: esv may be possesed

gatorboy112
07-08-12, 06:10 PM
I'm currently in Kuwait and my 2008 esv is in clarksville, tn with my younger brother. When I was home for leave, the only issue the esky caused me was the nav screen cut off on me twice, but everything else continued to play and work, and one time the entire stereo wouldn't play but the nav worked because the lady kept talking.
My brother drove it twice last week and he told me the first time the nav screen cut out and every light on the dash came on but the second time he drove it while making a turn the truck completely cut off, losing power to everything and the only way he stopped was slamming on the brake and locking up the wheels.
Shortly after buying this truck i put an amp and some subs in. they did a line out converter from one of the rear speakers to be able to run rca's, installed a bass knob, and ran a remote turn on wire to the fuse box to turn the amp on. i know they have ran it to the wrong wire because if my lights aren't on, the amp doesn't come on, but i dont think this is causing the issue. my brother also claims if he drives the truck with the lights and radio on it hasnt caused an issue. He has checked all the connections with the battery and amp and such and says everything is tight so i dont think it's shorting out with anything with that. any help would be nice.

gatorboy112
07-08-12, 06:12 PM
also, my two flip down screens were working when i was first home, and the last time i tried to play a movie for my girls little girl the screens lite up but stayed blank. any ideas on that?
when i first got the truck the battery had a bad cell and was causing some issues as well. i replaced it with a diehard platinum deepcycle and everything seemed fine. but it also did the whole lock and unlock of the doors, and one time when i hit unlock, every door would unlock except the drivers.

MrHolland
07-08-12, 07:49 PM
I don't want to steal anyones thunder, but, if Mr. Hcvone was here, he would probably recommend changing out the AC Delco battery if you havent already!!

gatorboy112
07-08-12, 08:42 PM
haha already stated it was replaced by a die hard platinum deep cycle

MrHolland
07-08-12, 08:52 PM
OH, I completely missed that in post #2

K9Caddy
07-09-12, 02:01 AM
I put my money on the connections that the stereo guys hacked into...