Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Englishtown Raceway Road Course w/ pics

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Lou72 
#1 ·
Today I went out to the road course school at Englishtown and had a blast. It was the first time I tracked the V, and I wasn't really sure what to expect going into it. I held my own fairly well against some real nice cars, and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The track is small at only 1.35 miles, but a great experience nonetheless.

However, a few concerns came up during the day. After 3-5 laps into each session I got the wailing bong for my oil temerature being too high. I know that this a common electrical issue with some of the older V's (which I will investigate tomorrow) but what are the chances that my oil temp actually peaked that high? I was driving her pretty hard, and it was a warm 95 degrees outside. Secondly, I was getting some bad brake fade towards the end of the day. I was unsuccessful in achieving the famed golden calipers, but I now know that I'll have to upgrade the stock pads if I plan on running more events.

And of course some pictures from the day.
View attachment 94486

View attachment 94487

View attachment 94488

View attachment 94489

View attachment 94490

View attachment 94491

View attachment 94492
My personal best.

See less See more
#9 ·
I know the last time I went, which was June 28th... they turned off the announcer booth at 10pm, and were kicking anyone with a loud car out at 10pm too. My last run, I just closed the cutouts. LOL

Today I went out to the road course school at Englishtown and had a blast. It was the first time I tracked the V, and I wasn't really sure what to expect going into it. I held my own fairly well against some real nice cars, and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The track is small at only 1.35 miles, but a great experience nonetheless.

However, a few concerns came up during the day. After 3-5 laps into each session I got the wailing bong for my oil temerature being too high. I know that this a common electrical issue with some of the older V's (which I will investigate tomorrow) but what are the chances that my oil temp actually peaked that high? I was driving her pretty hard, and it was a warm 95 degrees outside. Secondly, I was getting some bad brake fade towards the end of the day. I was unsuccessful in achieving the famed golden calipers, but I now know that I'll have to upgrade the stock pads if I plan on running more events.

And of course some pictures from the day.
View attachment 94486

View attachment 94487

View attachment 94488

View attachment 94489

View attachment 94490

View attachment 94491

View attachment 94492
My personal best.
If you plan on going again, I'd be interested in tagging along if it fits into my schedule so drop me a message!

#3 ·
Great pics! With ambient temps at 95 deg, it could be that pushing the car hard really did spike those temps and those warnings were legit. How were you going to check them? Could be oil cooler time.

Also, how many miles do you have on your brake pads (especially the fronts)?

Thanks for posting ... sounds like a good time!

#4 ·
I was going to check out all of the grounds in the High Oil Temp and alarms thread. It would be much easier to clean up a ground than to get an oil cooler. As for the brake pads, I have no idea... I've put 12K miles on the car since I got it a year and a half ago, and the pads looked roughly 50% going into today.

Interesting. How long has the road course been in use? I heard they couldn't run for either safety or noise issues.
I really don't have an answer for you here either. I know it was open last year, but I can't say for anything before that.

#5 ·
New pads yes but definitely change out the brake fluid, chances are you were boiling it up...Motul RBF600

#7 ·
First of all, welcome to the track mod! That bug bites hard.

Alarm was probably false readings. I've been on track in July heat chasing Porsches around NJMP Thunderbolt and no alarms... temp did get into 260Fs.

You're going to need track pads. Not something hardcore, but at least a Hawk Blues level. And fresh brake fluid.

When I lived in Philly a few years ago, I heard this track would never open due to noise levels and safety concerns of no runoffs. Probably better suited for carts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.