: Just saying ..

Mr.ESV
07-07-12, 11:42 AM
Hey guys, Just bought an 07' ESV with 95K (my first Cadillac)
Hope to put many more miles on it driving in style & comfort.

cadmanchris
07-07-12, 01:15 PM
Congrats on your purchase!!

nathanjax
07-07-12, 01:57 PM
Congrats!

hcvone
07-08-12, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new truck. :)

MrHolland
07-08-12, 05:09 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum sir. Theres lots of good info in here and ppl, enjoy your stay!!

zogg
07-08-12, 10:40 PM
You should have many many miles ahead...in style. They are super vehicles. Congrats!!!

Rag64top
07-10-12, 12:25 AM
Welcome! I just picked up an 07 also. The most amazing vehicle I have ever owned!
Mine has some miles too, but it doesn't bother me. Hope that statement doesn't bite me.. haha
peace

CADILLACESV
07-10-12, 12:47 AM
My nav screen Keeps freezing and u have to turn off escalade and turn it back on... What do I do? I have 2007 Escalade ESV

hcvone
07-10-12, 06:43 AM
My nav screen Keeps freezing and u have to turn off escalade and turn it back on... What do I do? I have 2007 Escalade ESV

Make sure the disc is clean and no scratches, if it's not that it could be dirt on the reader, or a bad reader which is not good

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-10-12, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, Just bought an 07' ESV with 95K (my first Cadillac)
Hope to put many more miles on it driving in style & comfort.

Welcome! I just picked up an 07 also. The most amazing vehicle I have ever owned!
Mine has some miles too, but it doesn't bother me. Hope that statement doesn't bite me.. haha
peace

Congratulations, Mr.ESV & Rag64top! Enjoy your sleek new rides and if you ever have questions, I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and via direct message.

CADILLACESV, I'm in line with hcvone's thinking -- checking the Nav disc for scratches, etc., would be helpful. Have you noticed the screen freezing during a specific function, or at random? Please email me if you'd like further assistance (see email address above) and I can investigate more for you!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

CADILLACESV
07-10-12, 02:59 PM
Congratulations, Mr.ESV & Rag64top! Enjoy your sleek new rides and if you ever have questions, I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and via direct message.

CADILLACESV, I'm in line with hcvone's thinking -- checking the Nav disc for scratches, etc., would be helpful. Have you noticed the screen freezing during a specific function, or at random? Please email me if you'd like further assistance (see email address above) and I can investigate more for you!

Best,

Katie

It's when I'm on the radio screen/navigation it hasn't resolved I've cleaned the disc frequently.

hcvone
07-10-12, 05:19 PM
It's when I'm on the radio screen/navigation it hasn't resolved I've cleaned the disc frequently.

I am pretty sure some stores like Best Buy offer a disc that cleans the laser reader, if it's not that then the unit will need replacing or repairing I would guess, I know it's not what you want to hear

CADILLACESV
07-10-12, 06:33 PM
I am pretty sure some stores like Best Buy offer a disc that cleans the laser reader, if it's not that then the unit will need replacing or repairing I would guess, I know it's not what you want to hear

Nope I didn't want to hear that at all...

hcvone
07-10-12, 07:10 PM
Nope I didn't want to hear that at all...

Something like this product is worth a try

http://www.amazon.com/Memtek-32020029479-DVD-Lens-Cleaning/dp/B00008EM7U

evois
07-10-12, 07:54 PM
If it is under warranty, bring it to the dealer and they will replace the head unit.

CADILLACESV
07-10-12, 09:35 PM
Something like this product is worth a try

http://www.amazon.com/Memtek-32020029479-DVD-Lens-Cleaning/dp/B00008EM7U

Ok thanks for the suggestion! I will get the cleaning kit thanks for yalls time!

hcvone
07-10-12, 11:06 PM
Let us know if it works

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-12-12, 10:22 AM
Yes, please keep us posted! And I'm just an email away if you decide to pursue a dealership appointment.

Katie