: Auto rain sense wipers won't work

Yamaharx-1
07-02-12, 01:45 AM
Hello,anyone have issues or fixed there auto rain sensing wipers? Mine don't want to work but will sometimes work when bugs hit the windshield! Is it just a easy replace the sensor on the windshield issue? Oh, I have a 07 ext, thanks

MrHolland
07-02-12, 03:47 AM
Yeah mine dont work either for some reason, never have now that I think about it

hcvone
07-02-12, 07:19 AM
Yea really miss that option, glad it has not rained much this year, the sensor is around the rear view mirror if I remember correctly

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-02-12, 06:54 PM
Yamaharx-1, I'm happy to investigate further! If you email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN, I can check my resources on your behalf and to double check the sensor details.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

murphy
07-02-12, 07:32 PM
the sensor is behind the mirror mount and part of the windshield. Cannot be replaced by itself. Check to see if the wire is connected to it properly. It's a disc slightly smaller than a hockey puck. Spray with a hose and it wipers come on. Finally check fuse.

PeteKT
07-03-12, 12:50 PM
have you had your windshield replaced? might not of bneen put on correcltly, or they might of used an aftermarket winsdshield