: 2005 Seville

JOENH
09-02-03, 01:02 PM
Most recent Road and Track has a pic of the next generation Seville. Styling befits a Seville but I was disappointed to read that the "entry" level Seville will sport a V-6!!!!!!??????? The Cadillac Flagship with a V-6! As much as I favor front wheel drive (winter climate) the switch over to rear wheel doesn't bother me but the V-6 has me smoking!!! If you want a six buy a CTS!

the Sandman
09-02-03, 01:41 PM
Most recent Road and Track has a pic of the next generation Seville. Styling befits a Seville but I was disappointed to read that the "entry" level Seville will sport a V-6!!!!!!??????? The Cadillac Flagship with a V-6! As much as I favor front wheel drive (winter climate) the switch over to rear wheel doesn't bother me but the V-6 has me smoking!!!Hey Joe - Welcome to the CadillacForums! The new STS (won't be called a Seville) looks to be pretty interesting. I think Cadillac is trying to compete with the Europeans by offering the newer models with multiple engine choices. The new V6 is actually supposed to be a very nice engine, already tested at over 400 horsepower with forced induction. With the naturally aspirated version, the hope is to have a lower priced example with better fuel economy for those who don't need big power - believe it or not they're out there. There will also be a GenII Northstar version with 320 horsepower, and supposedly an STS-V with significantly more power than that (either a supercharged GenII Northstar V8 or a Northstar V12).
If you want a six buy a CTS!Well, the new STS will basically be a grown up CTS - it's the same Sigma platform stretched about 3 inches. It's really not unreasonable to have the base model sport a high output V6, as long as there are more powerful options. The CTS -V has a lot of enhancements over the CTS to handle the extra power of the LS6 V8, and the STS-V would utilize those same enhancements. I don't believe the performance of the new STS will be a disappointment...we'll see...

Thanks for registering and enjoy your time on the Board.

MMNineInchNails
09-03-03, 01:31 AM
hmmm a V-6 with 400 horse power with a person not looking for much performance in mind is fine by me.

JOENH
09-03-03, 09:50 PM
Article quotes around 240 plus HP for the new entry level V-6 "Seville". I was looking at the Seville as the "Flagship"; repeat "Flagship" of the Cadillac line!!! The Audi A8 (Is not a V-6!!!), the 700 Series Bimmers don't have V-6's!!!, (some have V-12's!!!), the Seville Mercedes Benz counterparts don't have V-6's!!!, etc. My point, if you want a V-6, start with a hotrod CTS. If you can afford a Seville, you want a V-8!!!. I'm 60 years old. I used to drag race at a local route 1 pre-determined 1/4 mile track (I am not a grandfather who wants a vintage Cadillac "Boat"). We are the generation who wants some "Hot Caddies". Personally I am a Seville fan, and a V-6 in the flagship car is an abomination. Caddy needs to talk to us. We are loosing market share to the Euro's. THIS IS THE REASON!!!! DO YOU THINK ANYONE WHO CAN AFFORD TO PUT DOWN $60 PLUS K FOR A LUXURY VEHICLE, WANTS A V-6!!!!

hdave
12-22-03, 05:58 PM
Article quotes around 240 plus HP for the new entry level V-6 "Seville". I was looking at the Seville as the "Flagship"; repeat "Flagship" of the Cadillac line!!! The Audi A8 (Is not a V-6!!!), the 700 Series Bimmers don't have V-6's!!!, (some have V-12's!!!), the Seville Mercedes Benz counterparts don't have V-6's!!!, etc. My point, if you want a V-6, start with a hotrod CTS. If you can afford a Seville, you want a V-8!!!. I'm 60 years old. I used to drag race at a local route 1 pre-determined 1/4 mile track (I am not a grandfather who wants a vintage Cadillac "Boat"). We are the generation who wants some "Hot Caddies". Personally I am a Seville fan, and a V-6 in the flagship car is an abomination. Caddy needs to talk to us. We are loosing market share to the Euro's. THIS IS THE REASON!!!! DO YOU THINK ANYONE WHO CAN AFFORD TO PUT DOWN $60 PLUS K FOR A LUXURY VEHICLE, WANTS A V-6!!!!

i COMPLETELY agree with you. cadillac's flagship car shouldnt have a dinky little V6. it is their flagship car, and should represent waht cadillac is all about; luxury cars with big engines and all options standard.
environmentalists that want fuel economy. they can go buy hybrods.

btw, im 18yrs old and i love anyhting with a nice big v8 screaming to get out of the way. moost of my crazy friends drive 4 banger hondas and those retards actually htink honda is a better name than cadillac. even my catera (which is one of the worst caddies) is better than all of their hondas.

does anyone have any info/speculation on the STS-V????

