: Alfa Romeo and Mazda Co-Developing a Chassis!

orconn
07-02-12, 02:53 PM
Anyone else catch the announcement that Alfa Romeo and Mazda are in the process of developing a new chassis, Alfa for a light sports car and Mazda for use in their next iteration of the Miata! Great news for fans of both companies.

A new light sport car from Alfa would be a really exciting development and one that is long over due for lovers of Alfa Romeo Spiders, both Duettos and Giulias.

A new replacement for the Miata would not be unwelcomed. The Miata's formula has certainly been a winner in the eyes of enthusiasts and an updated chassis design would enhance an already great product.

Considering the great success that has come out of other joint venture chassis development by Alfa and other European manufacturers, I believe this bodes well for those of us that like light, nimble sports cars.

Possible 2015 Alfa Romeo Spider .... Va! Va! Voom!

orconn
07-02-12, 03:25 PM
^^^ Kind a makes you want to save up your allowance!

Jesda
07-02-12, 03:47 PM
I cannot wait for the American return of the Italian roadster!

orconn
07-02-12, 04:25 PM
I can't either, I am hoping I can con my son into buying one! He is so busy that the car would be sitting around unused most of the time! Of course, I 'd offer to keep it exercised for him!

BIGREECE
07-02-12, 05:13 PM
Graet looking car, It sucks being 6'9" I can barely fit in my Supra (Japanese Corvette) only because it's an AT. I agree with Jesda that the Italian roadster needs a comeback.

thebigjimsho
07-02-12, 05:21 PM
The Miata is good for taller drivers. If they build this, I will buy...

BIGREECE
07-02-12, 05:29 PM
I've TRIED getting in a Miata a few years back, Think of Dino on the Flintstones:crowded:
The Miata is good for taller drivers. If they build this, I will buy...

orconn
07-02-12, 05:30 PM
^^^ How come you didn't go to the NBA, BIGREECE?

BIGREECE
07-02-12, 06:00 PM
White man syndrome, Can't jump. Seriously I had alot of scholarship offers to play even at NC State with Coach Valvano, Even played Junior Olympics with
Brad Johnson(Super Bowl w/TB) and Carl Pickens(WR for the Bengals)" Brads hometown is Black Mountain where I live and Carl in Murphy the Western most part of the state, all Mountain boys. After HS I was done, Bad knees etc.. I have a twin brother who played football for Western Carolina University(Full scholaship) from 89 to 93, I went to visit after a game in the locker room, I was the biggest guy in there and you should have seen the looks I got, Coach wanted to talk but I stopped him b4 he started his pitch. So, Being big has advantages and disadvantages. Peace from the Reece;)

^^^ How come you didn't go to the NBA, BIGREECE?

brandondeleo
07-02-12, 09:19 PM
I'm 6'3", and I found the Miata a much easier fit than a C4 'Vette.

BIGREECE
07-02-12, 10:04 PM
Maybe Mazda can produce a GIGANTA for me, I've had to adapt all my life to the "standard size" of everything around me. I'm fine with that, that's why I bought a Fleetwood:D
I'm 6'3", and I found the Miata a much easier fit than a C4 'Vette.

talismandave
07-02-12, 11:47 PM
Maybe Mazda can produce a GIGANTA for me, I've had to adapt all my life to the "standard size" of everything around me. I'm fine with that, that's why I bought a Fleetwood:D
Just leave the top down. Problem solved.:nuffsaid:

orconn
07-03-12, 12:24 AM
I remember an episode of "Magnum PI" where Tom Selleck was driving a Jaguar E-type roadster. I don't know how they got the lower have of him in the car because the top of the car's windshield was about level with the bottom of Selleck's chin!

Looked kind of like this!

CadillacLuke24
07-03-12, 03:06 AM
White man syndrome, Can't jump. Seriously I had alot of scholarship offers to play even at NC State with Coach Valvano, Even played Junior Olympics with
Brad Johnson(Super Bowl w/TB) and Carl Pickens(WR for the Bengals)" Brads hometown is Black Mountain where I live and Carl in Murphy the Western most part of the state, all Mountain boys. After HS I was done, Bad knees etc.. I have a twin brother who played football for Western Carolina University(Full scholaship) from 89 to 93, I went to visit after a game in the locker room, I was the biggest guy in there and you should have seen the looks I got, Coach wanted to talk but I stopped him b4 he started his pitch. So, Being big has advantages and disadvantages. Peace from the Reece;)

Well, we now know where the handle came from. :lol:

I can't either, I am hoping I can con my son into buying one! He is so busy that the car would be sitting around unused most of the time! Of course, I 'd offer to keep it exercised for him!

I recall, rather vaguely, you doing some sort of massive favor for him, and getting nothing in return. I do believe it had something to do with storage, Star Wars, and selling figures. Don't quote me on that, but you might have a slight bargaining chip there. :yup:

brandondeleo
07-03-12, 01:45 PM
I remember an episode of "Magnum PI" where Tom Selleck was driving a Jaguar E-type roadster. I don't know how they got the lower have of him in the car because the top of the car's windshield was about level with the bottom of Selleck's chin!

Looked kind of like this!

It was like Jeremy Clarkson driving an old Merc SL. :lol: