: After market amp in 2002 deville

jubylives
07-08-12, 04:17 PM
Ok I want to hook an amp in my deville. I have everything figured out but a 5 volt source to turn the amp on. Anyone have an idea where or if there is a 5 volt source?

jeremy

vincentm
07-08-12, 04:35 PM
You can try tapping into the rear fuse panel.. but not sure if the voltage meets or exceeds 5

jubylives
07-08-12, 05:45 PM
I messed around back there but didnt find a 5 volt yet. I got through half of the fuses before I had to stop but still have more to check.

jubylives
08-07-12, 11:06 AM
any ideas?

stickpony
08-11-12, 11:12 PM
why does it have to be 5volts? every aftermarket amp ive ever used had a 12v turn on signal?

Dregun
01-17-13, 02:30 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this might be useful for others ..maybe.. :D

This device does a lot of things, but what you want it to do is take a signal coming from a speaker source (something with lower wattage..like your rear speakers, not your subs hooked up to a 2000watt amp!) Anyways, you feed this device 12v (from your amp) and ground (from your amp) hook up the Green wire to the negative terminal on one of your speakers and the blue wire from this will now function as your 12v remote on wire.

As stated, this thing can do many things but it can also do what you are looking for without being to invasive.

Pac Tr7 (http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=188)

Good Luck :)