: JE5 Brake Replacement

kschwed
07-05-12, 09:12 PM
I purchased a set of brakes from a retailer whom I will not mention yet... Not until I know whether or not they are going to make this right.

I have JE5's. I purchased rotors from them and they do not fit on the front. I haven't tried the back yet.

Basically, the rotors are exactly the same size, 12.6" I believe. The problem lies in the hub of the rotor. The diameter is too wide so the caliper shoe won't fit correctly. it need about another 1/2".

They want my Vin, Date code from the door, and the OEM part numbers from my ac delco rotors.

I don't know the OEM #'s from my JE5's. Does anyone have these?

EChas3
07-05-12, 10:23 PM
My brake guy had to return one set of rotors. Evidently, some aftermatket cross-reference information is imperfect.

Good luck!

sapien
11-09-12, 09:54 PM
I measured an OEM JE5 rotor:
12-11/16" outer diameter
7-3/4" inner diameter (back hub opening)
1-1/4" thickness

CADDYBLACK99
09-08-13, 06:29 PM
My brake guy had to return one set of rotors. Evidently, some aftermatket cross-reference information is imperfect.

Good luck!

That also happened to me. If to use AutoZone and you have JE5 (Performance Brakes) you need 12.72 inch rotor (323.0mm) Part #55105.
Their website suggests 55096 for cars with 17" wheels which is correct for JL9, but their site should be corrected to offer the larger rotor for the JE5 performance brake upgrade (also with the 17" wheels). Be careful!

Subsailor613
09-08-13, 06:56 PM
I Now how this sounds, but, did you compress the piston
before trying to install the caliper ?
You did not mention that in your post .
Both the JL9 and JE5 are about (close)the same thickness !
Not a 1/2" difference.
Just asking !
PEACE
Good Luck :cool2::cool::cool2:

CADDYBLACK99
09-08-13, 09:15 PM
The answer is yes the pistons were compressed fully. After taking the first set of pads off, I discovered that the pad had a .25-.50" ridge along the top of the pad that the rotor had cut into it. That is when I stopped and cross referenced the rotor diameter of the JE5 (12.72") and the JL9 (11.92") and discovered that I had the wrong rotor.

Thanks Subsailor613 for pointing out that I did not mention I had completed that step. We all learn from our mistakes and that was one mistake I had made last time I changed pads:cool: