: pic: ATS real paddle shifters, how big a job to retrofit a 2011 CTS?

speedbump49
06-25-12, 10:10 PM
Here's a picture of the ATS paddle shifters, much better than the buttons on my CTS. Any guesses on how big a job it would be to replace factory button's in a CTS?

Jagillac
06-26-12, 07:47 AM
There is a thread that shows a company who makes paddles for the cts buttons. A lot of owners seem to really like them.

Jagillac
06-26-12, 07:55 AM
Search S2T performance products. That should find you the thread. Sorry I'm on an iPhone and don't know how to post the thread link. Hope it helps

speedbump49
06-26-12, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the tip. I ordered the S2T paddles in black.
cheers

tinman
06-26-12, 11:35 AM
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I am curious since I don't have paddle shifters. Will the new paddles shift differently, or do they just look different?

Jagillac
06-26-12, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the tip. I ordered the S2T paddles in black.
cheers

Not a problem. I hope they work great for you! I'm kicking my self when I saw them. I didn't order my coupe with "paddle shifters" because they where just buttons. If I had know about this last year I would have done it in a heart beat :-( oh well.

speedbump49
07-15-12, 12:02 PM
update:

I have installed the S2T padding shifters without a hitch.

From a functional perspective, you still need to apply shift pressure in the general area of the center of paddle to achieve a shift, it’s still the same button like action vs., say, a lever type action. However, they allow your fingers much more real-estate and guidance to stay orientated with the shifter. Most important for me, is the visual reminder of "up" and "down" shift via the "minus" and "plus" symbols which are constantly in view thanks to paddle design (no more missed-shifts).

Cosmetically, they look cool, I went with black to keep the design closer to that of the ATS and to be a little less conspicuous, but in hind sight, the silver finish may have been a better visual choice.

-mw

Horizon670
02-10-13, 10:25 PM
We also have Paddle Shifters available for the CTS / CTS-V

Ahmed
Vitesse Motorsports
www.vitesse-motorsports.com