: About to be an Escalade owner. A couple of quick questions.

Rag64top
07-02-12, 01:40 PM
Greetings,

I am not a new user here, but about to buy an 07 Escalade. The truck has 93K miles, which really doesn't bother
me, as I have driven high mileage vehicles most of my life. According to the seller, the truck is top of the line with every
option available at the time of purchase.
Is there a way to dump the service records and recalls done on the truck online somewhere, or do I need to go to the dealer for that?
Also, is there anything that I should be aware of as far as known problems, and recalls on the truck?

The truck is black and black, and in extremely nice condition for the mileage shown. One owner truck with brand new
22' factory rims. This is my first Escalade, although I have owned a few Caddy's, and currently have an 03 DTS and
a 02 Yukon Denali.

I have been looking for 4 months for something in my price range, and found this one for less that wholesale price in "rough"
condition (including mileage), so that seems to be a fair price since the truck is nearly mint. The only problems I could find was one chip in the paint,
and 3 very small scratches. The scratches are deep enough to show white underneath. Is there a good way to touch these up, without
repainting the area?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Larry

felixgun
07-02-12, 06:40 PM
Check the exterior chrome door handles and window sill trim for peeling, a cracked dash, and the infamous piston slap.

hannity
07-04-12, 01:53 AM
Check the rear end, undercarrige,and power steering pump for rust.

RippyPartsDept
07-04-12, 03:32 AM
Email or pm me your vin. If you pm it send your email as well. I'll send you all the available info.

RippyPartsDept
07-04-12, 03:33 AM
On top of the other suggestions make sure everything works and looks good. Really thoroughly check it all.

Rag64top
07-04-12, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys, I looked it over real good, and there is next to zero rust anywhere underneath.
The truck was stored in a heated garage since new, and was really treated well by the very picky owner.

Rippy, I'll PM the VIN, as soon as I have it. Thanks for offering that! :-)

Here's a pic of the truck. Love the look and the brand new wheels too!

Ran it down the highway at 90 MPH, and took my hands off the wheel, it tracks absolutely straight,
and smooth as a baby's butt. :-)

Quite a few buttons to get used to! haha

Rag64top
07-07-12, 08:00 PM
Thanks to all that replied, and especially to Chris who helped me out with the records.
Overall, I like the truck, but it does ride a little more like a truck than I expected.
You guys would have laughed at me. The owner left the truck at his work and took off the plates.
Seeing the town hall was closed, I couldn't get plates, and didn't like the idea of it sitting in a parking
lot overnight. So, my son and I took out my car hauler, and loaded up the Escalade, and dragged it
home with my Yukon! Man, did we get some weird looks! LOL That thing barely squeezed on the car trailer,
and probably outweighed my yukon by quite a bit, yikes!

zogg
07-07-12, 10:02 PM
I had an 05 with 17" wheels, and my 07 with the 22's seems to ride a little harsh....a tire guy told me that the lower profile cause a little harshness due to the short sidewalls - not tall enough to absorb the road shocks....that's ok 'cause they look great.

Congrats on the new truck...

evois
07-07-12, 10:12 PM
Thanks to all that replied, and especially to Chris who helped me out with the records.
Overall, I like the truck, but it does ride a little more like a truck than I expected.
You guys would have laughed at me. The owner left the truck at his work and took off the plates.
Seeing the town hall was closed, I couldn't get plates, and didn't like the idea of it sitting in a parking
lot overnight. So, my son and I took out my car hauler, and loaded up the Escalade, and dragged it
home with my Yukon! Man, did we get some weird looks! LOL That thing barely squeezed on the car trailer,
and probably outweighed my yukon by quite a bit, yikes!

Any pics of the escalade and the tow vehicle Yukon?

Rag64top
07-10-12, 01:22 AM
I wanted to take some pics, but it was too dark by the time I got home. Let me just say that Yukon was dragging azz,
but it did the job quite well. I was prepared to get down to 15 mph climbing a long hill into town, but it climbed
the hill with no problem at all at 55!
Zogg, I think you are right, and it stands to reason as you say. It's a little rough on harsh bumps, but smooth as glass on the highway.
The more I drive it, the more I like it.
Other comments....

It seems to shift out of 1st very fast, almost too fast. I have to get on it to keep it from shifting out too quickly.
maybe it's just my truck, or are others experiencing that? Shifts out so fast, it's almost like starting out in 2nd, well, not quite, but almost.
I wish they had put a telescopic wheel in, when comfortable in the seat, I'm reaching for the wheel.
Also, the wheel is pretty small, takes a little getting used to, as it reacts quickly.
The rear passenger area seems very small, but then again, I'm used to the huge rear seats in my DTS
I basically bought this to replace both my DTS and the Yukon, trying to downsize some, but after
driving it, I might just keep the DTS for the comfort factor.
All the electronics have me wondering how long before things start going bad, so many gadgets are sure to
fail eventually, I guess it's just a matter of time. It does seem like a got a good one though, service records
showed a couple of replacement door handles, the electric seat release was replaced, along with some trim panels
that didn't fit right. Nothing major shown is a good sign to me.
Thanks for the replies!
peace

latrae75
07-26-12, 03:59 PM
I wanted to take some pics, but it was too dark by the time I got home. Let me just say that Yukon was dragging azz,
but it did the job quite well. I was prepared to get down to 15 mph climbing a long hill into town, but it climbed
the hill with no problem at all at 55!
Zogg, I think you are right, and it stands to reason as you say. It's a little rough on harsh bumps, but smooth as glass on the highway.
The more I drive it, the more I like it.
Other comments....

It seems to shift out of 1st very fast, almost too fast. I have to get on it to keep it from shifting out too quickly.
maybe it's just my truck, or are others experiencing that? Shifts out so fast, it's almost like starting out in 2nd, well, not quite, but almost.
I wish they had put a telescopic wheel in, when comfortable in the seat, I'm reaching for the wheel.
Also, the wheel is pretty small, takes a little getting used to, as it reacts quickly.
The rear passenger area seems very small, but then again, I'm used to the huge rear seats in my DTS
I basically bought this to replace both my DTS and the Yukon, trying to downsize some, but after
driving it, I might just keep the DTS for the comfort factor.
All the electronics have me wondering how long before things start going bad, so many gadgets are sure to
fail eventually, I guess it's just a matter of time. It does seem like a got a good one though, service records
showed a couple of replacement door handles, the electric seat release was replaced, along with some trim panels
that didn't fit right. Nothing major shown is a good sign to me.
Thanks for the replies!
peace

I have an 08 Escalade with the 22" wheels. Everything you are experiencing is normal as far as I can tell. From the quick 1st to 2nd upshifts, exterior door handle replacement, to a noticeable harsher ride than the older 02-06 Escalades (I use to own an 04 Escalade as well). I have and still do experience the same things you are experiencing, so your not alone. After owning it for almost two years now, I have gotten use to it. Oh, and the dealer had to drop in a new transmission in it a couple of months ago (60,000 miles), so keep an open ear for any strange transmission noises or activity.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-27-12, 12:40 PM
I'm very pleased to read about your new purchase, Rag64top, and I'm looking forward to the pics whenever you get a chance. :) Thank you for the feedback; your initial Escalade impressions are very helpful, and I've documented them where the appropriate GM departments can access them.

If you ever have questions on your Cadillac that you'd like me to investigate, my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. Welcome to the forum!

Wishing you many happy miles,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service