Cadillac Owners Forum banner

removal of driver side seat switch

15K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Quranloc3 
#1 ·
I did a search but did not find what I was looking for.
I can't figure how the switch comes out for replacing.
all functions work fine except it won't go all the way down.
My dealer wants 700 dollars to change it out and I am not willing to do that.
I would be most grateful for any help. Thank you.

#3 ·
If you have a 2006 Cadillac DTS, and you have never disassembled one of these seats, I suggest the following process.
1. Remove the affected seat with the Adjuster. Disable Air Bags first!
A. pull off the track covers in front (slide forward) and rear (pull up)
B. remove bolts from rear of tracks (there are only two T50 Torx bolts for the whole seat, the front end just hooks into the floor)
Tip: use plenty of towels, rags or blankets (even floor mats) to protect the Carpet, console, steering wheel, sill plate and B pillar from the sharp and greasy tracks.
C. remove front seat track hooks from floor. Recline the seat back lift the rear of the seat up and pull towards the rear of the car.
D. remove the seat assembly from the car. Move the seat track with the switch (if possible) so that the back is straight up, seat is as high as possible and tracks
are not sticking out front or rear. Tip the seat onto its left side so that the head rest is sticking out of the left rear door. Disconnect the big multi-connector
and the small yellow connector from the seat harness. Carefully remove the seat through the front or rear door.
E. turn the seat assembly upside down and make it stable to work on.
F. remove the hard plastic trim covers. Working from the front on the seat belt buckle side, release the clips from the backside (trust me, you will break the tabs any other way). Release the electrical connectors with a small flat bladed tool.
G. remove seat multi-function switch. From the back side of the seat trim panel use a small flat bladed tool to release the multitude of hooks that hold in the switch. Remove the Knobs from the switch by pulling or prying them off.
H. install seat multi-function switch. Re-install the knobs on the new switch and press the new switch into the seat side trim panel.
Re-assembly is the reverse of dis-assembly. Use a torque wrench and Loctite on seat bolts.

#5 ·
No need to pull the seat

Power Seat Switch Replacement

1 Knob, Front Seat Adjuster
Tip: Pull outward to remove.

2 Knob, Front Seat Recliner
Tip: Pull outward to remove.

3 Cover, Seat Cushion Side Outer
Tip:
1. Remove the trim cover over the seat belt access and slide the seat belt out of the cover assembly.

2. Pull outward to disengage from the seat assembly and disconnect the seat switch electrical connector.

4 Retainer, Seat Cushion Side Outer Cover (Qty: 3)
Auto part Automotive exterior Drawing Line art Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.