: Can the wreath & crest be removed from the CTS-V grille?

mckellyb
07-06-12, 09:21 AM
I know it cannot be off the 'bar' grille, but the V grille appears as if one could remove the wreath & crest.

Mind you, it's not that I don't want any wreath & crest, but I would much rather have an older hood ornament, with the 'ducks' still present.

As I age, I need help getting pedestrians in my sights...

edit: STS-V grille

typo...

dkozloski
07-06-12, 10:13 AM
You might try asking in the CTS-V "kids" forum instead of the stodgy old folks AWD/RWD STS forum.

Ludacrisvp
07-06-12, 08:30 PM
You might try asking in the CTS-V "kids" forum instead of the stodgy old folks AWD/RWD STS forum.
Hey now there are some 'kids' floating around in STS as well ... I'm only 25 and this is my 2nd caddy, had a loaded 02 DTS w/Nav for 4 years before moving up to the STS.
As far as I can tell you would need to get some type of aftermarket mesh grille ... probably E&G will be the one that will have it or can make it.
I have seen 1 STS with a hood ornament on it that is the type you are talking about but the angle of the hood makes it look wrong as it tips forward toward the ground.

mckellyb
07-07-12, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I've thought about the angle bit...I'd have to shave the base in such a manner it'd be a wedge shape.

Too much work, the more I think about it....

eatyoursandwich
07-09-12, 10:33 AM
Curious to see how this would look.

z06bigbird
07-11-12, 02:24 AM
Methinks that the same federal law that prevents you from removing the tag on your mattress or pillow also covers the emblems on the Caddy. Absolutely do not touch that emblem, or you might end up in jail. Some here will rat on you.

eatyoursandwich
07-11-12, 09:56 AM
Methinks that the same federal law that prevents you from removing the tag on your mattress or pillow also covers the emblems on the Caddy. Absolutely do not touch that emblem, or you might end up in jail. Some here will rat on you.

Is that a joke or a you schizophrenic?

EChas3
07-13-12, 09:20 PM
Sarcasm is a lost art.

FoD
07-13-12, 09:29 PM
Truly is...and where would a schizophrenic fit into that statement?!

EChas3
07-14-12, 10:34 PM
Why not dive into the deep end and adopt a multiple personality disorder.

It works for us!

Submariner409
07-15-12, 10:48 AM
For Cadillac emblems and stuff, get into the 40+ pages of

Emblems, Exterior Add-ons items in BiggDaddyCaddy store on eBay! (http://stores.ebay.com/BiggDaddyCaddy)

It's mostly real GM stuff, but not cheap. I recently changed my grille emblem and wreath for the older "ducks".........(excuse the bugs)........

mckellyb
07-15-12, 11:06 AM
For Cadillac emblems and stuff, get into the 40+ pages of

Emblems, Exterior Add-ons items in BiggDaddyCaddy store on eBay! (http://stores.ebay.com/BiggDaddyCaddy)

It's mostly real GM stuff, but not cheap. I recently changed my grille emblem and wreath for the older "ducks".........(excuse the bugs)........

This reminds me, I really would like to have wheel center caps which have a properly-colored emblems. I'll have to look for some....

I like the 'classic' Cadillac logo, well done!

Submariner409
07-15-12, 11:22 AM
Here's another guy on the west coast - center caps.........you may get lucky........and he's not cheap, either.

www.ehubcap.com

mckellyb
07-15-12, 04:54 PM
Thanks.

Ow, ow, ow....my wallet is kicking me....

Maybe later.

Ludacrisvp
07-19-12, 02:36 PM
Found the single picture of the hood ornamented STS.
See the bad angle - to the owner of this car that is on this site, sorry but the angle is not proper and it doesn't look right in my opinion.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/89678d1333981413-show-us-your-sts-p4081779-copy.jpg