: Rusty Engine

DG2
07-10-12, 10:55 PM
I have a 2011 Escalade that has exceeded my expectations on all levels. We have owned for 1 year and 20,000 miles and not one thing has gone wrong, zero !!

While filling the windshield fluid under the hood I was shocked to see so many parts rusted. Shocked is a better word. The driveline , many other parts were rusted or rusting. Has any other Escalade owners found similar issue ??

hannity
07-12-12, 11:42 AM
It's a common issue with gm trucks. When I had mine however my rust was on the rear axle and some bubbling under the paint on the rear fender. This is a topic where people talked about their rust concerns.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/221486-rust-corrosion-under-hood.html. I did a google search and saw that on a tahoe forum many people had the same issue and someone said that gm doesn't use regular undercoating for their vehicles. They have been using some kind of wax to save money. Just make sure you review your corrosion warranty or see the dealer if it spreads. One thing you can also do is take the vehicle to a shop that does undercoating. Make sure they strip the wax and prep the surface thoroughly and then they can apply the rubberized coating. Having a poorly prepped surface can ruin a car even if it is coated. Good luck with what you decide to do.

hcvone
07-12-12, 12:19 PM
It's a common issue with gm trucks. When I had mine however my rust was on the rear axle and some bubbling under the paint on the rear fender. This is a topic where people talked about their rust concerns.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/221486-rust-corrosion-under-hood.html. I did a google search and saw that on a tahoe forum many people had the same issue and someone said that gm doesn't use regular undercoating for their vehicles. They have been using some kind of wax to save money. Just make sure you review your corrosion warranty or see the dealer if it spreads. One thing you can also do is take the vehicle to a shop that does undercoating. Make sure they strip the wax and prep the surface thoroughly and then they can apply the rubberized coating. Having a poorly prepped surface can ruin a car even if it is coated. Good luck with what you decide to do.

Again Mr hannity is full of it about it being a common issue with GM trucks, as with most of his posts you have to look past the GM bashing, this is a common problem with all cars and trucks today, lowest bidder making parts, engineers designing the the thinnest parts possible, cheaper leathers and more plastic. We see lots of cars and trucks at the shop, many customers that park in the street or on grass or dirt at home have real rust problems under their cars and trucks because they are exposed to a lot more mosture. Some states use very corrosive ice treatment products that strip off chrome and cause paint problem. You can always wire brush and paint the areas, but it's a real battle depending where you live and or drive.

lee88
07-12-12, 12:35 PM
Can we not vote to have mr hannity removed!? His posts are beyond annoying...

hcvone
07-12-12, 12:40 PM

If it means anything I second that thought. :)

Rolex
07-12-12, 01:42 PM

All forums need good trolls around to keep the place interesting. :yup:

hcvone
07-12-12, 02:00 PM
All forums need good trolls around to keep the place interesting. :yup:

Not sure if "good" is really good

Ghost Deany
07-12-12, 03:33 PM
So wait do they rubberize coat the bottom of all the Escalades or not? I dont seem to have much rust on the bottom of mine, it seems like all the metal supports and frame rails etc have a very thick grease like black coating on it. Is that the protection? Maybe the original owner had it done if its not done from factory.

K9Caddy
07-12-12, 03:50 PM
Yes, that wax/grease like coating on the frame is from the factory.

DG2
07-12-12, 07:28 PM
So wait do they rubberize coat the bottom of all the Escalades or not? I dont seem to have much rust on the bottom of mine, it seems like all the metal supports and frame rails etc have a very thick grease like black coating on it. Is that the protection? Maybe the original owner had it done if its not done from factory.

I am the original owner and you could not find a bigger GM fan then me. However, GM brass come on !! This is 2012 and there are so many ways in which you can treat all metals under the hood and chassis to prevent rust. I mean, even the metal around the oil fill is corrating /pitting. The metal around the main pulley belt is fully rusted !! Regardless if it is a $75,000 Escalade or a $22,000 Chevy Cruz. Nothing should be rusting!

BTW- I am the original owner of a 18 year old BMW motorcycle The engine , crankcase are fully exposed to the elements. Not one speck of putting, corrosion or rust. Achem, Standard of the World please.

hannity
07-13-12, 07:06 AM
I am the original owner and you could not find a bigger GM fan then me. However, GM brass come on !! This is 2012 and there are so many ways in which you can treat all metals under the hood and chassis to prevent rust. I mean, even the metal around the oil fill is corrating /pitting. The metal around the main pulley belt is fully rusted !! Regardless if it is a $75,000 Escalade or a $22,000 Chevy Cruz. Nothing should be rusting!

BTW- I am the original owner of a 18 year old BMW motorcycle The engine , crankcase are fully exposed to the elements. Not one speck of putting, corrosion or rust. Achem, Standard of the World please.

like I told you in the pm these guys are gm employees. Some of them would rather die than to admit the truth. Never had to use the ignore feature on any forum till I joined this one.

hcvone
07-13-12, 07:07 AM

I agree with you 100%, probably not many people have purchased more new gm cars and trucks than me, the taking away of options on the Escalade's (GM's NUMBER ONE LARGEST PROFIT CAR or TRUCK THEY MAKE) is not acceptable to me anymore, you have two choices, bend over and keep buying (like I have done for many years) or buy another manufacturers car/truck (like I started doing), lost sales are the only thing that will make them take notice. :)

DG2
07-13-12, 08:24 AM
For the UAW members on this forum, raise your voices to management ! For the GM managers or customer service reps monitoring this forum bring this issue ti senior management and fix it now !!

These are the types of corner cutting that was one of the reasons so many Americans switched to foreign brands. Cut the BS save $ dollar corner cut. When I look under the hood of my
GM product that is months old or years old NO rust or pitting. No way !!

DG2
07-13-12, 08:36 AM
One more point. For the proper corrosion protection to be added to all metals undercarriage, axels etc. this would add a minor cost per unit that no buyer would not pay. Standard of the World means just that. The Cadillacs are already priced well bellow Mercedes ,BMW. Add an extra few hundred and make sure no new owner ever sees a rusty part.

Our Escalade is stunningly beautiful ( that's it in my profile pic) however I am upset about this and very disappointed that labor and management would allow untreated metals on a car such as the Escalade or any GM product to be relased to the public. GM, no more cost cutting like this or you will risk the amazing comeback you are experiencing. This is a very very easy fix. Fix it before other "average " non car buffs find out !!!!'

Rag64top
07-13-12, 09:51 PM
I find it disgusting that GM can't spend the extra few dollars that it would take to do a proper rust prevention application.
Considering the price of these vehicles, it's ridiculous! It seems that GM's greed for profit has taken over their common sense.
I buy used vehicles, but be sure that if I was to buy a new one, and found it rusting out in the first year, I would be livid!
To pay $75K for a vehicle and have a rusty engine compartment is enough to steer me away from a new GM car for sure!
I do hope GM management reads these posts!

DG2
07-13-12, 11:01 PM
I find it disgusting that GM can't spend the extra few dollars that it would take to do a proper rust prevention application.
Considering the price of these vehicles, it's ridiculous! It seems that GM's greed for profit has taken over their common sense.
I buy used vehicles, but be sure that if I was to buy a new one, and found it rusting out in the first year, I would be livid!
To pay $75K for a vehicle and have a rusty engine compartment is enough to steer me away from a new GM car for sure!
I do hope GM management reads these posts!

The Escalade is simply perfect. It runs perfect, designed brilliantly and in one year and 20,000 miles not one rattle, shake,leak or any sort of problem.

That said let this be the last and final "bean counter" car build issue. The small dollars that GM saved by not treating every part that could rust or corrode is worth far less then owners getting turned off because of an obvious corner cut. No more corner cutting on any product, it nearly put ya put of biz ! I think they'll get it.

quattrotman
07-14-12, 06:25 AM
Again Mr hannity is full of it about it being a common issue with GM trucks, as with most of his posts you have to look past the GM bashing, this is a common problem with all cars and trucks today, lowest bidder making parts, engineers designing the the thinnest parts possible, cheaper leathers and more plastic. We see lots of cars and trucks at the shop, many customers that park in the street or on grass or dirt at home have real rust problems under their cars and trucks because they are exposed to a lot more mosture. Some states use very corrosive ice treatment products that strip off chrome and cause paint problem. You can always wire brush and paint the areas, but it's a real battle depending where you live and or drive.

I disagree. It may be common with some vehicles but it is not common with a vehicle in the Escalades price range. Mine has a lot of rust on the undercarriage and while it isn't going to cause any real issues in the short run it is cheap and unacceptable. I have a Porsche Cayenne that is 2 years older and similar miles and there is not one speck of rust ANYWHERE on it. Underneath it still looks brand new. My wife's Mercedes ML is one year newer than the escalade and it too is completely rust free. It is simply another example of things that GM thinks it can get away with because most of their buyers wouldn't notice or care. It's not a huge issue for me but it is nonetheless disappointing in a vehicle of this 'calibre'.

hcvone
07-14-12, 07:26 AM
I disagree. It may be common with some vehicles but it is not common with a vehicle in the Escalades price range. Mine has a lot of rust on the undercarriage and while it isn't going to cause any real issues in the short run it is cheap and unacceptable. I have a Porsche Cayenne that is 2 years older and similar miles and there is not one speck of rust ANYWHERE on it. Underneath it still looks brand new. My wife's Mercedes ML is one year newer than the escalade and it too is completely rust free. It is simply another example of things that GM thinks it can get away with because most of their buyers wouldn't notice or care. It's not a huge issue for me but it is nonetheless disappointing in a vehicle of this 'calibre'.

I will post a pic of my range rover next time it's on the lift, my Escalade's have ZERO rust compared to that, and that cost more than all my Escalade's except the platinums, of course it lives at the jesrey shore more than my other trucks, it does live inside a heated and cooled garage at the house though, not like it sits outside daily. Some the the smaller trucks from all the manufacturers seem to have a better rust proofing than the bigger trucks, I AM SURE THAT WILL BE FIXED WITH THE NEW MODEL, but probably NOT

DG2
07-14-12, 10:00 AM

Porsche, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Infinity. None of these premium brands would leave raw steal and metals untreated. Cadillac should be asshamed on this one. Just fix , it's an easy one. Learn never to cut corners because it will get out !

cutterman
07-14-12, 10:29 AM
What's the big deal? I have a 2011 and the engine compartment still looks like new, even though the car has endured a NE winter. Sure there are a very few parts with a thin veneer of rust but this is only an aesthetic issue. It will have no impact on the durability or function.

DG2
07-14-12, 10:40 AM
The big deal is when you spend close ti $100,000 on an SUV it should not have parts that are rusting. Yes, you are correct it's not going effect the cars performance. As I mentioned, my Escalade has been the most trouble free car I have ever owned. If the Germans and Japanese can do it , well Cadillac and GM have to do it better !!

RippyPartsDept
07-14-12, 11:45 AM
people we're talking about surface oxidation not rust

the drive-shaft has to be balanced or it will vibrate so definitely don't spray rubberized undercoating on it
and usually that's the only oxidized part i see (and i see the bottom of a lot of new/newer vehicles)
they will often be fully oxidized sitting on a dealer lot brand new waiting to be sold

this is not a RUST issue

a 2010 CTS has a 6 year unlimited mileage corrosion warranty
a 2011 Silverado has a 7yr 100,000mile corrosion warranty

i'm pretty sure that the corrosion warranty does not cover oxidation
if you have rust or bubbling paint issues then it should be covered

