: Billy Boat Exhaust

corygoldsmith
06-26-12, 01:47 PM
I have a 3.6..has anyone considered billy boat exhaust and your thoughts of that?

WRXtranceformed
06-26-12, 02:41 PM
I had a rebranded Billy Boat exhaust piece on my TL Type S and it was a well built piece. Do you have a link to the CTS version? I have been wanting to pull the trigger on the Magnaflow full exhaust, but $900+ doesn't make sense for not a lot of horsepower. I would almost rather just get the resonators.

corygoldsmith
06-26-12, 05:56 PM
They are actually telling me billy
Boat doesn't make one for my model. What would be the best exhaust choice. I want performance but also a meater sound (maybe give the illusion it's not a v6

tinman
06-27-12, 12:59 PM
Personally, and this as I said is only a personal observation, a six cylinder only sounds like a six cylinder. I have heard lots of exhausts, and they still sound like a 4 banger or six banger, whatever. To me, that is the main reason I don't go for an aftermarket exhaust. One man's opinion...

HurstGN
06-27-12, 06:44 PM
Personally, and this as I said is only a personal observation, a six cylinder only sounds like a six cylinder. I have heard lots of exhausts, and they still sound like a 4 banger or six banger, whatever. To me, that is the main reason I don't go for an aftermarket exhaust. One man's opinion...
Depends on the engine I guess. A lot of people who don't know any better ask me if my 87 GN has a big block in it. I politely tell them its just a 6 cylinder. Maybe they just get confused by the dual 3" pipes coming out the back. :cookoo: