: I just bought a 2009 STS4 Luxury Premium 3.6 black ice w black interior...

JohnDubya
07-05-12, 11:19 AM
Hi
I recently joined the forum as a new Cadillac enthusiast!
Let me tell you about the car and ask a couple of questions.
I did a national search for an STS4 with less than 20k miles and they are really hard to find! I found a 2009 with 11,200 miles from rural Iowa, that was an estate disposition after the owner passed away. I bought from a Cadillac dealer in southwesten Illinois, closest Caddy dealer to where this lady who passed lived. The reason I know it was a lady is that the driver side handle had left hand ring scratch marks in the clearcoat and that was the only paint flaw on the car! :sneaky: Dealership included the Cadillac CPO extended warrantty to 100k miles or two years beyond the original in service date. Loaded with everything but the HUD and the V8 engine. I drove 3.5 hours there and 3.5 hours back to get the car home. I got 29 mpg on the highway.

Now the questions.
Dealership was trying to pitch me on having them do a Simonize Glasscoat ceramic paint sealer on the paint. I said no, but researched it, and it looks like that stuff works, so I bought one bottle on ebay. This product is strictly to be sold through dealers exclusively, some salesman that quit must have sold his samples and i got one bottle. I out it on and it was easy application and hasnt gotten wet since I applied, curious to see how water rolls off it. google glasscoat, pretty impressive, but not worth $600 at a dealer!

The car was originally ordered with the staggered tires on 18x8 wheels. I verified with the dealer service adviser that all the wheels are the exact same width so that when I get around to buying new tires I can go with 235/50/18's all around and do a normal rotation. Rather than keeping 255/45/18 in the rears like I have now. The dealer guy did the rotational distance and said it was onlt 1/4 inch circumferance difference so it wont affect ABS or speedometer or odometer.

Now a few mechanic questions. This is technically a 3 year old car, i am thinking brake fluid, radiator, trans are all still from factory mfg date of Aug 2008. That freaks me out. Should I have all fluids changed out in spite of it having less than 12k miles now?

I'll take some pics and post

Submariner409
07-05-12, 01:24 PM
You'll get a LOT more nfo from the guys up in the new model "STS" forums.........Off we go !!!:welcome:

KRSTS
07-05-12, 03:18 PM
Are you retired Army?

EChas3
07-05-12, 10:37 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome!

I wouldn't do much more than change the oil with the correct oil for now. Read your manual cover-to-cover. Set the options to your preference and drive it. Enjoy!

Chack out the Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

We're happy to help. Let us know your experiences.

JohnDubya
07-11-12, 09:53 AM
I am not retired Army. My son just got back from Afghanistan active duty Army and getting out of service in a month.

KRSTS
07-11-12, 12:46 PM
I used to serve with a John Dubya. Thought you may have been him. Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the forum.