DG2
07-14-12, 04:49 PM

the drive-shaft has to be balanced or it will vibrate so definitely don't spray rubberized undercoating on it
and usually that's the only oxidized part i see (and i see the bottom of a lot of new/newer vehicles)
they will often be fully oxidized sitting on a dealer lot brand new waiting to be sold

this is not a RUST issue

Whatever you want to call it the appearance is aweful and looks very bad for GM. I literally just went to my dealer to get my brother out of his Honda and into the Buick Lacross. I opened the hood of a brand new 2012 Escalade on the showroom floor and there it was, rust. The exhaust manifolds were completely rusted. Surface oxidation whatever you call it I am still shocked beyond shocked that these metals are not treated especially on the Escalades where you can see all engine parts when you pop the hood.

I did peek under the hood of the XTS as well and saw NO rust or oxidation. Regardless of where the big ole V8 is ( Chevy , GMC, Caddy) it needs to make the owner feel good when they pop the hood not question quality!

quattrotman
07-14-12, 05:14 PM

this is not a RUST issue

Ah no, I'm not talking about oxidation, I'm talking about RUST. I know the difference. My frame is like one big rusty hunk of steel. It is what it is. Why always trying to make excuses?

lee88
07-14-12, 06:26 PM
Ummm technically rust is oxidation.

DG2
07-14-12, 08:51 PM
Ummm technically rust is oxidation.

Lol. That's true.

quattrotman
07-15-12, 12:48 AM
Just wanted to share a bit of a comparison. Sorry, pics not the greatest but you get the idea.

05 Porsche Cayenne S with roughly 50000mi

07 Escalade with roughly 50000mi

Even though the pictures aren't great, the Caddy is looking a bit rusty to say the least. The sway bar is new which is why it looks all shiny and in the Porsche shot, the downpipes are new. I have never detailed or cleaned either underneath.

DG2
07-15-12, 09:58 AM
That Porsche looks like it just came off the assembly line. Thanks for posting as these pics really drive home the point. Let's hope enough GM executives view this and fix. BTW, you don't even have to go underneath the car to see the rust. Open the hood and look around the engine The exhaust manifolds come rusted from factory !!!

The few bucks GM is saving by not treating these exposed metals are not worth damaging their reputation and is certainly unacceptable for a brand called "The Standard if the World".

2007XTSDub
07-15-12, 12:25 PM
Just wanted to share a bit of a comparison. Sorry, pics not the greatest but you get the idea.

05 Porsche Cayenne S with roughly 50000mi

07 Escalade with roughly 50000mi

Even though the pictures aren't great, the Caddy is looking a bit rusty to say the least. The sway bar is new which is why it looks all shiny and in the Porsche shot, the downpipes are new. I have never detailed or cleaned either underneath.

What brand sways are those?

quattrotman
07-15-12, 02:12 PM
What brand sways are those?

Eibach

2007XTSDub
07-15-12, 03:15 PM
Thought so thanks

cutterman
07-15-12, 06:45 PM
Really?? Surface oxidation on exhaust manifolds impugns an entire brand name? Get a grip.

quattrotman
07-15-12, 07:59 PM
Really?? Surface oxidation on exhaust manifolds impugns an entire brand name? Get a grip.

So, from the pics I posted and other comments made, the point you concentrate on is oxidation/rust on the manifold? And then tell him to get a grip? That's what's messed up with this forum. ANY time someone says anything derogatory about Cadillac/GM they get flamed or you're a troll right Rolex? Nice.

DG2
07-15-12, 08:01 PM

If you have been reading the posts it is not just RUST on exhaust manifold it's RUST and pitting on most surface metals under the hood and under body. It is unacceptable on a $75,000 car, period.

DG2
07-15-12, 08:02 PM
If you have been reading the posts it is not just RUST on exhaust manifold it's RUST and pitting on most surface metals under the hood and under body. It is unacceptable on a $75,000 car, period.

