: Is It Just Me or....

eddie
06-30-12, 03:47 PM
Does anyone else really dislike the gauge cluster in the ATS? It reminds me of the gauge cluster in the old Dodge Caravans from the 80's. For a sporty car such as this, don't you think they could have come up with something more stylish and racy? Otherwise, I think the car is beautiful and it seems it will be more than competitive for it's segment. I hate to gripe, but I feel it's a shame that the designers could have dropped the ball so badly on this important aspect of the car.

2004ctsv
06-30-12, 05:35 PM
I saw the interior photos on edmunds insider site and thought the IP looked fine.
I guess that if I ever had to drive a Caravan that the experience would scar me forever too.

cdp
07-01-12, 12:00 AM
I agree. The gauges look a little cartoonish. The rest of the interior, as well as the exterior, look good, but those gauges don't. Hope the HUD works well so I don't have to look at the gauges often

grasshopper
07-05-12, 05:59 PM
I couldn't agree more how ugly the cluster looks. I learned through GM engineer that the cost was the main reason (space requirement being the 2nd reason) for not implementing the XTS-like customizable clusters. I wish Cadillac could have at least offered the customizable cluster as an option in the up level model. Or at least make the standard cluster half way decent looking. I would much rather look at the current CTS or SRX cluster even if they would be out dated in few years. And oh...13 SRX is getting the same ugly cluster.

ddawson
07-05-12, 07:25 PM
Can you change the gauge presentation like XTS? I think the XTS has 4 different presentation you can choose.

Dad7159
07-05-12, 11:23 PM
Can you change the gauge presentation like XTS? I think the XTS has 4 different presentation you can choose.

No. Xts only

ddawson
07-06-12, 10:36 AM
Thanks. Now I'm slightly disappointed