: Couple gets airborne by accident. video link

Faded Crest
07-03-12, 07:01 PM
Came across this video... Struck me as funny. A major buckle in the road in WI caused by extreme heat acts as a ramp and caused an SUV to take a jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8FaXdsg558

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/suv-airborne-video-140712287.html

Submariner409
07-03-12, 07:10 PM
Probably texting and didn't see the hundreds of yards of warning signs. Idiot. Candidate for the 2012 Darwin Awards.

Faded Crest
07-03-12, 07:11 PM
^^^ I thought the same thing. How did they miss the two huge orange signs on either side of it that are even obvious in the grainy video.

orconn
07-03-12, 07:13 PM
Yeah, those crazy Cheeseheads, they see a chance to jump an SUV and the just can't resist! State troopers probably shouldn't have marked it and made it so easily recognizable!

Dadillac
07-03-12, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A
This is what I thought of when I saw that video

Don

Ranger
07-03-12, 08:36 PM
I can't get the video to load, but I saw it on the 6:00 new. That sucker was airborne for quite some time. I'll bet it was one hell of a landing. I'd love to see how the car held up. Not well I suspect.

brandondeleo
07-03-12, 08:51 PM
Holy crap. That was epic.

CadillacLuke24
07-03-12, 10:09 PM
The Smiths thought they had a new way to fly, but gravity intervened yet again.

I'd like to see the SUV. I bet it looks like the stock Silverado some chump jumped at some sand dudes. He was apparently getting divorced, but that's no reason to waste a perfectly good truck. Youtube it, it's a riot.

BIGREECE
07-03-12, 10:22 PM
BIG HUGE ORANGE SIGNS mean nothing to some people, what a bunch of pudds. Maybe this will make it into the Driver Ed program at the local High Schools:D
Came across this video... Struck me as funny. A major buckle in the road in WI caused by extreme heat acts as a ramp and caused an SUV to take a jump.

CadillacLuke24
07-03-12, 11:59 PM
People like this are slowly destroying car culture as we know it. It is believed in this country that everybody should get the right to drive, including the asshats who focus more on their phone than the road. One of these days we will have rolling computers that we can't control. I hope I'm wrong, but when you have idiots like this, well, there's a bad moon on the rise.

truckinman
07-04-12, 12:19 AM
People like this are slowly destroying car culture as we know it. It is believed in this country that everybody should get the right to drive, including the asshats who focus more on their phone than the road. One of these days we will have rolling computers that we can't control. I hope I'm wrong, but when you have idiots like this, well, there's a bad moon on the rise.

We are gonna have those computers with or without people like this. It has to do with laziness just as much as stupidity.

And IMO that rd shoulda been closed. As much time as I spend on the roads, I can tell you 95% of the drivers ignore construction signs. Let alone those. And with a break over angle like that buckle had, I'd doubt most lower cars could go over it slowly without high centering. I don't think I'd even try driving my semi over it bc any number of things could go wrong to damage it or my load. As I said, the county should have closed it to begin with

MrHolland
07-04-12, 01:31 AM
Thats hilarious!!! I could see my wife doing that and when asked she would probably reply "I just hit a bump, Im not sure why the car went airborne." Nonethelss, I wouldnt trade her for two others, just have to keep her outta my Fleetwood. LOL

Aron9000
07-04-12, 02:10 AM
In my best Waylon Jennings voice "Now hold onto your hats here boys and girls . . . ."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKwmwDQNjA

Johnxlrv
07-04-12, 08:50 AM
Thats hilarious!!! I could see my wife doing that and when asked she would probably reply "I just hit a bump, Im not sure why the car went airborne." Nonethelss, I wouldnt trade her for two others, just have to keep her outta my Fleetwood. LOL

Lol...yet again, I have to ask my wife why her accord steering wheel no linger lines up...time for another alignment...yet she refuses to drive "our" XLR (guess I should be happy for that!"

MrHolland
07-04-12, 09:29 AM
^^^Yes sir, don't push her, she might drive it. LOL^^^

concorso
07-04-12, 10:50 AM
Its possible it was set up. A kid just happened to be on a bridge filming while 1 loan SUV skips all signs and LEOs and hits a jump? Its entirely possible it was an unobservant twat, but I still suspect a setup.

CadillacLuke24
07-05-12, 01:01 AM
OOOOOO, another addition to the list of what to do with rental automobiles.

:leaving:

Sup Enterprise? :D

sfv41901
07-06-12, 01:59 AM
Haha......they got what they deserved.......a wreck

Playdrv4me
07-08-12, 04:05 AM
SVT Raptor. That is all.

quikss
07-08-12, 09:58 PM
For the record, miles upon miles before and after that section of Hwy 29 are under construction, 2 orange road signs just blend right in with the rest of them. I went through that exact spot on tuesday and then the east bound lanes on wed on my return trip, this happened thursday. While i agree that had someone been paying attention to the road ahead of them better this wouldnt have happened, but orange road signs are everywhere along that stretch and 2 more wouldnt neccesarily make a person slow down enough to avoid this happening. Their is no stretch of road I hate more in Wisconsin, it is 200 miles of almost perfectly straight and flat and boring highway. It is very simple to get lulled into not paying attention to something like a road buckle on that highway. I call it the killing zone, more dead deer, turkeys and bear on that highway than any other in Wisconsin from what I have found. Its just far too easy to zone out.

Jeff

Kingoftypos
07-09-12, 03:53 AM
For the record, miles upon miles before and after that section of Hwy 29 are under construction, 2 orange road signs just blend right in with the rest of them. I went through that exact spot on tuesday and then the east bound lanes on wed on my return trip, this happened thursday. While i agree that had someone been paying attention to the road ahead of them better this wouldnt have happened, but orange road signs are everywhere along that stretch and 2 more wouldnt neccesarily make a person slow down enough to avoid this happening. Their is no stretch of road I hate more in Wisconsin, it is 200 miles of almost perfectly straight and flat and boring highway. It is very simple to get lulled into not paying attention to something like a road buckle on that highway. I call it the killing zone, more dead deer, turkeys and bear on that highway than any other in Wisconsin from what I have found. Its just far too easy to zone out.

Jeff

And I am willing to bet a kontrillion, ballizion dollars that those deer, turkeys and bear were scattered along the road way before cell phones.

In other words people, STOP BLAMING CELL PHONES FOR ACCIDENTS. It's quite annoying that a video such as this is posted and 90% of the comments, "probably paying attention to their cell phone."

KOT

Kingoftypos
07-09-12, 03:58 AM
Here's another new broadcast of the jump. At least this one talked with the gal who tapped it...

http://youtu.be/B8WfdoNqk5Y

KOT

MrHolland
07-09-12, 04:03 AM
Car had some hang time!!!!