Unacceptable on a $20,000 car too. It's 2012.

Ghost Deany
07-16-12, 11:21 AM

this is not a RUST issue

PM box is fully Rippy trying to get some part info

RippyPartsDept
07-16-12, 03:31 PM
yeah sorry about that
the forum's link between our paypal and this account has been severed or something
even though we've paid up (it's a paypal auto schedule) a couple days ago it bumped us down to a regular account
and now my PM box is overfull by 125 messages

you can always email or call ... info in my signature

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-16-12, 09:35 PM
For the GM managers or customer service reps monitoring this forum bring this issue ti senior management and fix it now !!
These are the types of corner cutting that was one of the reasons so many Americans switched to foreign brands. Cut the BS save $ dollar corner cut. When I look under the hood of my
GM product that is months old or years old NO rust or pitting. No way !!

DG2, I just wanted to alert you to the fact that I've documented your concerns, along with this thread's URL, where GM departments can access the information. You're more than welcome to message me privately for further assistance at any point or if you wish for me to set up an official service request for your specific frustrations. I was really sorry to read about your rust discovery and can definitely understand how that would be maddening.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

DG2
07-16-12, 11:21 PM
DG2, I just wanted to alert you to the fact that I've documented your concerns, along with this thread's URL, where GM departments can access the information. You're more than welcome to message me privately for further assistance at any point or if you wish for me to set up an official service request for your specific frustrations. I was really sorry to read about your rust discovery and can definitely understand how that would be maddening.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Thank you Katie. The Escalade is the most reliable car we have ever owned. Its been one year and the only reason i ever go to the dealer is for an oil change.

There is nothing that I am seeking Cadillac to do other then what you have already done, letting management know that they have to treat these surfaces so they do not rust. Regardless of brake rotors, axles, exhaust manifolds if something is rusty it looks old and cheap. I know Cadillac and its owners do not want that to be the case.

Thank you for your help.

Ghost Deany
07-17-12, 10:36 AM
yeah sorry about that
the forum's link between our paypal and this account has been severed or something
even though we've paid up (it's a paypal auto schedule) a couple days ago it bumped us down to a regular account
and now my PM box is overfull by 125 messages

you can always email or call ... info in my signature

I dont see the email address or am I just blind?

RippyPartsDept
07-17-12, 11:06 AM
yup well i guess they stripped my signature out when i got demoted
it's a bit ridiculous that they can't sort this out ... it's been over 24hours now

parts at rippyautomotive dot com

RVC
07-22-12, 04:35 PM
My 2007 ESV is a rusted piece of crap....but I still like it.

The Tony Show
07-22-12, 04:59 PM
Cast iron is extremely strong but builds up surface rust almost immediately. Go look underneath any vehicle that uses iron for the diff cover or manifolds and you'll see rust. Despite that, those parts will last well in excess of 10 years or 100,000 miles.

What you're seeing is a cosmetic issue inherent to the use of iron, not an oversight by GM.

DG2
07-22-12, 08:38 PM
Cast iron is extremely strong but builds up surface rust almost immediately. Go look underneath any vehicle that uses iron for the diff cover or manifolds and you'll see rust. Despite that, those parts will last well in excess of 10 years or 100,000 miles.

What you're seeing is a cosmetic issue inherent to the use of iron, not an oversight by GM

Why use cast iron if it rusts ? Or, simply treat the cast or coat so it does not rust. I'm sure it will perform just fine for the life of the car but it really looks awful !! Now that Cadillac is really in reach of recapturing the luxury car segment ( where they belong) as the Standard of the World no owner or potential owner should ever see rust on a car still in showroom or just a year old.

