Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lane Change Signal

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
My right lane change signal doesn't work. I did not see a fuse called out in the manual for it. Any thoughts or suggestions. The left one works fine.

#4 ·
Welcome Caddy Kim!

It would help if you filled out the information to at least tell us which year your car is.
Does the signal work when pushing the lever all the way up instead of just pressing it part way?
If so, it could be the turn signal multifunction switch in the steering column. There is a service bulletin for this issue but it only applies to the early 2008 CTS's (built before 1/15/08). This multifunction switch is not too difficult to replace for a DIYer.

You can check the bulb and fuse by turning on the hazard flashers and walking around the car to make sure they all function.
p.s. If the bulb is out, you will typically see a rapid flash on the dash instead of the normal steady flash.

#5 ·
Yes. The signal does work when I put the switch in the full upper position. Its only the right lane change. The bulb is fine. As for you others, unlike most women I do know a bit about cars and I was a manager for an auto parts store. But the blinker fluid comment was cute. I've done my own small engine repairs, oil changes, and much more. Now I leave that up to my fiancé, let him get greasy.

#6 ·
I know on my car, the lane change is activated for 3 blinks if i just tap it and release for what would amount to one blink only. This being the case, that indicates there are timing electronics involved, and possibly this is a dealer fix. It wouldn't be a greasy job, so don't let hubby get near it. :thehand::bouncy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.