: 05 STS Shifter sloppy between N & D

ITSQUIK
07-08-12, 10:47 PM
I have an 05 STS 3.6 with 85,000 miles. I noticed the other day that my shifter is starting to feel sloppy between N & D. I do manually shift it fairly often & was wondering if anyone else has had or is having this issue. I don't know if it's from shifting manually & the side to side motion from Auto to Manual. And if so, am I stuck buying a whole new shifter or are there bushings that can be replaced?

willysmooo
07-13-12, 02:29 PM
Had the same problem, search this site for shift linkage....you can jack your car up and change the linkage...fixed mine to like new. I poseted the part number on here in another thread....its a new part# and it had a HUGE rubber bushing around the linkage(compared to the original one on your car) and that bushing keeps it firmly agianst the uniframe underneath....super easy to change, one nut from the trans, and one nut from the shifter underneath...part is like 43 bucks.....took me 30 min and 20 minutes was putting the front on jack stands....mine was the same as yours, it would basically almost go into neutral when I braked, I drove in sport mode as well for a while....but 7k miles later it still feels like new and stays where it should.

ITSQUIK
07-14-12, 12:11 AM
Awesome, THANKS!!