: Replace BOSE Navigation multimedia with after market

agoch
06-30-12, 06:09 PM
HI,
I have a Cadillac Seville 2001 with BOSE Multimedia including the touch screen navigation system with CD system for Eurpean countries. Each time I cross the border I have to change the CD which is located in the trunk.
I want to replace this BOSE navigation system by aftermarket device.
I bought PAC OS GM32 but it is not the same connector. My Cadillac has 32-Way F Micro-Pack 100 Series (BLU) connector. As I have no more Cadillac dealer next to my location, a US Car delaer tried to connect wire to wire the PAC OS2 GM 32 to my CAdillac 32 Way connector; it did not work, speakers crackle and hum and no sound.
Somebody can help me to get the right harness or the scheme of connection?
Here attached the scheme of my Cadillac original connector.
Thanks in advance.

ESCALADE200224
07-05-12, 07:46 PM
You need this one because yours is a premium system:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12903_Axxess-GMOS-06.html

agoch
07-23-12, 12:06 PM
Many thanks Escalade200224.

But does not work, no sound coming out from speakers, snoring only. In fact, the same wiring has been done with PAC OS2 32GM; is Metra GMOS-6 is different? Or those 2 products are identical?

Thanks in advance.

ESCALADE200224
07-25-12, 03:33 AM
Many thanks Escalade200224.

But does not work, no sound coming out from speakers, snoring only. In fact, the same wiring has been done with PAC OS2 32GM; is Metra GMOS-6 is different? Or those 2 products are identical?

Thanks in advance.

They're identical from experience I've had units from both companies. My 05 esv has a peripheral which recently now is the same as PAC. I've had a axxess steering wheel interface and am not very pleased as I used to be with it. The axxess was built with the cheapest plastic around and the one button it has on it broke after using the button.

Does the pac unit light up? You could also have no sound because the amp isn't being turned on. Did u make sure the blue wire is attached to ur aftermarket deck?