Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Upgrading Onstar to enable Bluetooth

18K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  billdaman 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone swaped Onstar module with Bluetooth into a 2006 and newer DTS ? Where is the module located , and if you have performed the swap did you have difficulty getting a technican to reflash the VCIM and reestablish your Onstar service on a different module? (I save 50% on my Car insurance and have 400 talk minutes so I need to keep the service active!)

#4 ·
Well, it is easy. There are three nuts holding the VCIM on. The new(used) VCIM with bluetooth is an exact fit. Just unplug/unmount yours and plug/mount the new one. That is all. Now you car has bluetooth. There have been threads on this. Just make sure you get one out of a 2010 impala/buick Lucerne/Caddy DTS.

#11 ·
I found a module from a 2010 Impala at a local salvage yard last week for $50 and installed it in my 2007 DTS. It works with both my phone and my wife's phone. The guy at the salvage yard didn't think it would work. Now he needs to find another module so he can have Bluetooth in his 2007 Tahoe.

#13 · (Edited)
I noticed they have a few VCIM's on Ebay from 2011 DTS for around $225.00.
Is there any programming? I don't use Onstar so I really don't care if its not working.
Is this the part I need?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-CADILL...4be27&item=221048520231&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_P
Also, what interface do you use on the dash to connect your phone? Once the phone is connected to the bluetooth does it automatically connect everytime you turn the key on?

#20 ·
Don't know why your software doesn't react to the suspicious site Jim, here is what my McAfee site adviser says even using a different computer:

Warning: Suspicious Site
Whoa!
Are you sure you want to go there?

http://taboo.winbootsugg.com/2011-cadillac-cts-dts... may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.