MrHolland
07-22-12, 11:44 PM
Why use cast iron if it rusts ? Or, simply treat the cast or coat so it does not rust. I'm sure it will perform just fine for the life of the car but it really looks awful !! Now that Cadillac is really in reach of recapturing the luxury car segment ( where they belong) as the Standard of the World no owner or potential owner should ever see rust on a car still in showroom or just a year old.
I agree with what you're saying, but even when Cadillac was truly the Standard of the World, they still used these same materials. Right, wrong, or indifferent, they probably have used them since day one.

-------I really like that color on your car!!!

quattrotman
07-23-12, 01:11 AM

What you're seeing is a cosmetic issue inherent to the use of iron, not an oversight by GM.

How about my frame...is that made of cast iron too? Nope....but man is it ever rusty. What you are doing is making excuses for Cadillac. On a vehicle that costs that much, the manifold should be stainless. My porsche is. Diff cover is not made of cast iron...it's steel. As are most of the materials underneath...they are not cast iron. Nice try. They are not treated well for weathering. Just like the notoriously cheap GM paint jobs that flake off because they magnetically charge the paint and spray it on as thin as possible..cheap.
It's a good reliable vehicle that is overpriced for what it is and when you compare apples to apples, the competition is a step up in quality. Rustproofing is definitely one of those things GM (and other domestics for that matter) need to really improve on.

DG2
07-23-12, 07:53 AM
The customers will pay ! If it costs a few hundred bucks more per car ( or even a $1.000) make everything out of the best. Anyone buying a car in the plus $70,000 range will not blink if the car starts $1,000 more If the Germans can do it then GM can do it better. That's what your new customer wants. Don't wait too long.

DG2
07-23-12, 08:17 AM
I agree with what you're saying, but even when Cadillac was truly the Standard of the World, they still used these same materials. Right, wrong, or indifferent, they probably have used them since day one.

-------I really like that color on your car!!!

Thanks. I must tell you I have never received so many compliments on any car as this and it's all about the color. There are very few blue frost Escalades and most people have never seen one. It really stands out and the paint is so shiny it almost "glows".....

evois
10-21-12, 08:46 AM
what would be a good underbody coating company? I like my hybrid and not in any way parting with it. my new range rover has been giving me trouble already!

K9Caddy
10-21-12, 08:49 AM
3M. There are various companies, just need to make sure the metal is clean and prepared properly first, thats the key.

evois
10-21-12, 09:19 AM
ziebart?

hannity
10-21-12, 09:45 AM
gm should treat their metals like all other car manufacturers. I am sad to say that they will keep the same thing they have been doing put a new body on it and 1 or 2 more new paint choices and offer it as a 2014. And people will look the other way in terms of failing quality and the cycle will continue, it is pitiful but time will tell what they do.

K9Caddy
10-21-12, 10:11 AM
Nobody is pulling your arm to buy one. :) You must have much time on your hands to keep talking about it, especially since you do not own one anymore.

lee88
10-21-12, 10:52 AM
Nobody is pulling your arm to buy one. :) You must have much time on your hands to keep talking about it, especially since you do not own one anymore.

I still can't figure out why Hannity stays around either. I think he has a new range rover, which is one of the crappiest vehicles ever made, you would think he stays busy enough on that forum but I guess not

48548m
10-22-12, 10:33 PM
Well since my cadillac got lemoned lawed... and I got the GMC same thing... Here are some pics, but jut like the cadillac I painted what I could..... I painted the front end parts and the drive shaft on the front dull aluminum and I did the same on the steering pump on my cadillac. I guess I would have thought a GMC denali HD it would have been better as well. There were a lot of stuff I painted the rear drive shaft balancer and a bunch of stuff on front like the front axles.... Just sad for that amount of money. I am not a GM basher as I bought another one after two lemons, but I will not say I will not buy another GM, but I will say I will look at other brands before I make a choice next time, just to compare, but probably still go with another GM. I have always been raised on GM's.... I just hope they do up the quality some. This truck at least came with a heated stearing wheel standard, I guess for GMC I think this truck is 10 times better then my low end EXT ever was and I paid about 14k less as well.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_3607.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_3549.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_6769.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_6770.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_6777.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_3477.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_3478.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_3482.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/48548/car/IMG_3481.jpg

DG2
10-22-12, 11:46 PM
gm should treat their metals like all other car manufacturers. I am sad to say that they will keep the same thing they have been doing put a new body on it and 1 or 2 more new paint choices and offer it as a 2014. And people will look the other way in terms of failing quality and the cycle will continue, it is pitiful but time will tell what they do.

