: Airfoto's Cadillac Customer Service Saga

Airfoto
06-11-12, 08:35 PM
Who knows what it takes to call a car under the Lemon Law - I've heard three visits to the dealer with the same problem never being fix. I ask because I'm at 2 visits and don't see the issue being fix on the next visit - that's based on what they tell me they are going to do to fix the problem - no I'm not happy with not being able to trust the service reps!

I should have checked Google :rolleyes:

What say U ?

smackdownCTSV
06-11-12, 09:48 PM
It "has" to be within the first year up to 15K miles. But if a part was serviced 3 times, then you have a case and should file.

Airfoto
06-11-12, 10:28 PM
No - not chicking - but it is a front end issue making noise - I can't explain the noise it is making only when turning at slow speeds - it sounds like a bushing to me. The car has been in twice now and they really haven't done anything - last trip they re-torqued all bolts up front - didn't matter.

I told the service rep that I would drive the tech and show him when the noise was present - The Service Rep told me they like their customers to drive the test drives so they can show the tech the problem first hand - I agreed and was pleased - I also addressed my concern about joy rides - he told me not at his dealership - well within 5 minutes the tech is driving my car 10 miles on a test drive - YEA - I was pissed.

The service rep then asked why I undercoated the car - DUH! He then told me that they hadn't told Detroit the mods I had done to the car - which - is Black Plastic Dip on the chrome, nothing else! What's the point I asked - why? I also asked about the Service Bulletin that was recently posted about the replacement of the rotors PIC5136H - he didn't know anything about it, as with a few other questions I have asked about the car - it was dated last Friday so I can see why he didn't know.

I'm not getting a good feeling about taking the car back - A friend of mine suggested I talk to the Service Manager, who he knew and told me that he'd help - we'll see.

The car is a 2011 CTS V Wagon with just over 4500 miles on it!

Smokin_Cache
06-11-12, 10:54 PM
Read the Lemon Laws for your state. They are deferent state to state. In Texas it is 12mo 12k. Used cars are covered also so long as the the first and second 12mo 12k time lines are met. They also lay out a pretty clear 4 attempts, must be safety or devalue considerably. All athat is arbitrary. Good luck.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-12-12, 10:30 AM
If you'd like me to follow-up further with your dealership, Airfoto, I'm just a private message away. Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime if you'd like me to delve into your concern for you; I'm so sorry to see that you're continuing to experience these frustrations!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Airfoto
06-12-12, 11:56 AM
Katie - I am impressed that Cadillac has someone on the forum listening to the users - priceless information - anyway - I trust everyone once - so I'm going to talk to the Service Manager today and see if we can come to a working relationship - I'll let you know the out come in a PM - I do thank you for your concern - Joe

GM-4-LIFE
06-12-12, 01:44 PM
If you need to speak with a Lemon Law Attorney being you are in CA, PM me for details.

Katie, my case file with Cadillac was never updated and I was never contacted by anyone. This is in regards to our 2012 Escalade.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-12-12, 03:47 PM
Joe, I appreciate the update. Hopefully your discussion with the Service Manager goes well!

CTS-V Twin, thank you very much for alerting me! I'll check the request I set up for you to see its latest status and will be in touch tomorrow with your updates. I'm so sorry no one has contacted you yet regarding this!

Best,

Katie

Airfoto
06-12-12, 06:06 PM
Well Katie - It didn't go well at all - yet another poor attitude - the only thing in life we have any control over and these guys just don't get it! Service Manager basically and in these words - told me to go to another dealership - I now have a call into the owner of the dealership - this is very sad!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-12, 11:32 AM
Well Katie - It didn't go well at all - yet another poor attitude - the only thing in life we have any control over and these guys just don't get it! Service Manager basically and in these words - told me to go to another dealership - I now have a call into the owner of the dealership - this is very sad!

I can understand how that could be maddening for you, Joe. Please stay tuned to your inbox today; I see you kindly send me a private message last night and I will respond shortly. Looking forward to working with you!

