: 05 STS in reduced engine power

Matteus
06-27-12, 12:27 AM
I have a 05 STS4 V8 and I took a trip out to my in laws on Sunday it was running fine stuck around for an hour then went to leave and got the message of "Reduced engine power" and it would not let me give throttle. I got a OBDII scanner today and pulled the codes off it 1. P2119 throttle actuator control throttle body range / performance 2. P2176 throttle actuator control system idle position not learned these were hard codes stored and this was a pending code P2119 throttle actuator control throttle body range / performance. Has anybody had issues with this and if so what could be the fix????

dkozloski
06-27-12, 10:17 AM
The throttle body is not responding correctly. I'd start with a good throttle body cleaning and go from there.

Matteus
06-27-12, 10:52 PM
No go on the cleaning of the throttle body...

dkozloski
06-28-12, 12:19 AM
You might have an electrical connector problem. Disconnect the harness connector, squirt the connector with contact cleaner, and reasemble. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect it to reset the CEL.

EChas3
06-29-12, 11:47 PM
Just after buying mine, the dealer replaced the throttle pedal and a variety of connectors before resolving the issue. It's not all that uncommon.

Matteus
06-30-12, 05:10 PM
Cleaned all up all the connectors today and pulled off throttle body and still no go, I am out of ideas and I need my car so I will be getting it owed into the dealership on Monday morning :o(, not looking forward to this bill...

dkozloski
06-30-12, 06:14 PM
Cleaned all up all the connectors today and pulled off throttle body and still no go, I am out of ideas and I need my car so I will be getting it owed into the dealership on Monday morning :o(, not looking forward to this bill...Your Freudian slip is awesome.

EChas3
06-30-12, 11:10 PM
If it's like mine, it will take them about 3 days to figure out thar the wiring harness that connects to the the throttle-body is faulty. I believe there is a TSB on this issue affecting some 2005-6 models.

Good Luck!

Matteus
07-06-12, 12:05 AM
So initially they said it was a bad throttlebody, they changed it and then called me and said it is the ECM but it has to come out of the states so it will another week until I get it back, wouldnt that be a bitch if it happens to be just a bad harness.

dkozloski
07-06-12, 10:18 AM
Every fall around here when the cold weather hits there is a line of cars clear around the corner at the local dealership of people with throttle body/reduced power problems. Most are harness/connector related to bad connections.

Matteus
07-07-12, 12:14 AM
Well when it finally gets fixed I will post a update

Matteus
07-25-12, 06:23 PM
Turned out being a bad ECM, replaced it under a emissions warranty so it didn't cost me a thing so that's a plus.