: 2014 tahoe

kars79
06-27-12, 01:23 AM
Hello everyone,

I just found this and wanted to share it with you guys.
It's 2014 Tahoe but since they will built Escalade on same platform I think they will have a similar image as far as body style.
From the pic it looks like rear door's are longer.
Side mirror's are smaller probably due to wind noise.
Also from another site someone was saying that third row seat's will be same as current ones they won't be stowed n go type.
I'm sure interior will be same as xts,
Which is great.

Check out the images

http://www.trucktrend.com/future/spied/163_news120626_2014_chevrolet_tahoe_caught_testing _in_michigan/index.html

MrHolland
06-27-12, 01:41 AM
This may be 100% completely wrong, couldn't be further from the truth, but I thought that I read somewhere that the 2015 Escalade will be redesign that is independent of Tahoe and Denali. Has anyone else heard this?? It could just be me wishing and hoping too!!

packman01
06-27-12, 08:57 AM
honestly that looks more like a ford , the round emblems on the front grille and wheels, and the headlights have the orange markers that wrap around the front fenders ect...the tail lights look Tahoe ish , just my two cents

hannity
06-27-12, 12:58 PM
Looks like another chapter in the cookie cutting saga complete with a solid rear axle. From the looks of things the 2013 GL450/550 has no competition.

lee88
06-27-12, 08:28 PM
I believe hannity works for the competition.. Well if there was any.

evois
06-27-12, 08:49 PM
I know a GM mole and yes it is still going to be solid axle. A lot of surprises in. The new gm trucks that everybody will like!

Fast Eddie
06-28-12, 10:28 PM
If the third row doesn't fold flat I'm out...

Hymak
06-29-12, 03:08 PM
it seems to look more Ford style than GM style...

hannity
06-29-12, 03:22 PM
If the third row doesn't fold flat I'm out...
From the articles it says the axle is solid. I know how frustrating not having a normal 3rd row that folds flat can be. What is worse is having your 3rd row seats stolen like I did months ago. . Looks like they have the same thing here just under a new body. "Don't worry they will still buy it." is a sentence that I am sure gets thrown around numerous times when the engineering staff sits around to plan on the escalade.

TexasAggie
07-05-12, 06:58 PM
I was at the cadillac dealer and i was talking to a sales man and he told me the 3ed row will fold down but you won't be abel to tow as much and it will still have the big block V8.

MrHolland
07-05-12, 08:44 PM
^^^ If you are speaking of the L92 engine, its not a Big Block.^^^

Any word on why the tow rating would decline??

TexasAggie
07-05-12, 09:35 PM
It should have the 6.2L and the tow rating would decline in exchange for the fold in seats according to the cadillac sales man.

MrHolland
07-06-12, 01:18 AM
I simply don't understand the seats folding flat changing to tow rating... If the seats do fold flat, I'm certainly interested in seeing how they accomplish this with a solid rear axle.

quattrotman
07-06-12, 03:32 AM
Thats deinitely a Tahoe...look at the exhaust. Same ugly resonator that hangs out the back of all our rides. Typical GM...I bet not a damn thing has changed mechanically for the 'redesign'. Just new sheet metal. The oval up front is obviously camoflage. And wow, I hope those headlights are camo too because they look like $hit.

nathanjax
07-06-12, 04:57 AM
The 3rd row WILL fold flat. However, the rear floor is raised. So it won't be a fold flat like a cargo van, but when you fold the seats down, it will be flat with the rest of the "raised" cargo area.

The only way the expedition was able to get the "fold flat" 3rd row was to go to the IRS. The big SUVs will still have the SRA.

using other vehicle pics, it will be more like this...

http://0.tqn.com/d/suvs/1/0/F/8/-/-/IMG_3797.jpg

and not like this...

http://www.boston.com/cars/newsandreviews/overdrive/assets_c/2011/03/2010-Volkswagen-Routan-rear-hatch-thumb-607x455-36041.jpg

Also the rear wiper will be up in/near the 3rd brake light. Interior is getting a "supposedly" great makeover...

MrHolland
07-06-12, 05:07 AM
Thats cool, not as good as it could be but its still a GIANT improvement!!! Keeping the solid rear axle/running gear in its current configuration shouldn't change the towing capacity.

nathanjax
07-06-12, 05:11 AM
Keeping the solid rear axle/running gear in its current configuration shouldn't change the towing capacity.

I'm thinking that's the main reason for keeping the SRA.

cadmanchris
07-07-12, 02:19 PM
Just my 2 cents, but when it comes to towing, I rather have a SRA.

TexasAggie
07-07-12, 02:40 PM
I simply don't understand the seats folding flat changing to tow rating... If the seats do fold flat, I'm certainly interested in seeing how they accomplish this with a solid rear axle.
I am just saying what the salesman told me.

MrHolland
07-07-12, 10:52 PM
^^^I don't believe anyone doubts that you were told that. Sometimes a salesperson may say things that they dont mean, an example of this is that the 2014 Escalade will "still" have a big block.^^^

-----I also agree with cadmanchris..

hcvone
07-09-12, 08:05 AM
Hope it's not like the top pic because loading would be a pain lifting over the folded seats, I like the old Suburban's were you could delete the 3rd seat option because I have a small family of 8, yes 8 3rd row seats sitting in my office closet, of course most people aren't stupid enough to have 4 Escalade's at one time, but I am working on that problem. :)