Katie

Airfoto
06-23-12, 03:51 PM
If you've read any of my other threads you'll know what I'm talking about - or all you have to do is read some of the problems other people are having - same issue - poor customer service - all they care about is selling the car - not what happens after. All of GM dealers have cut back on the quality of tech they have because of the upper management salaries are to high - kinda like the government - the Union also sticks it to the customer - the system is a bad joke! I'm surprised that GM doesn't charge you for all the SMOKE & HOT AIR they put out to the customer!

No - It's not just Cadillac but their customer service is a joke! The underwriter’s don't know anything about the "V" and most of the tech’s don't care and only want to drive and abuse the car – my service write up states – NOISE AT SLOW SPEED WHILE TURNING INTO A DRIVWAY – I had also told the underwriter that I would take the Tech out on a drive and show them when the noise occurs – they said that would be great – didn’t happen instead the Tech took the car out on a 10 mile drive for nothing!

Here's my latest - after my local dealer told me to go somewhere else – because I didn’t trust them with my car! DUH! I did - to my tuner :thumbsup: who has had a number of dealings with "V"'s - he also tuned my 08 Z06 no issues there! We talked a lot about the car and the way it's put together - he has tuned and modified a number of 'V"'s and has seen 3 Lemon Law cars go back because of issues - one that Cadillac even called the guy and told him to come down and pick up his NEW car! OK

There’s enough threads about these same kind of issues - most recent thread was what a dealer did to a white paint job! Cadillac’s Quality Control isn't there - it's non-exisitant - what a nightmare he’s having!

Back to the latest - I have a squeak in the front end - only when turning right and while turning into a driveway - OK - So I pulled the front wheels off to see just what is going on – after pulling the wheel off I cleaned the area up and found that the bracket that holds the brake line between the car frame and the caliper was tighten so the bracket was rubbing against the bottom of the shock shaft – not sure if this was the cause yet but – I relocated the bracket by loosening it and turning it so there was clearance between the shock and the brake line - - and retightened it - PURE ROCKET SCIENCE - chaffing of that brake could have been a major accident down the road! This would have been a factory QC issue – but the local guy didn’t have a clue to check - only wanted to drive the car and wanted me to leave it with them over the weekend – YEA RIGHT!

I’m going to test drive the car and will add to this thread later. Can you tell I'm totally frustrated with them? Cadillac you need a new line "Prestige " what a joke! I drove the car and no improvement - I am sure that it's the bushing though - so I either trust someone I'm pretty sure doesn't know what the hell there doing to satisfy the warranty - or - just buy the parts and do it myself so i know it's right - also the more I look at this car the more I realize how many short cuts towards the final product were taken - I was in the fender wells today and theres no under coating or any form of inslation at all - most of the bolts have surface rust - probably from the car sitting at the dealer so long - I've since cleaned them off and under coated the center section of the car and will do the wheel wells in the near furture - all to make the car last longer.

My car is a 2001 “Vagon” with just over 6,000 miles on it - this is my first and last Cadiallac - I was so happy to get it and my Dad would have been proud - but the day I set foot in my local dealers service department that all changed - first impressions are lasting and CCS is a total joke!

I'm torn from totally taking a $$$ hit on this car and get rid of it or just fix what I know is wrong and try and enjoy it - after owning it only 2 months this souldn't be what I thinking about this car!

flatrockguy
06-23-12, 04:18 PM
That sucks but I have to say that my dealer is awesome... The problem with GM and the other american car companies is they just don't get, that the service from the dealers is what makes or breaks a customer.. The customer, in most cases, decides where or not to buy again based on the dealer service. No car is perfect foreign or domestic, so when you have to go to the dealer for service it better be good or the customer will go elsewere for their next purchase.

SoCal_V
06-23-12, 06:31 PM
I've yet to discover a "fantastic" GM service center, including (unfortunately) my current one where I purchased my '12 V. They are completely clueless. We make excuses because the car is fun but at some point it gets really old.

