: How many cadillac owners have issues with the visor vanity mirror cover?

Johnxlrv
07-04-12, 10:21 AM
Seems to be such a common problem (yep, one of the two hinges on my XLRv has snapped on both visors), I wonder why Cadillac has not come up with a fix/replacement...

dkozloski
07-04-12, 05:56 PM
The fabric on the drivers side cover came loose but it was only a two minute gluing job to fix it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-05-12, 08:56 PM
Johnxlrv, are you thinking about heading to your dealership for documentation and repairs? I realize you may prefer to the Do-It-Yourself approach, which is why I ask.

I'm sorry to hear about the mirror frustration, so if you'd like me to document your feedback further or want me to investigate further please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Johnxlrv
07-06-12, 10:30 AM
Johnxlrv, are you thinking about heading to your dealership for documentation and repairs? I realize you may prefer to the Do-It-Yourself approach, which is why I ask.

I'm sorry to hear about the mirror frustration, so if you'd like me to document your feedback further or want me to investigate further please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Unless it is something that GM realizes is an issue and there is a willingness to repair out of warranty, I'll probably repair. For both visors, the replacement cost is over $500...I'll try the email approach as well...thanks for your attention.