. When they transferred to Yahoo all that was lost down the drain and I never got the old service records back.

CIWS
07-12-12, 06:53 AM
Web designers and Engineers alike tend to loose touch with the real world and design and build things from their point of view (really bad in tech manual writing), which usually isn't how the normal joes of the world do. That's the reason a responsible company is supposed to put normal joes in front of it to test and try it out and then make comments on how to make it more friendly to the average person. Unfortunately this seems to be getting more and more rare with most companies as time goes on and some of the stupidest / silliest things are left for us to deal with and we think "what idiot designed this?"

I'll tell you one on my BMUU. If you unbuckle your seat belt after being in motion or the vehicle's been in gear, of course the seatbelt notification starts dinging. However if you then place the vehicle in Park the damn seat belt warning keeps on dinging and dinging and dinging. BMUU boasts on how much time they let their audio engineers work on the perfect sound or note to be playing for this type of event, but they drop the ball in the overall design to remember to tell the system to shut it off once the vehicle's in park. They didn't let a normal joe sit in it and play with it, they just reveled in their audio enginnering greatness.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-12-12, 12:36 PM
So I follow the link to transfer my info but I cannot do it. I can't log in like it says. I try to creat a new account and it comes back and says that info already exists. What?

There is no way you can transfer anything. Its a maze of computer bs to the utmost degree IMO.

I can see how that would be frustrating, Z7! I'm on the lookout for new Owner Center feedback, so I'm going to document this thread and would welcome any emails from forum users on the subject as well (I'm at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com).

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jghiller
10-29-12, 10:37 AM
(Z71 post) - So I follow the link to transfer my info but I cannot do it. I can't log in like it says. I try to creat a new account and it comes back and says that info already exists. What?

There is no way you can transfer anything. Its a maze of computer bs to the utmost degree IMO

Z71 - when setting yourself up, did you have a problem with entering your email address for your profile? I had the same problem and reported it. Of course my email was already known with the old owner center. So I had to use an alternate to get setup. Then all was OK. Subsequently I was able to go in and do an update to my profile and change my email back to what it normally is and it accepted it. So if you have a gmail or other ISP email address you can use, just set it up with that initially.
Dealer records will get posted in your OC account once you go into maintenance records and set up the option to have dealer records(from preferred dealer) to get recorded. You should also setup your Onstar and XM account info to your OC account. This works, albeit it might take some time to acknowledge these accounts but eventually you will see MESSAGES posted once you have your car/VIN, Onstar, and XM all linked in your account.

Submariner409
10-29-12, 02:43 PM
Yep.......... ^^^^ ............. Had to do the same new login/password change a year or two back - about the time of the website change. My service and OnStar info is all in there now (but I haven't kept it up to date). Now you got me thinkin'.

dkozloski
10-30-12, 01:17 PM
About half the service records that show up under my account are for somebody else's car. The work was supposedly done in Omaha, Nebraska while my car was in Alaska.

JimmyH
11-03-12, 09:31 PM
Nebraska vs Alaska? Well they do rhyme, and are similarly third world areas, so you can understand their confusion.