: CD stuck in the 6 CD/DVD changer

funky_w4
07-04-12, 03:41 AM
Hello. I have one problem in '07 Escalade. My CD is stuck in the 6 disc changer and he just cycles in there. I am not able to play, eject or put another one in there. This is third time that this happened to me. Somehow first 2 times problem was solved itself. But now CD is in there for two months and it's just cycles like he want to get out but he stay in there. Any solutions?

Thank You

surburban99
07-04-12, 09:32 AM
There should be many threads about this. Same thing happened to my 2008 ESV. The dealership tried the reprogramming route, did not work. They eventually replaced the entire unit under warranty.

funky_w4
07-04-12, 10:11 AM
I've found this:

TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 08-08-44-021B

Date: September 17, 2008

Subject:
Navigation Radio Will Not Accept, Eject Or Play CDs Or DVDs (Cycle Power to Radio and Update Radio Software)

Models:
2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade Models

with Super Navigation Radio (RPO U3R)

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2009 model year. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-44-021A (Section 08 - Body & Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the Navigation Radio will not accept, eject or play CDs or DVDs. The CD mechanism may appear to be locked and will not respond to button commands. Other radio functions including AM, FM, XM and the Navigation system will continue to operate.

Cause

This condition may be caused by a software anomaly that may cause the CD mechanism to stop working if the vehicle battery had a low state of charge and the customer attempted to start the vehicle. The customer may also have mentioned that this condition started after they experienced a dead battery.

Correction

If you experience this condition, do not replace the radio assembly. To repair this condition, use the following procedure:
1. Remove the RDO 15 amp fuse from the Underhood Fuse Box for 10 minutes and reinstall.

2. Update the radio with the latest software available on TIS2WEB.

Important: If the condition returns after the latest calibration has been programmed into the radio or the vehicle was produced after March 1, 2008, the radio will have to be replaced.

But I dont know how to update software on the radio. I went to: http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter VIN and then page display me list of fixes and in there is that stuck cd/dvd fix. But how to install it?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-06-12, 08:21 PM
Funky_w4, is your CD still stuck in the changer? My research shows that CD-R quality (the way it has been handled and recorded, etc.) might cause ejecting issues, and I apologize for your frustration if that is the case.

Page 282 of your owners manual gives further insight into the potential reasons why you may be experiencing this, and I'm happy to dig deeper for more information if you wish. Feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com! If you would like more details regarding the above bulletin you mentioned, I'd definitely recommend consulting with your dealership, although I can appreciate if you prefer the DIY method.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

funky_w4
07-17-12, 05:03 AM
Katie, I've send you an e-mail regarding this post. I hope You help me to solve this.

Thank You

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-17-12, 08:19 PM
Katie, I've send you an e-mail regarding this post. I hope You help me to solve this.

Thank You
Thanks for the email! I received it and am in the process of researching next steps for you to explore. I've consulted my resources to see if I could find any more helpful tips for you, but our GM Social Media department is only equipped to be able to assist United Stated customers. I'm really sorry if this inconveniences you! So, I'm trying to find the nearest Customer Assistance team to your location and it's taking a bit longer than expected. I hope to contact you Thursday with my findings!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

lousy_investor
02-06-13, 02:13 PM
Sorry to resurrect an order thread...

I just had the same thing happened to me.. needed a jump and once the truck was started, the DVD option on the touch screen was no longer available. It just stays blue all around without the white outline. CD/DVD won't eject either.

I have tried the fuse route but I don't know how to carry out the 2nd step either. Any pointers? Is the only option back to the dealership?

Also spoke to GMPP service and was told to take it to the dealership for a proper diagnosis and if it indeed was caused by the jump, they would cover it. Hopefully they will follow through.

Cheers!

FlipEXT
02-06-13, 09:12 PM
I have that issue now with my nav disk. I spoke with the dealer and he quoted me $3900 for a swap out... Not going to happen. I then went over to the audio shop and he told me that he could get it out but would have to take the deck apart. I haven't done either as of yet.....

lousy_investor
02-06-13, 10:27 PM
I have that issue now with my nav disk. I spoke with the dealer and he quoted me $3900 for a swap out... Not going to happen. I then went over to the audio shop and he told me that he could get it out but would have to take the deck apart. I haven't done either as of yet.....

Yikes! That's a lot of money. :) Would look for an alternate system if it was the case for me. My 5 year old is bugging me everyday about it :)

FlipEXT
02-08-13, 09:43 AM
(407) 977-5100 call this number for navigation radio options. You could probably replace your unit for 1k and order it pre set for your truck. The escalade has a very unique look with the 8 inch nav which is important when you go to resale or trade it in. Me personally I would stay away from aftermarket radios. They may have more functionality but don't look as good and make your vvehicle more

----------

Sorry.... Vehicle more at risk for theft.