Brett
12-22-03, 06:20 PM
The STS is positioned to go against the 5-series, E class, and A6's. Those cars all do have 6 cylinder options. If you want to know more about Cadillacs upcoming flagship follow the link

http://www.autoweek.com/search/search_display.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&content_code=07861946&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=1768532&record=2

Jetillac
12-22-03, 08:06 PM
Models- V6 RWD, V8 RWD, V8 AWD

Interior-
Aluminum Trim Package, premium aluminum trim, includes center stack and console

Cruise control, adaptive, sophisticated radar transceiver automatically adjusts speed to maintain preset following distance, includes telltale in head-up in reconfigurable head-up display

Head-Up Display, reconfigurable, includes digital readouts for vehicle speed, selected gear, adaptive cruise indicator, radio information, high-beam indicator, fuel level, six languages available (English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish)

Keyless Access, includes keyless ignition which is engaged with push button start, and 2 remote transmitters which enable passive entry on both front doors and trunk, and remote start capability

Steering wheel, mounted controls, includes controls for sound system, HVAC system, voice recognition and Adaptive Cruise Control (if equipped)

Wood Trim Package, includes real eucalyptus wood on steering wheel, shifter knob, center stack and console, IP spear molding and door pulls

Stereo-
ETR AM/FM Bose 4.0 with CD player, includes Radio Data System and 8 speakers

ETR AM/FM Bose 4.0 with in-dash 6 disc CD changer, includes Radio Data System and 8 speakers

ETR AM/FM Studio Surround Sound Bose 5.1 with in-dash 6 disc DVD changer, includes Radio Data System, seek-and-scan, digital clock, automatic volume compensation, TheftLock, weather band, digital signal processing and 15 speakers, rear passenger A/V jacks

ETR AM/FM Studio Surround Sound Bose 5.1 with in-dash 6 disc DVD changer, DVD-based Advanced Navigation, includes Radio Data System, seek-and-scan, digital clock, automatic volume compensation, TheftLock, weather band, digital signal processing and 15 speakers, rear passenger A/V jacks

Exterior-
Glass, laminated front side for quiet car characteristics

Exhaust outlets, dual chrome-plated tips

Headlamps, halogen, Tungsten, windshield wiper activated, includes Twilight Sentinel and flash-to-pass feature

Headlamps, Intellibeam, automatic low/high beam control

Headlamps, Xenon, high-intensity discharge, windshield wiper activated, includes flash-to-pass and headlamp washers

Spoiler, decklid

Rear Parking Assist, Ultrasonic, includes rearview LED display and audible warning

Tires, P235/50R17, Michelin, S-rated, all-season, blackwall

Tires, P235/50R17 front and P255/45R17 rear, Michelin, V-rated, all-season, blackwall

Tires, P235/50R18 front and P255/45R18 rear, Michelin, W-rated, all-season, blackwall

Wheels, 2 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) front, 2 - 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) rear, cast aluminum, painted, 7-spoke

Wheels, 2 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) front, 2 - 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) rear, cast aluminum, polished, 7-spoke

Wheels, 4 - 18" x 8" (45.6 cm x 20.3 cm) cast aluminum polished, 9-spoke faceted

Wheels, 4 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) cast aluminum painted, 7-spoke

Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) aluminum polished

Wipers, Rainsense

Mechanical-
Brakes, Panic Assist, senses high impact braking and assists with braking maneuvers

Driver Shift Control

Engine, 3.6L V6 VVT (260 HP [193.9 kW] @ 6500 rpm, 252 lb.-ft. [340.2 N-m] @ 2800 rpm)

Engine, 4.6L Northstar V8 VVT, SFI variable valve timing, Northstar (320 HP [238.6 kW] @ 6400 rpm, 315 lb.-ft. [425.3 N-m] @ 4400 rpm)

Limited Slip Differential

Performance Cooling Package, includes P/S cooler, mechanical engine driven fan and 2-80 watt pusher electric fans