Not true. I just purchased a 2013 Buick Verano for my daughter and not a speck of rust. Even the dreaded brake rotors look good. Ditto ATS and new XTS. GM needs to get everyone of their cars off the " cutting corner " list as customers will walk.

evois
10-23-12, 12:09 AM
what did you do? professionally spray painted? where?

48548m
10-23-12, 01:55 AM
I did it myself with a brush or spray paint, as seen in the pictures. I cleaned up the over spray as well.

DG2
10-23-12, 07:16 AM
I did it myself with a brush or spray paint, as seen in the pictures. I cleaned up the over spray as well.

Looks good. That's what they should look like.

hannity
10-23-12, 10:49 AM
Not true. I just purchased a 2013 Buick Verano for my daughter and not a speck of rust. Even the dreaded brake rotors look good. Ditto ATS and new XTS. GM needs to get everyone of their cars off the " cutting corner " list as customers will walk.

Well that's good. Maybe they just don't treat the trucks then. Just like they don't put in cabin air filters in the trucks but they have them in other vehicles they build. And I agree with you, the reason gm doesn't seem to care is because people continue to buy. If your woman takes you back every single time you cheat on her, you will continue to cheat because you know she is not going anywhere and will always be there. But if she leaves you will straighten up, Same for gm,they are not dumb they know what they build. The messed up thing is I want to support my economy and buy American, but gm continues to corner cut and penny pinch and it shows in the vehicles.

----------

Well since my cadillac got lemoned lawed... and I got the GMC same thing... Here are some pics, but jut like the cadillac I painted what I could..... I painted the front end parts and the drive shaft on the front dull aluminum and I did the same on the steering pump on my cadillac. I guess I would have thought a GMC denali HD it would have been better as well. There were a lot of stuff I painted the rear drive shaft balancer and a bunch of stuff on front like the front axles.... Just sad for that amount of money. I am not a GM basher as I bought another one after two lemons, but I will not say I will not buy another GM, but I will say I will look at other brands before I make a choice next time, just to compare, but probably still go with another GM. I have always been raised on GM's.... I just hope they do up the quality some. This truck at least came with a heated stearing wheel standard, I guess for GMC I think this truck is 10 times better then my low end EXT ever was and I paid about 14k less as well.

That looks very nice, and you had 2 lemons and still stuck with gm??? That is dedication.

----------

I still can't figure out why Hannity stays around either. I think he has a new range rover, which is one of the crappiest vehicles ever made, you would think he stays busy enough on that forum but I guess not

I don't think I have ever spoken with you before, but I guess from what you typed that I must have done something horrible to you. I am a member of a car forum for pretty much every car I have ever owned. And yes Range Rover's have the worst reliability than any vehicle on the road. But after 16,800 miles on my 2011 I have not had 1 issue. Not one, knock on wood. I know there were some evil people on here that wished me bad luck when I got it, but I drive it every day to work and to the bike trail (weekends) and I have no problems at all. My wife drives it around even when she has no where to go because she loves how quiet the cabin is and the feel of the leather. I will admit the first week I got it, I would just go in the garage and sit in it because the seats are so nice, lol. Anyway, If anything happens I will mention it, I am a stern believer in manufacturers standing behind their cars. Or if you want you can use your ignore feature to black my posts, since you don't want to see any of my posts.

