: 2014 last year for CTSV?

backup
06-24-12, 10:52 AM
Is the concensus opinion that 2014 will be the last model year for CTS-V(2)? I am considering getting back into a CTSV and would like to get the last model year. Considering the ZL-1 just started production I don't see the LSA motor constrained, but the CTS platform is aging and not sure when it will end. I expect there will be a CTS-V(3) but I don't expect it to have a supercharged V8, and that's partly why I am consdiering getting back into a V2. Tx

thebigjimsho
06-24-12, 11:11 AM
I would guess the new CTS comes out late next year as a '14. So '13 may be the last...

muohio
06-24-12, 12:11 PM
The Camaro is also due for a redesign in 2014 as well. I'm would expect an ATS-V to come out first.

backup
06-24-12, 12:14 PM
Thanks, so there may not be a model year 2014 CTSV?
Have there been any hints on whether the wagon variant will be offered in the next gen? Given the very low sales volume for the CTS wagon (V and non-V) I would think it may be offered, although I certainly hope they stick with it.

cruiser68
06-24-12, 01:52 PM
Not that my service guy knows anything but he claims 2014 will be a newer version with 600+hp and more ZR1 engine parts and over 80K sticker.

larry arizona
06-24-12, 04:29 PM
Seen the new 2014 CTS (secret) but the V will likely lag one year behind. Just like the 2014 ATS-V will lag one year to the launch of the ATS.

M5eater
06-24-12, 04:56 PM
I would guess the new CTS comes out late next year as a '14. So '13 may be the last...
2013 will be the last year for the second generation CTS.

larry arizona
06-24-12, 05:03 PM
Well did the V take a year off from the V1 to V2? Sorry was not a V1 guy but it will be 2015 before the V3 comes out.

M5eater
06-24-12, 05:09 PM
Well did the V take a year off from the V1 to V2? Sorry was not a V1 guy but it will be 2015 before the V3 comes out.

2015 MY yes, but functionally it'll come out within 8 months of the 3rd Generation CTS.

Satin69
06-24-12, 05:26 PM
I was at the track a couple of weeks ago before everyone got there. The manager and I were talking about my car and she told me GM had brought out 2 Camaros and a Cadillac for a closed course test period. They would not say what model the Caddy was but it was '16 and "fast as hell." They clocked it at a 1.56 when there was not one car turning sub 2min that day... Only good things coming from Cadillac I feel...

thebigjimsho
06-24-12, 07:27 PM
Not that my service guy knows anything but he claims 2014 will be a newer version with 600+hp and more ZR1 engine parts and over 80K sticker.I doubt it highly. Unless it's just a couple of engine items that bump up the ZL1's 580hp, it won't have any wild hp bumps and it won't be out until '15 since every V has come out 1 model year after its siblings. Cadillac, through its engineers, has talked about weight reduction as a performance enhancer. And the stretched Alpha platform should weigh in right around 4,000 lbs...

larry arizona
06-24-12, 09:47 PM
The Alpha A1LL (CTS) will be right at 4000lbs. It will be about 90% the size of a V2. Narrower in size. The headlights are similar to the XTS and ATS where they teardrop half way up the front fender (odd). Not a huge difference in interior. Has the CUE fixed display versus pop up, but seat and gages are VERY similar. Take the XTS interior and slightly shrink it.

JimmyH
06-24-12, 10:16 PM
Reports and rumors are that the CTS will bump up slightly in size. Considering the ATS is targeted at the 3, it's reasonable to assume the CTS will target the 5, so a slight increase in size is a reasonable assumption.

And I still remember rumors from a couple years ago that the 3rd gen CTS will be the lightest car in its class.

thebigjimsho
06-24-12, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the new CTS is supposed to be BIGGER than the current one. That's why the ATS is on a smaller Alpha while the new CTS will be on a stretched Alpha.

