: Corsa, Borla, SS works; this is how you do an exhaust video..

M5eater
06-25-12, 06:17 PM
I'll just leave this here. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN4p9Jxtqao&feature=player_embedded

larry arizona
06-25-12, 06:39 PM
pretty cool video!:thumbsup:

smackdownCTSV
06-25-12, 06:43 PM
Agreed. But I still think the SW sounds better. The marketing can suck as long as the exhaust isn't raspy.

M5eater
06-25-12, 07:17 PM
Agreed. But I still think the SW sounds better. The marketing can suck as long as the exhaust isn't raspy.

Once in a while I'd like a vendor to go crazy like this though. V2 vendors are as dull as white bread in marketing terms, and the V2 deserves a well done show-off.

Maybe Agency can afford such video's because they charge $2500 for a header back.

But dammit, why can't the V2 have someone offer valve-controlled exhausts? We certinally have the market for it.

mother
06-25-12, 07:41 PM
So what are the chances that the crappy overdriven dubstep, etc., is licensed or royalty free?

BTW What were they selling?

(I think this says more about you being 24 than it does about V vendors, and you have to acknowledge that their target market is 10/20/30/40 years your senior... And perhaps has some taste in music ;))

larry arizona
06-25-12, 07:44 PM
GM has had dual mode exhaust since the 2006 Z06. If really wanted I am sure something could be fabbed, but who would pay for it? Just throw on some electronic controlled cut outs.

mother
06-25-12, 07:46 PM
GM has had dual mode exhaust since the 2006 Z06. If really wanted I am sure something could be fabbed, but who would pay for it? Just throw on some electronic controlled cut outs.

In M5's defense- the V is really the most appropriate possible platform for such an exhaust. GM should really think about that for the V3.

M5eater
06-25-12, 07:53 PM
So what are the chances that the crappy overdriven dubstep, etc., is licensed or royalty free?

BTW What were they selling?

(I think this says more about you being 24 than it does about V vendors, and you have to acknowledge that their target market is 10/20/30/40 years your senior... And perhaps has some taste in music ;))

Good point haha. I wasn't being totally serious. I just thought it was a decent video more than anything.

They're selling this;
http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/agency-power-electronic-valve-controlled-exhaust-muffler-mercedes-benz-p-133656.html?osCsid=mnjhva0uustjvnaspv7rp14vp0

Dual mode exhausts would be more appropriate for a vehicle like the CTS-V more than it would a Z06 in all honesty. More so since this more of a barely constrained race car than it's competition.

edit:
see? :P

In M5's defense- the V is really the most appropriate possible platform for such an exhaust. GM should really think about that for the V3.

neuronbob
06-25-12, 08:15 PM
Awesome video.

RapidRob
06-25-12, 09:59 PM
^^ - Agreed!

Rob

SoCal_V
06-26-12, 03:31 AM
Sick car, sick exhaust tone, sick video! :thumbsup:

BWhite58
06-29-12, 08:11 AM
When selling an exhaust system . Why do they insist blocking out the exhaust sound with some loud techno music ? What are they really trying to sell ? An exhaust system or the music ?

M5eater
06-29-12, 08:15 AM
When selling an exhaust system . Why do they insist blocking out the exhaust sound with some loud techno music ? What are they really trying to sell ? An exhaust system or the music ?

This was just an over-the top one time thing for the C63 crowd rather than a normal video they do. Their other videos are plain exhaust videos.