Premium Steering Gear, ZF

StabiliTrak

Seating-

Front, bucket Nuance Leather Seating Surfaces
Front, bucket Tuscany Leather Seats

Colours, Light Gray1, Ebony1, Light Cashmere2
1 - Light Gray or Ebony Interiors include dark eucalyptus wood trim
2 - Light Cashmere interior includes medium eucalyptus wood trim

Exterior Colours-

Blue Chip
Red Line
Black Raven
Silver Smoke
Sand Storm
Moonstone
Light Platinum
Silver Green Metallic
White Lightning

Dimensions-

Wheelbase 116.40 (2957)
Overall length 196.30 (4986)
Body width 72.60 (1844)
Overall height 57.60 (1463)
Front track width 61.80 (1570)
Rear track width 62.30 (1582)
Head room, front 38.70 (983)
Head room, rear 37.90 (963)
Shoulder room, front 58.60 (1488)
Shoulder room, rear 57.40 (1458)
Hip room, front 54.60 (1387)
Hip room, rear 55.60 (1412)
Leg room, front 42.60 (1082)
Leg room, rear 38.30 (973)

JoeCaddy1
12-23-03, 09:11 PM
The V-6 in the STS is the same as the V-6 in the SRX and CTS. 3.6L V6 w/VVT around 240 HP.

Playdrv4me
12-23-03, 09:34 PM
Truth be told I think that besides the typical american car issues, the current Seville will be the last one im really interested in, and thats coming from a 21 year old that has a fully optioned STS. This is the car that drew me in, and if the next one looks anything like the CTS, which I know it will, then this will probably be my last caddy save for a possible Escalade upgrade. I really actually HEAVILY congratulate Cadillac and GM for their new styling vision, as the old Fleetwoods and the bunch really had me practically heaving at one point (as did their counterparts such as the Caprice, Roadmaster yada yada), but the previous and current Sevilles (92-2004) had a life all their own, almost outside the Cadillac fray and deserve proper respect. If I consider anything even close to a CTS-like vehicle, it will suredly be from a Euro-marque. I can not plop down 35 plus k for any american luxury car, the value holding and reliability just isnt there for me, and at each level I can always find a euro counterpart I like better. The C series is great but Id vastly prefer a 3 car, etc etc... Hopefully the next STS will have some cool gadgets tho.

Caddy Man
12-25-03, 04:37 AM
Truth be told I think that besides the typical american car issues, the current Seville will be the last one im really interested in, and thats coming from a 21 year old that has a fully optioned STS. This is the car that drew me in, and if the next one looks anything like the CTS, which I know it will, then this will probably be my last caddy save for a possible Escalade upgrade. I really actually HEAVILY congratulate Cadillac and GM for their new styling vision, as the old Fleetwoods and the bunch really had me practically heaving at one point (as did their counterparts such as the Caprice, Roadmaster yada yada), but the previous and current Sevilles (92-2004) had a life all their own, almost outside the Cadillac fray and deserve proper respect. If I consider anything even close to a CTS-like vehicle, it will suredly be from a Euro-marque. I can not plop down 35 plus k for any american luxury car, the value holding and reliability just isnt there for me, and at each level I can always find a euro counterpart I like better. The C series is great but Id vastly prefer a 3 car, etc etc... Hopefully the next STS will have some cool gadgets tho.

Bro i just gotta say you have BEAUTIFUL STS...if i didnt get my DTS, i would opted for a 00-02 STS. But in refernece to other people posts, ive ALWAYS thought the DEVILLE has been the flagship or cadillac, and the seville as the sportier cadillac. Am i the only one who thought that way?

airbalancer
12-25-03, 07:11 AM
Bro i just gotta say you have BEAUTIFUL STS...if i didnt get my DTS, i would opted for a 00-02 STS. But in refernece to other people posts, ive ALWAYS thought the DEVILLE has been the flagship or cadillac, and the seville as the sportier cadillac. Am i the only one who thought that way?
I thinks so
Is not the flagship of the company the most costly car

So I guess the XLR would be the flagship car of the cadillac now

Caddy Man
12-25-03, 09:10 PM
I thinks so
Is not the flagship of the company the most costly car

So I guess the XLR would be the flagship car of the cadillac now
well i mean if u wanted to look at price, sure the deville isnt crazy expsnive, but i was referring to the DTS as the flagship, the top of the line prestige car. like the S 500 has always been the flagship of Mercedes Benz and 7 series for BMW, even though there are modesl more expenisve those both of those 2.