JimmyH
06-24-12, 11:12 PM
I doubt it will be much bigger though. Probably a couple-few inches in the back seat.

larry arizona
06-25-12, 10:29 AM
Ha the one I saw was wrecked so it was much shorter, but seriously very similar in size. Maybe slightly longer in the back seat and the trunk area and decklid are larger, but overall the body is narrower as it is a stretched Alpha.

Mystical_Ice
06-25-12, 11:35 AM
Yeah historically GM has always released the 'performance' variant of a car the year following the base model release. This can be seen with the last few decades of Corvettes vs. Corvette Z06s, CTSs vs CTS-Vs, etc.

So i'm with the 2015 opinion

allinmyhead
06-25-12, 01:57 PM
Either way, it's a good bet it'll probably be more expensive than the V2. I expect the ATS-V will fill the gap when the new CTS-V goes up market by 10-15k.

nynd
06-25-12, 02:12 PM
I would think the ATS-V would be marketed around the $55 - $60K mark whereas the V would remain $70 to $75... any higher than your driving out your loyal customers.

M5eater
06-25-12, 02:24 PM
I would bet we will see the higher end of those estimates.

Remember.. the 2.0T ATS is aiming directly @ BMW 328i pricing. dollar for dollar.

certinally you will likely get more equipment as standard, so there will be some 'value' incentive there, but the days of undercutting competition by 30% are over.

quikag
06-25-12, 02:35 PM
I would think the ATS-V would be marketed around the $55 - $60K mark whereas the V would remain $70 to $75... any higher than your driving out your loyal customers.

I agree with allinmyhead. The ATS-V is going to allow the CTS-V to go up slightly in size and price. It will have more features, a little more power, better fuel economy, etc. It will be interesting to see the V3 CTS-V. I wonder with all the fuel economy mandates nowadays, what GM will do with the powerplant. Maybe a turbocharged DI 5.5L engine?!?!?! That would be pretty awesome. Add in an 8-speed automatic and you could have some decent fuel economy and very solid power/acceleration.

M5eater
06-25-12, 02:41 PM
an 8 speed auto is certinally a possibility(the new reports say they'll appear in 2014 trucks), but I wonder mostly if they're going to be using the new 7 speed manual transmissions for the C7.

DiamondWhtV
06-25-12, 03:04 PM
Seeing everyone is just guessing, some based on rumors and speculation from other sources...I will throw mine out there.

I willing to bet that the CTS-V3 will have some sort of cylinder deactivation to increase fuel economy. That seems to be the trend in technology for improvement in fuel as well as some weight reduction to get to the numbers that are mandated for 2015. It will be a great car in it's own right, but a little removed from what the current V2 is.

I have a feeling that the V2 will find it's way as the most wanted years for the performance models in the Cadillac market. Cadillac can compete and fill the niche of performance luxury against anyother brand without having to boost horsepower above the ZL1.

JFJr
06-25-12, 03:08 PM
A little off subject, but anyone have any insight as to what type of engine the ATS-V will have? If it weighs below 4,000#, I would love a normally aspirated V8 (smaller displacement LS6-type with direct injection) without the complexity and added heat associated with forced induction. A lot of us may have to jump into the ATS-V before the 2015 CTS-V comes out.

Jud

Xaqtly
06-25-12, 03:23 PM
Interesting. I'm really intrigued by what GM is going to do in the next round of performance cars, e.g. the V and the Vettes. I wonder if the Vettes and the Vs will be getting a DCT to replace the automatic. I'm hoping that a manual will still be an option in the next V. I'm also interested to see how CUE is implemented in the next round. I'm also curious to see how GM is going to improve fuel economy in the V. If the Vette is getting DI, the V probably will too. A 7 speed manual would allow for a super long overdrive gear while keeping the first 6 gears much shorter, kind of like they are now. And I gotta admit it would be nice to cruise at 75 while only turning 1300 RPM or so.

I'm also really, really hoping they chop some weight off the V. That would also help mpg a little bit, but more importantly would help performance both in terms of handling and acceleration. This car at maybe 3900 lbs or so would feel like a whole new car.

