: oops Motor Trend flips ATS

JDB
06-27-12, 12:43 PM
before heading to the track.

http://jalopnik.com/5921693/journalist-flips-cadillac-ats-in-crash-17-miles-from-race-track

HansK
06-27-12, 04:47 PM
At least he can write about safety features instead now.

rand49er
06-27-12, 11:02 PM
Hilarious! The guy will never live it down.

JimmyH
06-28-12, 02:08 PM
As he points out, we were on the way to Atlanta Motorsports Park where we could speed to our hearts content, so there was no reason to go hard on a public road.

yeah, right.

Journalists who are failed racing car drivers FTW.

Rolex
06-28-12, 06:23 PM
For sale: Cadillac ATS, adult driven, low miles, fresh paint. :)

JimmyH
06-28-12, 06:26 PM
:lol:

RippyPartsDept
06-28-12, 06:43 PM
i liked the driver's rebuttal in the 'update' at the end

... I've done a few stupid things in my life, but I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that this wasn't one of them. If I'd really hot-dogged this car off the road in a fit of teenage-type recklessness, I wouldn't be showing my face here or anywhere else. But I didn't. I made a bad judgment call and it ended badly, though not as badly as it could've. I'll gladly bear the shame of it because I am responsible, but the Matt Hardigrees of the world aren't going to get me down.

To those of you forming the lynch mob, I live in west Los Angeles, so dress accordingly. It's been hot lately.

2004ctsv
06-29-12, 11:34 AM
You know the old line: Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those with no clue, write magazine articles

M5eater
06-29-12, 12:09 PM
People make mistakes all the time. I would be more inclined to believe his story were he not driving the most anticipated compact sports sedan within the last decade just before he was about to fling this thing in every unatural direction on a race track however, but I think I overall believe him, more so since he's not blaming the car..