DG2
10-23-12, 01:18 PM
Well that's good. Maybe they just don't treat the trucks then. Just like they don't put in cabin air filters in the trucks but they have them in other vehicles they build. And I agree with you, the reason gm doesn't seem to care is because people continue to buy. If your woman takes you back every single time you cheat on her, you will continue to cheat because you know she is not going anywhere and will always be there. But if she leaves you will straighten up, Same for gm,they are not dumb they know what they build. The messed up thing is I want to support my economy and buy American, but gm continues to corner cut and penny pinch and it shows in the vehicles.

----------

That looks very nice, and you had 2 lemons and still stuck with gm??? That is dedication.

----------

I don't think I have ever spoken with you before, but I guess from what you typed that I must have done something horrible to you. I am a member of a car forum for pretty much every car I have ever owned. And yes Range Rover's have the worst reliability than any vehicle on the road. But after 16,800 miles on my 2011 I have not had 1 issue. Not one, knock on wood. I know there were some evil people on here that wished me bad luck when I got it, but I drive it every day to work and to the bike trail (weekends) and I have no problems at all. My wife drives it around even when she has no where to go because she loves how quiet the cabin is and the feel of the leather. I will admit the first week I got it, I would just go in the garage and sit in it because the seats are so nice, lol. Anyway, If anything happens I will mention it, I am a stern believer in manufacturers standing behind their cars. Or if you want you can use your ignore feature to black my posts, since you don't want to see any of my posts.

The fact that GM came within inches of not existing anymore was in many ways the best thing that ever happened to them. This type of cost cut is one of the reason Japan, Germany and Korea now have huge US marketshare. GM now has a wonderful chance to really be the best in the world again. I know they ain't messing around and will deliver.

lousy_investor
10-24-12, 10:18 AM

PRECISELY!!!!

I can't speak for all of us, but I think I do speak for many of us, that we roll our eyes thinking "there he goes again" when we see certain individuals (2 of them in my books) posting on this forum. It is the same ol' same ol' whining for a couple of years now? Whether it is the truth or not, it is just getting OLD, and it is time to move on. They seemed to have moved on with the vehicles but still couldn't let go of the whining and complaining. "GM is the worst auto company in the world!", "GM doesn't care about quality, they only want your money!", "GM manufacturing sucks!", "GM use cheap parts and the quality is nowhere near what a similarly priced European vehicle is at." Yeah, we get it... maybe we should open a new thread and just whine over there so we don't have to read it in other threads. I guess I can always learn to block specific member too. So my bad.

I have owned two GM vehicles in my entire life and the rest are/were all European. Never owned a Japanese though. They all have their goods and bads.

I have not been frustrated to the point to post about this till I just saw another post, this time turning on the original poster with some sort of guilt trip as if it was a terrible thing s/he had said. It is just stating the fact! I sold my Jeep TJ, Volvo, three BMWs, Mini Cooper, etc, etc, and I don't waste my time on those forums bashing/commenting any more. I think it is a legit comment to make when people say "funny you have so much time in your hands....".

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience with your GM vehicles. I feel for you, especially from many of us here who didn't have nearly as many issues nor hatred towards it. We will give you a pat on your back, let you lick your wounds a bit, and then just be a man and move on.. for both of our sakes.

Ok.. going to setup blockers now. I don't know why it took me this long to do it.

Cheers!

hannity
10-24-12, 02:52 PM
The fact that GM came within inches of not existing anymore was in many ways the best thing that ever happened to them. This type of cost cut is one of the reason Japan, Germany and Korea now have huge US marketshare. GM now has a wonderful chance to really be the best in the world again. I know they ain't messing around and will deliver.

Yes, time will tell what happens.

west-coast-escalade
02-01-13, 03:04 PM
Hey, I mounted rubber mat between the upper arm and inner screen so that you can find on older cars, now the engine room completely clean and dry, even on the worst days of rain and dirt and snow