Cadillac Owners Forum banner

GM Extended Protection Plan

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  WEMTX 
#1 ·
I didn't buy the extended warranty when I bought my car figuring I would get one later before the warranty expires. I recently received an offer to purchase a GM Protection plan for 5 years/100K miles with a $100 deductible. The cost is $2,315 with 0% financing for 18 months. In order to take advantage of this offer the car has to have less than 12K miles.

I bought my car in early March 2012 and it currently has 5K mile on her.

Putting the financing offer aside, the numbers don't seem to be worth it to me. The power train is obviously covered for that amount anyway. THe bumper to bumper is 4 year/50K miles. Even if I put more than 12K miles a year on the car, I am going to hit the years on the mileage. Essentially I would be paying $2,315 for maybe one year of extra bumper to bumper coverage.

Anyone else come across better offers?

#2 ·
As long as your car is still covered under the original warranty, you can extend the warranty with the GM Major Guard from Black Cadillac http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm I have yet to find a better option. The only caveat is that the extended coverage begins the day your purchase is processed, NOT the last day of your factory warranty. So if you buy it 2 months before your factory warranty is up, you will be wasting 2 months of the extended coverage. But you MUST buy it before the factory warranty expires. Once the factory warranty expires, you are no longer eligible to extend the warranty.

#4 ·
Yeah, what HurstGN said.

Wait until your 2012 CTS is 11+ months or 11, 999 miles, whichever comes first; and you can buy GMPP Major Guard 84 months (7 years) 84,000 miles $100 deductible (effective additional limited coverages of ~3 and ~4 years or 34,000 miles, whichever comes first, respectively, for mfr’s drivetrain and bumper-to-bumper warranties) for $2070 check/m.o. ($2170 credit card).

Same coverage with $200 deductible $1695 check/m.o. ($1795 credit card).

Authorized dealer Black Cadillac, discount Table A Class D6.

#6 ·
Oops !!!

Wait until your 2012 CTS is 11+ months or 11, 999 miles, whichever comes first; and you can buy GMPP Major Guard 84 months (7 years) 84,000 miles $100 deductible (effective additional limited coverages of ~3 and ~4 years or 34,000 miles, whichever comes first, respectively, for mfr’s drivetrain and bumper-to-bumper warranties) for $2070 check/m.o. ($2170 credit card)...
Correction: it's ~4 years or 46,000 miles, not 34,000 miles, of additional coverage after expiration of mfr's bumper-to-bumper warranty.

FWIW, here's another GMPP thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...20713-gmpp-major-guard-extended-warranty.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.