Wannago
06-23-12, 07:46 PM
I agree with the OP. I'm on my second dealership, but so far, both of the ones I've been at can't even get me a proper replacement canister for my (spare tire) compressor. This is the least of the issues I have had, but exemplifies their incompetence...how hard can it be to order a replacement part?? I think part of the problem is that when we take our Caddys to the dealership, beginning at the service "advisor" right through to the mechanics / techs, supervisors, and the service manager, the folks who work on Sonics, Cruzes, Volts, Colorados, HD 2500 Diesels etc. are the same ones that are working on our V's. Would be nice to have an exclusive Cadillac Dealership that only deals with Caddys, and as such, would be much more in tune with our vehicles. It is truly sad that we have to come to forums like this to get REAL advice and information.

As I've expressed to Katie, we are in the market for a new vehicle for the wife, but seeing how incompetent the local GM dealerships are (at least around here), there is no way I will be buying another GM product. I love my V...but this will be my last GM product, and I dread the day that I have to have warranty any work done...God only knows how that will turn out.

silversled
06-23-12, 09:47 PM
Airfoto, sorry to hear about your bad fortune with your dealer. I had the same suspension squeak. After an absolutely horrendous experience with my dealer, they did resolve the issue by changing out the lower control arm and MR shock.

1madstsv
06-23-12, 11:07 PM
Don't feel bad I had to take my Stsv to the local caddy dealer one time they did not even know that Cadillac made a Stsv. I had to tell them what to fix and how to do it. I did not have the tools neaded our I would have just done it my self. How sad is that. $78,000 car they did not even know the made.

neuronbob
06-23-12, 11:36 PM
I know the dealerships are individually owned, but the corporate office needs to come down like the hammer of Thor on poor dealers. Some of you guys have sucky dealers and since the dealer culling three years ago, many of you don't have a choice in dealers.

I am lucky in that my servicing dealer does a reasonable job. They made an error with my aftermarket wheels a couple of months ago and to their credit, they admitted what happened, then stepped up and fixed the wheels at no cost to me. I didn't even have to argue. That is the mark of a good dealer and when it came time to send in a survey I stated what happened and that they stepped up. I've had warranty work (thankfully VERY little...my V is solid!) done at the dealer as well without problems.

baabootoo
06-24-12, 12:16 AM
Have you called Customer Service yet? It's time to get them involved.

Dogbreath
06-24-12, 11:59 AM
There's a saying in the auto and boat (and probably RV) industry. "The sales floor sells the first vehicle. The service dept. sells the rest."

So far, my 09 with 6000 miles has been rock solid. Nothing to complain about. No squeaks, rattles, rocking Recaros. Nothing. Don't know about dealer service since it hasn't needed any.

smackdownCTSV
06-24-12, 12:05 PM
Seems like QC took at shit after the 2009's.

baabootoo
06-24-12, 01:30 PM
My 2009 has only had a leaky sunroof, but nothing else. I WISH I had the clicking wheels, so I could get the new rotors!

neuronbob
06-24-12, 03:14 PM
Seems like QC took at shit after the 2009's.

Hey that's my line! This car has been the exact opposite of the standard wisdom that you don't buy a first year model.

SoonerSpeedFreak
06-24-12, 07:59 PM
Just wait. 6000 miles you won't. All the problems will happen. My passanger Recaro rocks.... but what ever. But it squeeks and is so dam anoying. Then the sun roof.....wind noise and creaking. Brakes clicking. Rear deck lid rattles like crazy and is probably the sub woofer problem I have been hearing about. All my Porche friends like to ride in it...it's embarrasing though with all the disstracting noises. I can always see there faces! Would recomend turning up the radio to drown it all out... but the Bose system is another big joke. And I don't want to hear the B.S. of that it would cost thousands for a better stereo. That is B.S. At least offer and upgrade for more money.
It is an awesome, powerfull, fast car. But sometimes I feel like the ricer kid. Having a car that does some really cool things but just doesn't belong in the same class. Who care's if it's way lower in price if it has so many little stupid issues. There is no reason a factory sun roof can not be installed right. There is no reason when you pay $3K plus for seat up grades that they shouldn't be flawless. You have to factor in the seat price of the seats that would have come in the car. These recarro's cost us prob over $5k in reality.

