: Where are all the aftermarket parts??? CTS-V not cool or popular enough????

v-caliber
07-05-12, 04:05 AM
Really people??????

With the popularity of this car, I am pissed off as to the lack of aftermarket parts available. When I had my BMW, there were 10,000 websites with parts for my 335i. Now I can't even find a spoiler for the CTS-V Sedan. Found some for the CTS but not the V. Also found for the coupe. Even on Ebay there isn't any for 09+ models. Am I missing something? I've searched for hours.

I do not want to go with any D3 parts. Their prices are 5X anything thats reasonable. I tried Specter Werkes but they have nothing anymore. Yes there are few vendors out there selling engine upgrades, but I am talking strictly APPEARANCE parts/mods.

I couldnt even find any OEM spoiler on the actual caddilac.com website.

If you have one or know where to get one for a 2011 CTS-V sedan, hopefully pre-painted, pleaaaseeeeee let me know.

Maybe we need a list of all 09+ CTS-V's appearance mods available.

If anything makes me switch back to BMW, it will be the lack of aftermarket parts/mods/accessories for this car.

HELP!!!

larry arizona
07-05-12, 06:44 AM
hard to put $$$$ into developing and tooling parts for a a car with less than 12k of them on the road. Really limits your return on investment. Just the byproduct of a relatively rare car. D3 charges so much for a reason.

v-caliber
07-06-12, 12:47 AM
Bump

Still need a spoiler and can't find o e. Anyone?

Do the 2011 cts and cts-v have same rear? Would the spoiler for cts be an exact match for the V as well?

larry arizona
07-06-12, 07:00 AM
D3 is drastically dropping their prices if you want to look there again. Front spoiler was 995 and dropped to 549. Not bad

Chrispy
07-06-12, 11:26 AM
I thought you meant performance parts and thought WTF? There are TONS.

As for appearance the cars look so good you don't need to do anything ;)

porschefan1013
07-06-12, 10:32 PM

I tend to agree. The only thing it's lacking is a very premium set of wheels...but I do like the stockers just fine.

JOEYCTS-V
07-06-12, 10:51 PM
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Cadillac/en-US/CTS%20Sport%20Sedan/2012/Accessories/Exterior/Spoiler%20Kit/

E&G classics has one too.

v-caliber
07-06-12, 11:19 PM
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Cadillac/en-US/CTS%20Sport%20Sedan/2012/Accessories/Exterior/Spoiler%20Kit/

E&G classics has one too.

Thanx. I've seen those. I am looking for the flush sitting spoiler. This one I don't like. It has a gap with the light.

I think any 09+ regular CTS spoiler should also fit a cts-v. I e-mailed some people for clarification and still waiting for return e-mail.

Vwagon2012
07-07-12, 04:01 PM
You mean like this?

Vwagon2012
07-07-12, 04:02 PM
Try ctvsowners.com lots of mods there.

V locity
07-08-12, 09:58 PM
Try here...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=cts+v+spoiler&_sacat=0

v-caliber
07-09-12, 12:05 AM
Try ctvsowners.com lots of mods there.

Thats a hood, not a spoiler :rolleyes: lol

v-caliber
07-09-12, 12:13 AM

I know they look good. Thats why i bought one :D

But everyone wants to make it look their own and unique. I am just frustrated because i've been looking for something so simple as a rear spoiler for a week now and cant find one.

Keep coming up on same old cts factory oem one thats not even flush and looks like a honda civic spoiler, or one from D3 thats like a wing for the third light. D3 used to sell a nice flush full back spoiler similar to the specter werkes one but now nothing on their website. And specter werkes is gone out of business so they dont carry.

AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGG.....where can i get a flush full rear spoiler for a 2011 cts-v???

This should be simple right??? I mean its just a damn spoiler, its not like i need a gold plated steering wheel, and that may be easier to get too :banghead:

rjoffe
07-09-12, 08:57 AM
Find a fabricator, design the part you want, make enough extras, sell them, and profit !

If you try and head down this path, you will find out why there are so few aftermarket parts specifically for the V.

As others have said, simple economics.

Vwagon2012
07-09-12, 08:07 PM
Rear spoiler for the V would be difficult due to the fact of the third brake light is a spoiler. I saw one for top of rear window for the sedan

Stillborn
07-09-12, 08:47 PM
lower it, tint the lenses, (rear, all 3) and plasti-dip the chrome. bam! aggressive personalized V.

booyah! phuq BEEMER!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000535.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000534.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000603.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000556.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000541.jpg

M5eater
07-09-12, 09:19 PM
Really people??????

With the popularity of this car, I am pissed off as to the lack of aftermarket parts available. When I had my BMW, there were 10,000 websites with parts for my 335i. Now I can't even find a spoiler for the CTS-V Sedan. Found some for the CTS but not the V. Also found for the coupe. Even on Ebay there isn't any for 09+ models. Am I missing something? I've searched for hours.

I do not want to go with any D3 parts. Their prices are 5X anything thats reasonable. I tried Specter Werkes but they have nothing anymore. Yes there are few vendors out there selling engine upgrades, but I am talking strictly APPEARANCE parts/mods.

I couldnt even find any OEM spoiler on the actual caddilac.com website.

If you have one or know where to get one for a 2011 CTS-V sedan, hopefully pre-painted, pleaaaseeeeee let me know.

Maybe we need a list of all 09+ CTS-V's appearance mods available.

If anything makes me switch back to BMW, it will be the lack of aftermarket parts/mods/accessories for this car.

HELP!!!
The V isn't the car for you if you're looking for a traditional euro scene where looks are as important as going fast. Not that I mind because I've always been into the 'mostly stock' look anyway.

The CTS-V is all about going fast. Take a look at the flexibility of dropping in any LSX engine inside the V , or the fact that your opportunities are essentially limitless for the power train, then compare it to the 335i. You'll find a clear winner. The reason why you don't find a lot of vendors for the V are essentially because of this. Because it's not like a traditional vendor in the sense that you're selling the entire package. There are already hundreds, even thousands of vendors that support the LSx in cars from the past decade, so then you're left with just the looks, braking or suspension parts on an already great vehicle.

Besides all of this. I've swirmed around the E39/E60 market. They pay 2-3 times as much and don't have a lot more than us.

v-caliber
07-10-12, 01:04 AM
I like the car for its looks. Its already faster than 99% of cars on road so why make it faster?? I don't have anything to prove to that other 1% of people with cars just as fast or faster. In my town no one races. I haven't been able to get even 1 street race in last 6 months. I drive on highway everyday and on other big long straight roads here in las vegas. No bites. I don't have time for the track and could care less about spending thousands of dollars to gain a half second in a quarter mile.

I really can't believe so many people care about a stupid quarter mile time. Really whats the point? There's always someone else gonna have a faster time. By the time u finish spending your money and fully mod your car and get that 700 rwhp then you already bored of the car. Without new mods or projects that you can do you start thinking of your next car, but now you stuck with your old car without warranty and many mods u can't get rid of. Pointless.

Darnell
07-10-12, 07:45 AM
It looks better than 99% of the cars on the road too so why change the appearance?

Also, in my opinion performance mods have way more staying power in terms of being cool/impressive than appearance mods.

larry arizona
07-10-12, 01:33 PM
bored with 700RWHP? Never. 5 years ago when did anyone ever think it possible to get a car with 556 HP and then have the ability to take it to 700 RWHP with relative ease AND still be able to street drive it daily? Actually insane to believe it still.

Pointless for half a second (that is MANY ar lengths over stock) in the 1/4 mile for $1000? I disagree. Regardless of what comes after the V2. This car will be relevant for years to come. I have a feeling V's will be desired 10 years from now especially with only with less than 12K ever made.

Darnell
07-10-12, 04:31 PM
It looks better than 99% of the cars on the road too so why change the appearance?

Also, in my opinion performance mods have way more staying power in terms of being cool/impressive than appearance mods.

6DN69
07-10-12, 05:15 PM
Bump

Still need a spoiler and can't find o e. Anyone?

Do the 2011 cts and cts-v have same rear? Would the spoiler for cts be an exact match for the V as well?

Are you looking for something like this carbon fiber one?

6DN69
07-10-12, 05:21 PM
The CF spoiler was for my CTS-V Sedan but the manufacturer had delayed it so long that I had already traded my sedan for a coupe. As you can see, it does not fit the coupe.

v-caliber
07-11-12, 02:41 AM

Well I think many will argue that it looks better than 99% of all other cars. It is good looking but I can think of many better looking cars out there. Changing appearance gives it more visual edge over the competition and attracts attention.

I don't think many people that see your car on the road are saying..."hey look at all the nice mods under the hood". How would they know. But they will say, "hey those are nice wheels and that spoiler rocks and those are cool calipers and oh I like the fog lights, and etc".

Without external customization u might as well be an 80 y/o man driving a caddy that looks like every other regular caddy.

snzuloz
07-11-12, 10:56 AM
Well I think many will argue that it looks better than 99% of all other cars. It is good looking but I can think of many better looking cars out there. Changing appearance gives it more visual edge over the competition and attracts attention.

I don't think many people that see your car on the road are saying..."hey look at all the nice mods under the hood". How would they know. But they will say, "hey those are nice wheels and that spoiler rocks and those are cool calipers and oh I like the fog lights, and etc".