rueben44
12-27-03, 09:17 AM
Ok guys this is how it works!
The STS was Cadillac's flag ship but now the XLR is.
Secndly the STS is going up against the E class, 5 Series and the Audi A6 and as stated before they all start out with a V6 or I6 also.
Third the Deville was never Cadillac's flag ship the Eldorado was before the Seville came out in 76 and it has always cost more than any Deville.
Finally Cadillac will be coming out with an S-Class and 7 Series fighter in about 2 to 3 more years and it will not start out with a V6. But you must remeber that Benz and BMW fla ships use to start out with V6's also in the 80 and Benz through the 90's. Further more in Europe they still do!

Oh and the STS's V6 should have about 260HP

Playdrv4me
01-01-04, 03:44 PM

Thanks Caddy Man,Sadly she has been put to rest due to several mechanical and quality issues. The dealer I bought her from was nice enough to basically transfer me over to my 330 with a little coaxing. I always say that the STS will be my favorite american luxury car forever pretty much.

Smokey
01-01-04, 05:35 PM
Define "Flagship" for me. I too always thought of the DeVilles as the flagship of Cadillac. I know that in 1973, the Fleetwood Brougham was considered Cadillac's "Flagship" At least at the Cadillac dealer I was working for at the time. Eldorados were just odities that the "younger" guys sometimes drove.

Brett
01-01-04, 05:59 PM
I think Flaghsip is definitely difficult to define. I think it can mean different things to different car companies. It could be the sales leader, it could be the technology leader, it could be the price leader. I think it this point the XLR would be Cadillacs Flagship, being technology and price leader. And in the future the car that comes from the "ULS" project will take over. Now other companies have cars similar to the XLR, but I wouldnt call them "flagships" For Instance, even though the SL and CL benz's cost more than the S, I believe most people see the S as MB's Flagship. Same with the 7-series bmw, the Z8 cost more, but the 7 was always the flagship imo

Caddy Man
01-11-04, 03:16 PM
i've just always thought the flagship is the largest most ''luxurious'' car with the most available options. thats why i thoguht the DTS, not deville, was the flagship. when i think of flagship i think of the most prestigous car. just like the lincoln town car is the flagship of lincoln. I jsut read this article and they say the DTS is the flagship:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0401/05/b03-26179.htm

''Moreover, the product pipeline is full, with the STS midsize sedan arriving on the market later this year and a new flagship DTS to follow.''

And also while reading a test of the Cadillac DTS vs. the Lincoln Town Car in a Motor Trend magazine (cant remeber the exact month of the issue) they refer to the two cars as the flagships of each marque. That is why i've always thought the DTS has been the flagship, and before that the Fleetwood was.

Caddy Man
01-11-04, 03:16 PM
Thanks Caddy Man,Sadly she has been put to rest due to several mechanical and quality issues. The dealer I bought her from was nice enough to basically transfer me over to my 330 with a little coaxing. I always say that the STS will be my favorite american luxury car forever pretty much.
what kind of problems were happening with your car?

rueben44
01-11-04, 06:24 PM
Typically what you said would be true. However the Seville since its conception in 1976 has always cost more than the Deville line up and its price does not drop as low if I am not mistaken. There was talk that the Deville would move up above the STS when it gets a full redesign but now we do not know if that is true. Reason being Cadillac has stated that they are making a new car that will rover around the 100K mark. Also the fact that the Deville is and has been a bread winner for the brand so they don't want to risk taking its price to high.

Playdrv4me
01-12-04, 12:45 AM
what kind of problems were happening with your car?

I had an issue with the Intermediate Steering Shaft, as well as a non operational drivers side seat heater, a broken switch plate on this seat (this was replaced), I had to have the CPS sensors replaced, an uncurable rattle from the dash, and the transmission was starting to "search" for gears near the end of its time with me among other issues I cant even remember anymore.

Reuben, I agree with you, Deville is the breadwinner for Cadillacs most typical buyer and they probably wont mess with its price category or feature set too much.

Smokey
01-12-04, 09:42 AM
As for the "Flagship" meaning costing the most, go to Cadillac's website and build a Seville Premium Luxury with all the options and you'll get an MSRP of just over $54,000.00 Do the same for a DHS and it'll run you over $59,000. HHhhmm.... again, define "Flagship". In my mind, the Deville line is still the Flagship. Oh yeah, they do not even list a STS for 2004.

gothicaleigh
01-12-04, 12:09 PM
Now do the same for the Escalade and XLR... The flagship question is pointless. Personally, I've never seen the Seville as the flagship Caddy. Right now, it would appear that the XLR is their chosen 'flagship', as it is the most stunning and advanced in their lineup. Before that, I would have given the honor to the Escalade.

Back to topic: The 2005 Seville seems to have what it takes to compete against the likes of the BMW's 5series. So far Cadillac has done an excellent job in hitting their market targets with each of the new redesigns, I truly doubt they would slip up in the redesign of one of their most popular models.

Cadillacboy
01-12-04, 06:43 PM
I also love actual STS lines ,but new STS seems to be looking even greater no wonder because we own Cadillac :)

GERMEEZY1
01-13-04, 01:10 PM
I think that Cadillac has changed numerous times on their lineup and their flagships. Their was a time were the top of the line Caddy was the Fleetwood Brougham! And then when the new body style STS came out in 92 then that became the flagship. Caddillac really never had a model line up they always kind of mixed the old with the new. But now that GM wants them to compete with BMW and MB they have to rethink their lineup. BMW has their cars go from smallest to largest the 3 the 5 the 7 same with Mercedes the C the E and the S. Putting the STS on top of the line up is like Mercedes putting the E Class over the S class! So in that sense I embrace the V-6 the STS is the only car in its class without a more entry level V-6 version. I love power too but open your eyes people most of the time you see a 5 series it is a 6 cylinder 530i same with Audi A6 you don't see V-8 A6's very much. And also look on the back of the next Eclass you see yep it will say e320 not e500! I think the CTS should be the smalllest car they ever make and then up from their a V-6 STS and then the V-8 STS and then keep the FWD Deville after all it is the best selling luxury car their is. I think the Deville should be priced about the same as the highest line STS and then to cap it off with a flagship smaller Sixteen look alike with a V-12. That way you keep the traditional Deville buyer and also bring the traditional import buyers into the fold. And as far as BMW being better that is hogwash I just traded in my fiance's 02 330CI because of problems we were having with it. Fun car but high maintenance and when you have an issue they look at you and say they all do that because they are high performance cars well I have 300 hp and I don't have to put up with computer problems and constant squeaking noises! And I can afford to buy a 7 series or whatever I want but I would not buy a 7 series for any amount they have so many problems and lets not even talk about resale value!

Caddy Man
01-13-04, 02:06 PM
as much as i love the sts i have NEVER seen it as the flagship of cadillac. and i would never see the suv being a flagship expecially of cadillac or any car company for that matter. i think people are making the wrong comparison when it comes to deville vs STS...it needs to be DTS vs STS and in that i believe the DTS is the flagship model. just the whole image that the two cars portray the DTS just seems like the classier more formal flagship type model. the sts more fun and sporty. sure i know the sts is getting a redesign and will be the newest cadillac out...but the DTS is up next. Its just that whenever i read articles or whatever about the DTS its always refered as the flagship model. and i would NEVER consider the escalade SUV to be the flagship of cadillac ever or of any car comopany.

Playdrv4me
01-13-04, 05:57 PM
I agree, I love the Escalade, but I couldnt necessarily call it a Flagship either. But why? I cant give you any specific reason why the SUV couldnt be the flagship of a brand,just because they havent been in the past doesnt mean they never could be. Cadillac put alot of thought into the current Escalade but I think it would still go to the STS or DTS. These two are practically a toss-up though, the STS and DTS ride on the exact same Aurora platform, the DTS has some exclusives like Night Vision, but the STS has Xenon lights. I could go on and on but even well respected Car mags agree these two practically compete AGAINST eachother right now which needs to be changed and should be once the new STS arrives. In Lincoln for example, the Town Car is immediately recognizeable as the flagship of that brand, even though the LS has alot more technology in it. I do find it funny that the previous poster sited poor resale for BMW. While I wont get started on my own hatred of the new 7, I certainly wouldnt run to a Cadillac as a resale value savior either. The 3 series however maintains at least 60% of its resale after approx. 3 years. The DTS and STS at the same time maintain about 20-30% or maybe less since they are typically already discounted 8000.00 from MSRP from the moment they arrive on the showroom floor. Resale value is not YET an attractive forte of any domestic luxury car. The CTS seems to be changing that somewhat. You can always argue one way or the other, but that is a pretty solid fact.

