: Hi Orconn, would you test drive this car for me?

MarConcours
06-25-12, 02:38 PM
Hi Orconn, I placed a post this morning and someone suggested I contacted you. I sent you a friend request but maybe you will see this sooner. Here's the post, do you think you could help me? Thanks!

Hello, I have been looking for a Concours just like this one that just came up on AutoTrader, I need someone to look at it and tell me if it's a great buy. I am willing to pay for the trouble. Please contact me at 954.600.6684 or marco@bechon.com

http://www.commonwealthmotorsllc.com...lle%20Concours (http://www.commonwealthmotorsllc.com/web/1862/vehicle/3821178/1996-Cadillac-Deville%20Concours)
The dealer is:
Commonwealth Motors
9101 Jefferson Davis HwyRichmond, VA 23237
Phone: 1-866-679-9757 | Contact: Trey Sakowitz

Thanks!
Marco

hueterm
06-25-12, 03:05 PM
Looks awesome, if the HGs are OK....

brandondeleo
06-25-12, 03:07 PM
:yeah:

talismandave
06-25-12, 03:08 PM
Be careful Orconn may like it enough to buy it!:suspense:

brandondeleo
06-25-12, 03:12 PM
At that mileage in that condition, assuming it's got no issues, that's a steal.

Faded Crest
06-25-12, 03:13 PM
Looks awesome, if the HGs are OK....

I'd be more concerned with the active suspension than the head gaskets at just 30k miles... And '96 models don't have nearly as bad a track record as '97-'99 for hg problems.

Ranger
06-25-12, 03:47 PM
I thought the Concours had a floor shift. :hmm: Maybe that came in later years?

bigm57ict
06-25-12, 03:52 PM
Looks like it's missing the fender skirts.

Faded Crest
06-25-12, 04:07 PM
I thought the Concours had a floor shift. :hmm: Maybe that came in later years?

'97+ had the floor shift.

Faded Crest
06-25-12, 04:08 PM
Looks like it's missing the fender skirts.

They weren't really fender skirts, just extra molding that gave it a different look from a deville.

orconn
06-25-12, 04:12 PM
Marco, I would be happy to help you out but my health situation will prevent me. I would suggest you having a professional take a look at the car for you. The little cost would be worth it if you are serious about purchasing this car.

The car looks good, but I would be concerned about previous water damage; if it is a local car, our area has been subject to some serious flooding over the last seven years.

This company's location would make it easy for pick up should you decide to buy it.

bigm57ict
06-25-12, 04:13 PM
They weren't really fender skirts, just extra molding that gave it a different look from a deville.

Perhaps not. But they are removable like fender skirts and they are missing. :)

CadillacLuke24
06-25-12, 04:32 PM
If it's too good to be true......

These guys said it. If everything is ok, then that is a DOWNRIGHT STEAL and I'm very jealous of you :D

Check for flooding like Orconn said. Check for HGs. Check to see if the whole engine is about to give up the ghost, same for the transmission. Go over this with a fine tooth comb.

Good luck though, that is one sharp Cadillac :thumbsup:

hueterm
06-25-12, 04:41 PM

They were removable, however.

Aztec ETC ECS
06-25-12, 05:09 PM
Too late, I bought it.

cadillac kevin
06-25-12, 05:14 PM
Too late, I bought it.

Lol.

MarConcours
06-25-12, 06:21 PM
Imagine that! I am taking my chances anyway, back in January I flew to Washington, DC to check another one that looked great in pictures and it turned out to be in pretty bad shape. (First merged post)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this is the last year of the first generation, 93-96. The fender skirts were deleted in 97. (Second merged post)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a non issue, I have 2 sets :)

MarConcours
06-25-12, 06:39 PM
I just called them, it was sold this morning to a lady from Kansas. She bought it sight unseen, over the phone. I am trying to replace my '95 Concours, the car of my dreams, which just died (transmission). Will keep looking, thanks to all. :)

Aztec ETC ECS
06-25-12, 08:39 PM
I just called them, it was sold this morning to a lady from Kansas. She bought it sight unseen, over the phone. I am trying to replace my '95 Concours, the car of my dreams, which just died (transmission). Will keep looking, thanks to all. :)
She might have bought it as a result of your post. Next time you find a sweetie like that, keep it a secret until the deal is done. :thumbsup:
It's like yelling out, "There's a hundred dollar bill on the floor!" instead of picking it up.

Jesda
06-25-12, 08:44 PM
Thats too bad. It was a creampuff.

CadillacLuke24
06-25-12, 09:03 PM
What's wrong with the transmission? Depending on that, you may be able to repair that for the cost of another low miles Concours.

MarConcours
06-26-12, 12:26 AM
In 2007 the shift solenoids went (when this happens the car runs only in 2nd with a top speed of 75). Believe or not I drove it like that for 4 years and 9 months, with an avg of 17 mpg. Last month I took it to Homestead, Fl and noticed that the trans fluid was almost out, put some in but did not realize I had not properly close the cap and it burned. It permanently damaged the trans, now it will almost not pull and reverse will not engage.
A rebuilt trans costs $2,000 in Miami (you can get anything in Miami!), but if I fix everything that is wrong I will invest some 2,500 and still end up with a car that has 175,000 miles. At this point I think $6,000 for a 30K miles is a better investment.

CadillacLuke24
06-26-12, 12:45 AM
Well, I can't blame you. Being a sentimental sap like my self, I'd happily dump more money into the Caddy and keep driving. Realistically though, it is better to start shopping around. Good luck. :D

By the way, if you never need them again, I'd be happy to help you dispense of one of those sets of fender skirts :thumbsup:

MarConcours
06-26-12, 12:50 AM
You can have one set, just pay the shipping. They are blue. Write me at marco@bechon.com if you want them.

talismandave
06-26-12, 01:10 AM
If that one was true you are probably right. I am with Luke in that unless there was some thing else I didn't like about it I would probably fix it. I'd probably go used for a third of that. I always feel the problems I have, are usually cheaper than the ones you buy. As the guys were saying even if it were real miles there would still be a fair amount of costs, and that the expected ones. Good luck in the hunt for a new one.

Faded Crest
06-26-12, 05:34 AM
You can find a used transmission easy enough, but the labor to swap it out is something else altogether. The cradle has to come down just like an engine swap. Big bucks.

brandondeleo
06-26-12, 06:24 AM
Talk to Harry!

CadillacLuke24
07-04-12, 12:54 AM
You can have one set, just pay the shipping. They are blue. Write me at marco@bechon.com if you want them.

Done did emailed ya :D Sorry I took so long. Work is a time eater.