And I don't want to take it to the dealer for fix's because of all of the horror stories.
It is a good car though. Everyone can bash me I don't care. But it's the simple details. Doesn't cost GM anymore money to do it right than it does wrong. And yes every car has some issues. It is funny what we put up with and just exspect from GM.
This car has never been tracked. And is babied. 27k miles. Still a thumbs up though!

JimmyH
06-24-12, 09:21 PM
My Cadillac dealer was awesome. I took my 05V in for a whining differential. I asked them to change the fluid. They swapped out the differential under warranty. I didn't even have to ask.

My Chevy dealer has been awesome as well (asked them to look at a slight rattle in my exhaust, and they replaced it, no questions asked), so I have never had to deal with GM customer service.

My point is you should try a different dealer before you spend time on the phone with customer service.

Airfoto
06-25-12, 02:42 PM
Well - I'm not the only one that has had problems - it is scary to think you can't take your car in because they will screw it up more then it is! How SAD!

I've called customer service 3 times been on hold 30 minutes and still nothing - there are as bad as AT&T - what a series joke they are - just a lot of HOT AIR!

Yea - the dealers aren't directly connected to Cadillac or GM - but they surely represent them as if they were!

Airfoto
06-25-12, 02:51 PM
I agree - that is what I think is wrong with my car as well - the bushings and maybe the right front shock - not sure how to deal with it though. What a waste of time having to drive a longer distant - right at an hour - to a dealer that may or may not have the same issues as the BOZO I've already delt with, then what? Seems like 9 out of 10 dealers service department sucks! So that might put me at 3 hours of driving to the next dealer - what a bad joke for the customer!

GM needs a program that gives the parts to the customer since they don't want to provide CORRECT maintenance of the products they sell - what a concept!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-12, 01:27 PM
Airfoto, I'm so sorry your fustrations are ongoing, and I appreciated your valuable feedback in our discussion via direct message.

I read on this thread that you've already been in touch with my counterparts on the Cadillac Customer Assistance hotline, and I hope a resolution is imminent. If you need me to check into your case details for you, feel free to send me your service request number anytime and I can check on the status for you.

Best,

Katie

Airfoto
06-26-12, 04:44 PM
Katie - No - I haven't been able to get through yet - not sure if you got my last PM sent today - Joe

Wannago
06-26-12, 09:17 PM
Katie, curious if you found out anything regarding my canister issue?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-27-12, 03:54 PM
Katie - No - I haven't been able to get through yet - not sure if you got my last PM sent today - Joe

Joe, I did indeed receive your PM yesterday! Thanks for double checking. I was searching the information you gave me through our database to see if there was any Customer Service records at all regarding your concerns. Expect a private message in your inbox shortly, and I look forward to working with you.

Katie, curious if you found out anything regarding my canister issue?

Hi Wanango! I'm not sure if you successfully received my private message regarding your situation earlier this month, so I'll send you another DM directly after posting this and we can discuss the details further.

Katie

Airfoto
07-10-12, 04:44 PM
Yea - I'm back - same story different day - if you haven't had to deal with these guys your lucky - BUTT - you would only have to if you had your car serviced at a cadillac dealer - which 98% of their service departents don't have a clue - well today they tried to buy me off - $100.00 off my next service - WOW Oh yea - that's if I go to the same dealer - which - I'll never go back to those clowns again - let alone go into another Cadillac Dealership - just not worth the out come! They don't have a clue - they've had it easy with all the old poeple that buy their cars or people that just write a check and don't really care - me included (kinda) I made the mistake and trusted the name - what a joke that turned out to be - now the yonger gen is buying the performance Cadillac's they don't know how to deal with people asking questions or that know more about the car then the clowns they have working on the cars - you'd get better service at a Greese Monkey / Sears / Pep Boys / Kmart / Wal-Mart! How SAD! NO - I wouldn't take my car to any of them, just making a point.

If you can't tell I'm not happy with Cadillac or don't understand my frustration with a company that only whats your $$$ and doesn't provide what they say they delivery! Well Hell that's about half the companies in the US now - buyer be where as they say - so I'll be telling everyone I come in contact with not to deal with GM products! I'm sure as hell done with them, I'll never buy another GM product. Looks like I'll be going German.