Caddy Man
01-13-04, 08:12 PM
I agree, I love the Escalade, but I couldnt necessarily call it a Flagship either. But why? I cant give you any specific reason why the SUV couldnt be the flagship of a brand,just because they havent been in the past doesnt mean they never could be. Cadillac put alot of thought into the current Escalade but I think it would still go to the STS or DTS. These two are practically a toss-up though, the STS and DTS ride on the exact same Aurora platform, the DTS has some exclusives like Night Vision, but the STS has Xenon lights. I could go on and on but even well respected Car mags agree these two practically compete AGAINST eachother right now which needs to be changed and should be once the new STS arrives. In Lincoln for example, the Town Car is immediately recognizeable as the flagship of that brand, even though the LS has alot more technology in it. I do find it funny that the previous poster sited poor resale for BMW. While I wont get started on my own hatred of the new 7, I certainly wouldnt run to a Cadillac as a resale value savior either. The 3 series however maintains at least 60% of its resale after approx. 3 years. The DTS and STS at the same time maintain about 20-30% or maybe less since they are typically already discounted 8000.00 from MSRP from the moment they arrive on the showroom floor. Resale value is not YET an attractive forte of any domestic luxury car. The CTS seems to be changing that somewhat. You can always argue one way or the other, but that is a pretty solid fact.
i tend to agree...its hard to find which one is the flagship because the sts and dts are so smiliar. i just think the dts is because it is larger. usually the larger car gets flagship status...at least IN MY OPINION. ive always wondered why the sts had xenon lights and not the dts. since the cars are so similiar they probably want to keep them somewhat differnt, offering nightvision on one and xenon lights on the other. i also agree this will change once the new sts arrives...but i belive it will change again once the new dts arrives in 2007-2008.

Playdrv4me
01-13-04, 09:11 PM
i tend to agree...its hard to find which one is the flagship because the sts and dts are so smiliar. i just think the dts is because it is larger. usually the larger car gets flagship status...at least IN MY OPINION. ive always wondered why the sts had xenon lights and not the dts. since the cars are so similiar they probably want to keep them somewhat differnt, offering nightvision on one and xenon lights on the other. i also agree this will change once the new sts arrives...but i belive it will change again once the new dts arrives in 2007-2008.

LOL yup... Ive always had this little analogy that if the current DTS and STS were brothers, theyd be the brothers that are always beating the crap out of eachother. Or theyd be the two fish you cant put in the same bowl for risk of eating eachother. :p

Caddy Man
01-14-04, 02:05 AM
LOL yup... Ive always had this little analogy that if the current DTS and STS were brothers, theyd be the brothers that are always beating the crap out of eachother. Or theyd be the two fish you cant put in the same bowl for risk of eating eachother. :p
i couldnt agree more...thats why when i was about to get my dts...i was torn between a dts or an sts they are almost the same car. but i had a good deal on the dts so we went for that. the only reason i guess i see the dts as more of a flagship type car even thought it and the sts are virtually the same is because of the name...deville goes back farther in the cadillac lineage then seville does. lol i kno it sounds dumb but thats just what i think of.

tdogg5184
03-18-04, 12:19 AM
I am very intersted in buying a 2005 STS i currently have a 2000 STS. I signed up for updates at Cadillacs website for info on the new STS they sent me this email last week. Let me quote a paragraph from this publication from Cadillac.

"You asked to receive information about the all-new 2005 Cadillac STS as it becomes available, and your Cadillac Concierge is pleased to provide it for you. You interest is welcome and not surprising. The 2005 STS is, after all, the much-anticipated flagship of the Cadillac line.
Naturally, in creating this new sedan from the ground up, quality and craftsmanship were paramount. To that end, the craftsman who were carefully selected to create the 2005 STS are leaders in their field, recognized for their knowledge, experience, and passion.
Why the best and the brightest? Simply because the 2005 Cadillac STS was designed with the most demanding specifications of any sedan in Cadillac's history. The STS sets a new Cadillac standard with its level of fit and finish, fine-crafted appearance, and overall quality."

Personaly i have Seen the STS as the flagship since 1992. The XLR is more of a specialty car. And the Escalade is awesome but its a truck.