: Best way to clean leather seats and headlights?

LiquidTrader
07-01-12, 02:07 AM
I live in AZ and I forgot a can of soda in my car. When I came back I found it completely exploded on the passenger seat and shot everywhere.

Any suggestions on how to clean the seats?

Also the headlights are dirty with some thick film on it. How can I get this off?

Thank you

MoistCabbage
07-01-12, 02:17 AM
Any quality leather cleaner will get soda off of the seats. That said, so will a wet towel.

You can try a headlight restoration kit to remove the haze from the headlights. If it's really bad (or if you have access to the supplies/equipment anyway), you can wet sand and polish them.

LiquidTrader
07-01-12, 04:49 AM
It needs more than a wet rag. It is like glue on the seats. I thought that too but it stuck on there

Ludacrisvp
07-01-12, 08:49 AM
Could be haze on the inside of the lens. Pics would be helpful.

MacMuse
07-01-12, 10:51 AM
After a couple hard passes with leather cleaner, be sure to finish up a good leather conditioner as the severe cleaning will remove or at least dilute any existing leather protection on the seats.

And take advantage of the AZ sun in the process. Conditioners work even better if you let them bake into the leather before the final buff.

eatyoursandwich
07-02-12, 01:39 PM
I live in AZ and I forgot a can of soda in my car. When I came back I found it completely exploded on the passenger seat and shot everywhere.

Any suggestions on how to clean the seats?

Also the headlights are dirty with some thick film on it. How can I get this off?

Thank you

If it's your first time resurfacing headlight lenses, I would just get one of the 3M headlight restoration kits. It's fairly idiot proof if you know how to control a power drill. The key is taking your time with each step, making sure all coarse scratches are sanded down with the low grit, and give them ample time to dry before moving to the next step. I've seen some people warp their lenses by sanding too much so I guess even with a kit, go slow and be careful.

What MacMuse said about the leather is great. Make sure and get a high quality conditioner and let it bake into the leather.

chazglenn3
07-02-12, 07:52 PM
The 3M Headlight Restoration Kit is the best on the market IMHO. Completely amazed by the results I got on my daughters Kia Sportage.

1harleyman
07-25-12, 08:45 AM
I have used Mothers aluminum polish ($4) at your autoparts store, works great nd a lot cheaper and easier than the headlight kit