Without external customization u might as well be an 80 y/o man driving a caddy that looks like every other regular caddy.

Your best to buy a regular Cts, then put all the V hardware on it, now you get the whopping 315hp, as you don't need any more than that... Plus spoilers etc are plentiful for the base model car. Enjoy!

v-caliber
07-11-12, 04:02 PM
Your best to buy a regular Cts, then put all the V hardware on it, now you get the whopping 315hp, as you don't need any more than that... Plus spoilers etc are plentiful for the base model car. Enjoy!

Sorry but I am not a poser. Not like, for example, the guys who get a bmw 328i and put an M3 badge on it

Ludacrisvp
07-11-12, 04:41 PM
The CF spoiler was for my CTS-V Sedan but the manufacturer had delayed it so long that I had already traded my sedan for a coupe. As you can see, it does not fit the coupe.

Shame it doesn't fit. But that is some nice paint :)

v-caliber
07-11-12, 11:21 PM
That's the kind of spoiler I want for my sedan. Just can't find it. Websites that offer spoilers for the cts like www.carid.com only have one pic of each spoiler, from the side, so you can't even see what it looka like from behind :(

V locity
07-11-12, 11:58 PM
Maybe like this?
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/kabualfa/DSC_0235.jpg

v-caliber
07-12-12, 05:09 AM
Don't like how the sides of that spoiler fold over the trunk

Wannago
07-17-12, 11:50 PM
Another option (actually, I grew up in Saskatchewan, so I'm qualified to post this!):

Tampa2Dubai
07-18-12, 02:29 AM
The rear spoiler on the chevy lumina crv is quite badass...

Ludacrisvp
07-18-12, 12:05 PM
I think what you meant to say there was "Holden Commodore" .... That's not a "Lumina" by any past definition of the term as far as I'm concerned.

Tampa2Dubai
07-19-12, 12:12 AM
I think what you meant to say there was "Holden Commodore" .... That's not a "Lumina" by any past definition of the term as far as I'm concerned.

Yep in Australia, but in the Middle East & Africa its sold in left hand drive as the Chevrolet Lumina

http://automiddleeast.com/2010/06/06/new-cars/chevrolet/2010-chevrolet-csv-cr8/

M5eater
07-20-12, 01:05 PM
Yep in Australia, but in the Middle East & Africa its sold in left hand drive as the Chevrolet Lumina

http://automiddleeast.com/2010/06/06/new-cars/chevrolet/2010-chevrolet-csv-cr8/

I believe he means to say, that vehicle is not deserving of the name Lumina in any way.

*this* is a Lumina
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Lumina.jpg/800px-Lumina.jpg

RippyPartsDept
07-20-12, 01:43 PM
OR... the name Lumina does not deserve to be on that car

(it is way to cool to be a Lumina)

Ludacrisvp
07-20-12, 03:20 PM
OR... the name Lumina does not deserve to be on that car

(it is way to cool to be a Lumina)

Yup that's what I was getting at.

Tampa2Dubai
07-22-12, 12:53 AM
Yup that's what I was getting at.

Oh ok lol, apologies, my bad :)

lilred
07-25-12, 11:55 AM
Hey not to threadjack but where are people getting the idea that the production numbers of V's is down in the 12k region? I thought they sold like 5k of these a year for 4 years and counting.

crabapple
07-29-12, 10:36 PM

Would your CF spoiler happen to be for sale? If so, I'm interested.

poobah318
08-03-12, 06:52 PM
Specter Werkes or LG Motorsports, shrug...Hope this helps. -M

silvergs
02-26-13, 02:42 AM
there are a bunch of aftermarket parts for the 335 cuz it needs more power...CTS-V..well most people mod their cars to get to our speed/hp...we are there already! sorry...just got this car a week ago..and i just love it.

HUGN*RDS
02-26-13, 04:14 PM
I always enjoy when people come up with their own appearance mods and stuff like that. Post #31 is a bad example of what I mean but there are some bells and whistles that could use polishing on our cars. Most of the appearance mods I have come across have sufficient vendor coverage but they are limited for sure.

Titaniumseeker
03-14-13, 02:36 PM
Are you looking for something like this carbon fiber one?

This lip was from Spectre Werks who are no longer manufacturing pieces. That piece fit perfectly on my car as displayed in these pics.

DCV
03-14-13, 07:34 PM
Worked up over a lack of wing? I've got so many other things to be teed off about, and I'm guessing most other V owners agree with me. A big wing or spoiler for the most part just adds drag, which is almost as useless as giant ghetto sized wheels adding rotational mass.