: Big News for my car....

rnkath08
06-28-12, 04:29 PM
Finally found a painter I trust, going to repaint my car, take care of any of the marks scuffs etc from the parking garage....going to still be black, but going to do something subtle up the center of the hood....maybe a rich black pearl, or a color change black to scarlet...not sure...he's doing some test panels for me now. So tired of all the guys who ask "is that your husband's car"...ugh....anyway, don't want it to look too anything, just a nice subtle touch that will make people say "oh that's sharp" ...the calipers are red, so don't want to go full on bright red....considered a matte black but I don't think I would like that...any ideas?
I'm dropping her off tomorrow, and probably will have about a week to decide : )

LiquidTrader
06-29-12, 12:16 AM
How much does something like that go for?

Thank you again:)

rnkath08
06-29-12, 10:30 AM
don't know how much just the hood accent would be, I'm actually having the whole car painted. When I bought it, the prior owner had put 10K miles on it, and apparently rubbed against both sides of her garage at various points. Whoever did the work for them did okay, but not great and given how picky I am and that I winter it and intend to keep it, I feel like it's worth a few thousand to me to make it right. Of course, most folks who aren't as picky as me wouldn't notice what I see, but you spend enough time handwashing a black car and you can pick out every issue with your eyes shut!!

Midnight
06-29-12, 03:08 PM
I have one word for you:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uI6WObuMsdM/SON3EXIpveI/AAAAAAAABcg/wusH2bsktkc/s400/76_orange.jpg
Oh. Yeah.

On a serious note, you def gotta post a picture when it's done.

malatu
06-29-12, 04:03 PM
How much does something like that go for?

Thank you again:)

Done correctly, 5k.. .... No problems finding folks who will do it cheaper though.

rnkath08
06-29-12, 10:17 PM
Midnight...talk about a flashback...those birds always reminded me of the polish eagles on ethnic flags, but still a great car era
they tell me they'll have the car about 2 weeks, will post when she comes back, still can't decide on pearl, metalflake or changing...going to the paint shop to see panels next week sometime!
I'm excited...
and you can seriously spend a lot depending on the cost of the paint you choose....tried to keep myself under some control, but seriously, I work a lot of hours, do a lot of things for my kids, so this is my one area of stuff just for me, so I don't count the pennies too much, knowing it's about making me happy more than keeping book value, etc. Still wish I could justify an XLR, but just can't do it....LOL

EChas3
06-30-12, 12:16 AM
Consider keying your paint design to the natural lines of the car. The Art & Science motif has some potential that is rarely noticed by casual observers.

Take some time to really SEE your car. Then decide.

Enjoy!

LiquidTrader
06-30-12, 07:32 PM
Consider keying your paint design to the natural lines of the car. The Art & Science motif has some potential that is rarely noticed by casual observers.

Take some time to really SEE your car. Then decide.

Enjoy!

What do you mean?

Ludacrisvp
06-30-12, 07:41 PM
The car has really subtle body lines that most people never notice. One could really take advantage of them with a custom paint job. Hand wash / dry your car sometime and you will feel all the body lines that you may not have seen just looking at the car.

is3_ftw
11-23-12, 02:59 PM
any updated pics of the paint work?

rnkath08
11-25-12, 08:09 AM
the pics are in the show us your sts thread as well as in my album here

Midnight
11-25-12, 11:17 AM
Looks good...subtle.

rnkath08
11-25-12, 05:20 PM
wanted to be different, stylish without being over the top or too tacky....in the shade the stripe completely disappears, in the bright sun it glitters like the old glasstron boats...I think it's just enough so folks stopped saying "is that your boyfriend's car", and a few folks around here have changed their grills, but not much else. I like that it looks more unique, yet folks who aren't very into cars have no idea...100390....LOL, it's hard to make a big black caddy look at all feminine, but I tried a wee bit.....

curtc
11-25-12, 06:13 PM
LOL, it's hard to make a big black caddy look at all feminine, but I tried a wee bit.....

You could've had it painted that Mary Kay pearl pink :) That would be pretty feminine...

rnkath08
11-26-12, 04:12 PM
yiiiiickkkkk!!! wash your mouth out with vodka....HATE that pink!!! : )

curtc
11-26-12, 04:18 PM
yiiiiickkkkk!!! wash your mouth out with vodka....HATE that pink!!! : )

100% agree