I waited years before I bought a Cadillac - they never built anything I liked - only building old dudes cars until now and they can't support their own product! Total frustration - not worth the trouble the dealerships put their customers through! They surely paid JD Powers off - what a joke their comments are! Ok enough for now - you will see me again.

JimmyH
07-10-12, 04:48 PM
Wow. 98%. So you have taken your car to 930 dealerships?

thebigjimsho
07-10-12, 04:56 PM
What will you do when we see you again? Just curious...

JimmyH
07-10-12, 04:57 PM
I bought my wheel wrap at WalMart. I miss that wheel wrap.

DiamondWhtV
07-10-12, 05:14 PM
What's that ole saying....

You can please some of the people, some of the time...but not all the people all of the time.

I have never had an issue with Cadillac service departments, so I don't really know where he is coming from, but in his case...I agree...try another brand (German) and see how that works out for you.

smackdownCTSV
07-10-12, 05:44 PM
$100 off does seem like the go to offer.

nynd
07-10-12, 05:48 PM
What exactly happened at this dealership?

stabie
07-10-12, 05:52 PM
Agreed, he may find the grass is greener over with the germans, or maybe not:) I liked the service at my dealer so much that I traded my 08 CTS for an 11 Vagon and even had oil changes done at the dealership on my dime for the 08. The 08's did not included free changes like they do now.

What's that ole saying....

You can please some of the people, some of the time...but not all the people all of the time.

I have never had an issue with Cadillac service departments, so I don't really know where he is coming from, but in his case...I agree...try another brand (German) and see how that works out for you.

BWhite58
07-10-12, 05:59 PM
Automobile dealers Grease Monkey / Sears / Pep Boys / Kmart / Wal-Mart get there employees from the same employee pool . Every dealer will say they have the best techs working for them . I always ask them where the mediorce and poor ones are are working ?

JimmyH
07-10-12, 06:01 PM
the difference between the independent shops and the dealer is that the dealer techs can call the manufacturer if they get stumped.

CoppeR
07-10-12, 06:30 PM
I'm lost. Plus, the lack of puncuation was great. One big rant/run-on sentence.

allinmyhead
07-10-12, 06:47 PM
What did I just read? Was there a complaint with an expected resolution to a problem, or was it just a therapy session?

So. One thing that the 'younger generation' (I include myself in that group) seems to overlook in the new digital era is that human interaction is still important. The service adviser behind the desk is a person; they are not google/siri/self-serve kiosk. With everything being equal, how they treat you is a direct reflection of how you treat them. You come at them with an argumentative attitude, you'll get less than stellar help. It's basic human-interaction 101.

I've had some pretty crappy dealer service dept interactions. All 100% resolved satisfactorily after properly communicating with the correct people at the dealership.

Hotrod-Realtor
07-10-12, 07:20 PM
I have a hard time taking the rant seriously with all of the grammatical and spelling errors.

FLTRI
07-10-12, 07:46 PM
Deleted double post...

FLTRI
07-10-12, 07:47 PM
One thing that the 'younger generation' (I include myself in that group) seems to overlook in the new digital era is that human interaction is still important. The service adviser behind the desk is a person; they are not google/siri/self-serve kiosk. With everything being equal, how they treat you is a direct reflection of how you treat them. You come at them with an argumentative attitude, you'll get less than stellar help. It's basic human-interaction 101.

Yup.

I have a pretty good friend that worked his way up from a salesman to General Manager of a dealership here in town. His wife eventually went to work at the same dealership. One day, she was doing what she could to sell some particularly annoying guy a car. She made the oft used sales cliche, "What do I have to do to put you in this car today?" The guy says, "Blow me. Seriously. If you blow me, I'll buy the car." She politely excused herself and got her husband, and two other large employees.

The customer got a brisk escort to the rear of the dealership. My buddy never told me exactly what transpired, but he said there was no concern with him returning to the lot. Ever.

Point being, there are folks that forget that every employee is a human, and just doing their job. They do their best (most times) to satisfy their customers. Some folks, will never be satisfied, and think they can do, or say, pretty much anything because they are the "Customer"...