: From the show room to the paint shop......?

Gman57
06-24-12, 02:19 PM
I have my 13V sedan on order and have been looking at a paint scheme. I've ordered a White Diamond car and looking at using Black Diamond in the same basic paint layout and the D3 race cars and smoke the tails and tint windows.... Is this to much??
Looking for input.
G

Trapspeed
06-24-12, 03:57 PM
My opinion, and mine only, is BD would not be "black" enough to contrast the white paint. I say go dark black for your accents if anything.

larry arizona
06-24-12, 04:14 PM
personally don't like the D3 paint job for the street. RICER look. Totally understand for racing as you want to look defined and different. My opinion is leave factory alone. White diamond is sweet the way it is.

Gman57
06-24-12, 04:31 PM
personally don't like the D3 paint job for the street. RICER look. Totally understand for racing as you want to look defined and different. My opinion is leave factory alone. White diamond is sweet the way it is.

Thanks Larry thats why I was looking for other opinions. Smoked tails and tinted windows would look good too. Maybe do the blackout on the front grills. I'm just wanting something that will set my car aside of others.
G

BigDog001
06-24-12, 06:58 PM
I have my 13V sedan on order and have been looking at a paint scheme. I've ordered a White Diamond car and looking at using Black Diamond in the same basic paint layout and the D3 race cars and smoke the tails and tint windows.... Is this to much??
Looking for input.
G

I think that you might be better off having the portion of the car you are considering painting and have it "wrapped" instead -- that way you are not destroying the paint job underneath and you can always take it off later if you do not like it oor when you sell it.

larry arizona
06-24-12, 08:59 PM
Seen that Plastidip is doing body panel painting now if you want to play with that flat black look. But I still dont like the flat movement. If you got a white diamond with black rims you WILL stand out and look tough as hell. My opinion is that it is a Caddy and should stay a caddy instead of an import.

Satin69
06-29-12, 10:16 AM
I think that you might be better off having the portion of the car you are considering painting and have it "wrapped" instead -- that way you are not destroying the paint job underneath and you can always take it off later if you do not like it oor when you sell it.

I very much agree. I have a BD coupe but wanted something different. I went with a matte wrap and could not be happier. As said above, it give you the option to always change the look and at the same time protect the orginal paint...

Gman57
06-29-12, 10:32 AM
Not sure if I'm going to make any changes other than smoke the tails and tint the windows. The wife didn't like my paint/wrap idea on a new car. I got the car with the M6 so for now the small mods will have to do. I've learn to choose my battles wisely... :yup:

G

V locity
06-30-12, 12:32 AM
Were you thinking like this?

Gman57
06-30-12, 09:55 PM
Were you thinking like this?

Yep.... looks killer!

Chrispy
07-06-12, 08:38 AM
Do the wrap...BD paint is ridiculously expensive as well. :)

Stillborn
07-12-12, 06:36 PM
imho, nothing says BAWLER quite like the white diamond and blacked out look... congrats

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000535.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000502.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000533.jpg

Dr. Design
07-13-12, 03:18 PM
Where are you located at? If you want PM us your email address and we can send you some images of other colors and combinations we have done in the past. There are a couple of different options you have with the White Diamond.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Looking for input.
G

Gman57
07-13-12, 04:31 PM
Where are you located at? If you want PM us your email address and we can send you some images of other colors and combinations we have done in the past. There are a couple of different options you have with the White Diamond.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Please do!!!! I know I'll be doing mods to the car for sure.

email.... brewdog57@hotmail.com

Thanks
G

stan6898
07-20-12, 05:13 AM
Satin69 (or anyone this applies to), I have an '11 BD couple, and was wondering what it would look like blacked out all the way around. Can anyone who has this post pics
-Stan

stan6898
07-20-12, 06:36 AM
nvmd guys, I found a thread

Gman57
07-20-12, 09:00 PM

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Still waiting....

Dr. Design
07-20-12, 10:30 PM
Sorry about that. Email sent.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Gman57
07-22-12, 10:38 PM