: Cadillac Customer Service, Just wanted to share my experience.

SevillianSTS
07-11-12, 05:08 PM
Just wanted to share my experience with Cadillac Customer Service. :rant2:
My car is fixed now... (due to my persistence and multiple trips to the dealer)
meanwhile the dealer never got called; whole reason for this conversation.

It may be a little out of order from me copy / pasting, but you'll get the hint.
- might even start reading from the bottom.

Talk about getting the "run-around" a LOT of i'm sorry's etc...
__________________________________________________ ______________

Thank you for your patience, Brandon! I will use your email instead of PMing from here forward and will be sending updates in your case tomorrow. In case you didn't receive the PM I sent last week on 6/5, here it is:

"Hello Brandon,

My sincerest apologies for not seeing this message until this morning! Have you taken your Cadillac back to ***** already? I've been processing your case after an unfortunately sporadic work week last week where I was out of the office unexpectedly (on top of the long holiday weekend). Sadly I was unable to make a call this past weekend due to my hours conflicting with the dealerships (past 3 on Saturday and 12-9 on Sunday), and I had scheduled a follow-up call tomorrow at 10:30am ET. So, I'm very sorry that I missed this PM! I will keep refreshing my inbox for your updates today.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service "

Hope all is well,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, never-mind the motor mount issue, I got under the car and slightly lifted the engine and got a good picture of a large tear in a motor mount. They can't deny this one. Question is why didn't they do this while THEY had the car; not too thrilled with that.

I would still like to bring your attention to the Harmonic Balancer video; you can see the difference in the smooth pulley vs the balancer that is wobbling.

Thanks
Brandon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah or Katie,

I have picked the car up from the transmission repair, the dealer wanted their loaner vehicle back.

I have added two more videos to my posting to show more evidence regarding the motor mounts and the harmonic balancer.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/260455-dealer-says-nothing-wrong-i-do.html#post2977225

My service manager "******" was actually kind of speechless after I did the yard stick test while I was there. He then just said for you to call him.
I believe he said he will be there tomorrow and Saturday, but gone until Wednesday after that.

Do you have a phone number I could contact you at, or a direct email address.

My service adviser is: ******
at ***********

current mileage of car is 76005

Thank You,

Brandon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then apologies for my earlier private message, Brandon! I was working through my inbox chronologically from oldest to newest, so I will stop creating an official service request for this concern until I hear back from you. If you take your vehicle back to see ******* to address the tear, then please let me know what happens. I can always create the service request anytime for you if you remain unsatisfied with your dealership's resolution. And I'm definitely still happy to call ********* for you when he returns from his vacation if you'd like me to discuss the tear concern with him!

I have documented the URL of your balancer video and would again be happy to pursue a service request regarding this concern if you'd like. Has ********/your dealership given you an official diagnosis on the harmonic balancer?

I still plan to check my messages before I leave work today at 4:30pm ET. My direct email is *******************, and I welcome either form of contact.

Best,

Katie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I have already been there and shown them a photo of what I have found, ******* is waiting for you to call him regarding the harmonic balancer. They still say nothing is wrong with it.
Please do create a service request for the balancer.
He told me to bring it back June 4th to get the motor mounts taken care of. He said they have three other cars in right now with transmission work being done.

Thanks,
Brandon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your patience, Brandon! I will schedule a call with **** for Wednesday morning and check in with your Tuesday just to make sure there haven't been updates while I've been away. Your service request is being processed right now, so while I regret I don't have an official number as yet to provide, I should have it ready for me when I return to the office Tuesday and will be able to share that information with you then.

Have a good weekend,

Katie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie,
Have you been able to contact ****** at ******* yet?

Thanks,
Brandon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many apologies for my late response! Unfortunately, the server has been down when I have been attempting to access the Cadillac Owners site today, and I do not have office hours tomorrow (Friday June 1st). However, I am on duty this weekend and will check in with you Saturday with updates. Again, very sorry for this delay, Brandon!

Best,

Katie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie,
I am getting ready to take the car back to ******** this morning, for them to take care of the motor mounts. Could you please call ******** and get the service request processed for the harmonic balancer. I would like to take care of this all at once rather than picking the car up and taking it back; again.

Thank You,
Brandon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Brandon,

My sincerest apologies for not seeing this message until this morning! Have you taken your Cadillac back to ********* already? I've been processing your case after an unfortunately sporadic work week last week where I was out of the office unexpectedly (on top of the long holiday weekend). Sadly I was unable to make a call this past weekend due to my hours conflicting with the dealerships (past 3 on Saturday and 12-9 on Sunday), and I had scheduled a follow-up call tomorrow at 10:30am ET. So, I'm very sorry that I missed this PM! I will keep refreshing my inbox for your updates today.

Katie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Katie, please review the following posting and let me know what you think.
Everyone on here is telling me these parts are bad, yet the dealer says nothing is wrong. I do not have direct symptoms of a problem, but a leaking mount is on its way to failing, and a wobbling harmonic balancer can not be good either.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/260455-dealer-says-nothing-wrong-i-do.html

VIN:

Brandon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for alerting me, Brandon! I took a look at the thread you kindly pointed me towards, and consulted with Sarah (who is my wonderful back-up on this forum and who has posted on your thread in the interim), and I would recommend getting an alternative dealership to have a look at your CTS-V for a second opinion. If you're still unsatisfied with their resolution, or if they give you the same diagnosis, please let me know and I would be happy to set up an official service request on your behalf!

Since I'm unsure which dealership is the one you've been involved with so far, I'll list the dealerships I found in your area.

If none of these dealerships are conveniently located for you, please let me know.

Best,

Katie

HAMSTAR
07-11-12, 05:22 PM
If you search Katie and GM under the discussions tab in google, you find her on dozens of forums. I am guessing she is massively overworked/understaffed. One lady can only do so much. Doesn't help you though.

If GM is understaffing her position, or whatever, it seems that all they want is for a sympathetic voice to be on the forums, so people don't feel abandoned by the brand.

RippyPartsDept
07-11-12, 05:31 PM
i'm not quite sure what the beef is with Customer Service here ... sounds like you've just had a bad dealer experience and you're not happy (obviously, anyone would/should be)

JDB
07-11-12, 07:08 PM
i'm not quite sure what the beef is with Customer Service here ... sounds like you've just had a bad dealer experience and you're not happy (obviously, anyone would/should be)

Beef is that he was contacted by Sarah (sitting in for Katie) 6+ weeks ago and they were no help to him.

But I thought having Cadillac Customer Service on the form was such a valuable resource :bigroll:

SevillianSTS
07-11-12, 07:54 PM

Katie was initially very pleasant, but in the end after all the back and forth... she/they never contacted my dealer.
I asked the dealer if anyone called.
They changed my motor mounts because I finally got a good picture of a bad tear up top.
He said the only reason they changed the harmonic balancer was for "customer service" ..... I think it was because I basically "told them so" on the motor mounts, and they wanted to shut me up with the balancer. Because originally they said there was no way they were going to replace either because nothing was wrong.... This was where I wanted our online Cadillac rep contact them....

Anyways... its done and over with, I was just sharing how it went.

HAMSTAR
07-11-12, 10:52 PM
Katie was initially very pleasant, but in the end after all the back and forth... she/they never contacted my dealer.
I asked the dealer if anyone called.
They changed my motor mounts because I finally got a good picture of a bad tear up top.
He said the only reason they changed the harmonic balancer was for "customer service" ..... I think it was because I basically "told them so" on the motor mounts, and they wanted to shut me up with the balancer. Because originally they said there was no way they were going to replace either because nothing was wrong.... This was where I wanted our online Cadillac rep contact them....

Anyways... its done and over with, I was just sharing how it went.

And that's valuable information. Hopefully GM can learn from this and improve this service. Currently, it's backfiring on them.

CadzillaTN
07-12-12, 01:05 AM
This should be added to the long list of CCS testimonials.

Overd0s3
07-12-12, 01:20 AM
Yeah Ive been waiting for at least some kind of confirmation that SOMETHING is happening with my "open ticket" but so far nearly 2 months and I've got nothing to show

JDB
07-12-12, 09:11 PM
I posted in the CCS forum in April and still no response. Call yourself or have your dealer start the process. Reps here are worthless and a waste of your time. (and just looking to fill dealer service dept schedules to bend you over with inflated hours and cant even tell you accurate billable hours before they even start.) $0 spent at my dealer ...CPO took care of it...and I'll never return.

CadzillaTN
07-13-12, 01:29 AM
Correct. These reps have no better chance than a space chimp of getting a dealer to do anything. I still think its a dude. Or maybe a kid in India.. Think about it for a second; what female could spend all day apologizing like a broken record for car related crap on multiple forums? None I've ever met.

Cadillac Trollz rule :beavis:

Folks: There are very few 'world class' dealerships. You're gonna get hosed and your car is gonna get jacked up somehow. Period. Lets move on.

Your only hope is to hop until you find a 'good' one, develop a rapport with a service writer, be respectful and polite, escalate only when necessary...Always back up requests with research and facts. Never try to 'rat out' your service writer to mgmt, or your dealer to 'corporate', unless the case is just egregious.. otherwise it will backfire on you. Lots of repairs are pure judgement calls. Your job is to sell the requests and keep going back until it gets done. Persistence is a must if you're going to play the warranty game. Most of my repairs, although completely legitimate, took months and multiple visits to get addressed. Especially big ticket stuff.