: 08 sts door panel removal?

Loadtoad101
07-06-12, 02:25 PM
08 STS, having trouble getting drivers door panel off. I have removed the one screw behind the door latch and popped all 7 retaining pins around the door. The door panel is still attached in the area where the rear of the arm rest is. It is attached solid to something. The alldata repair manual diagram shows two screws that go thru the arm rest handle area but there is no access to this area via a removable panel. Anyone removed this panel? If so what is the remaining item I need to do to get the panel off?
Reason for door panel removal is to repair the arm rest where one's elbow sits. Previous owner caved it in with his elbow somehow and I need to see If I can repair it. Thank you.

1BadCadSTS
07-06-12, 03:04 PM
Because there are two screws behind the arm pull. Pull up the leather that goes into the "cup" of the arm pull.

Loadtoad101
07-06-12, 09:04 PM
Thank you BadCad. I pried up on the leather at that location and a small flap hinged upward enough so I could get to the screws. The door fell off at that time. Found that the previous owner had broken all the plastic supports that hold up the area where one's elbow rests. Same owner that broke both sun visor mirror doors, broke the shift assembly, broke both passenger and driver side seat side plastic trim pieces. Guy was hard on his car.

Ludacrisvp
07-06-12, 09:31 PM
eBay has some full door panels in a few color choices for the 08 STS that you may want to check out.

Loadtoad101
07-07-12, 04:09 PM
Got the panel repaired and looks almost like new. Only flaw is the leather is not completely taunt at the elbow area like new but is acceptable.