In a more general sense I'm wondering where Cadillac is going to take this car in terms of what genre it fits into. Currently it's a really really good blend of old school muscle car and new school sports car. Reducing weight and retuning the suspension, adding the Gen 2 mag shocks, will make it an even more ferocious sports car, but it remains to be seen what Cadillac would sacrifice to accomplish that. Maybe some of the sound deadening or luxury features? But on the other hand, I'm assuming they'd still want it to remain a comfortable, quiet and smooth GT car since it's still a Cadillac.

I'm hoping they can find a way to do both. If they are taking aim at the F10 M5, they're going to have to. And personally I would rather they remove weight than add power. I'd be perfectly happy with the same LSA and 300-400 lbs less weight.

JimmyH
06-25-12, 03:25 PM
an 8 speed auto is certinally a possibility(the new reports say they'll appear in 2014 trucks), but I wonder mostly if they're going to be using the new 7 speed manual transmissions for the C7.

I am trying to imagine what it will be like to drive a 7-speed manual.

M5eater
06-25-12, 03:33 PM
I'm also really, really hoping they chop some weight off the V. That would also help mpg a little bit, but more importantly would help performance both in terms of handling and acceleration. This car at maybe 3900 lbs or so would feel like a whole new car.

I believe that's practically a certianty at this point given it'll be alpha based. I don't expect it to come in under 4000, but right at 4050 or so is a nice number to be thinking of right now.

I wonder if the Vettes and the Vs will be getting a DCT to replace the automatic
My Bet? It'll get one of the new 8 speed auto's that the trucks are supposed to get in 2014. The 7 speed MTX will likely also follow. A DCT would be nice, but they're (still) relatively cumbersome and fragile. A good auto like in the E63 or CTS-V is 95% of the same transmission, more so with stagged shifts.

I am trying to imagine what it will be like to drive a 7-speed manual.
go testdrive a 991 911 to find out!
http://jalopnik.com/5835722/yes-this-is-porsches-new-7+speed-shift-pattern

The interesting part is what BMW is presumably doing with it's shiftby wire and eletronicaly gated 7 speed manual
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/06/patent-images-reveal-that-bmw-is.html

JimmyH
06-25-12, 03:34 PM
They'd probably run me out of the showroom before I could ask.

M5eater
06-25-12, 03:42 PM
They'd probably run me out of the showroom before I could ask.

you wouldn't have that problem if you still had the V.

Just saying... <_<

acutally, you still might since the Base MSRP is still 2x what a V2 costs..

youknooow
06-25-12, 03:45 PM

Why do you think that? The STS and XLV V's sold for more along with Platinum Escalades. I'm ready for GM to produce a non-compromising vehicle. If Nissan can sell a 100K car why can't Cadillac?

M5eater
06-25-12, 03:50 PM
Why do you think that? The STS and XLV V's sold for more along with Platinum Escalades. I'm ready for GM to produce a non-compromising vehicle. If Nissan can sell a 100K car why can't Cadillac?

Nothing currently in Caddilac's line or immediate future line of vehicle's warrants a six figure price tag. I think the ATS and Alpha CTS will be fairly uncompromising, but it'll still trend twoard a value influenced brand ultimately. The car is debuing with now 6 year old transmission technology and a top-line model with a similarly old V6. Cue is their ace in the hole and by the time it's shipping in the XTS most other manufactures have nearly caught-up with the fancy LCD panel clusters and 3d imaging bits on the infotainment screen. So all that's left is a touchpad console.

yipee.

nynd
06-25-12, 04:59 PM
^^ To add to the point above, the reason we're here driving "V"'s, is because of the bang for the buck. If Cadillac is going to price the V in line with $100K M5's and GT-R's, then people are going to start shopping a little more. Right now we live with the squeaks and quarks because we know we still got a great vehicle based on the price paid = happy consumer. Jack the price substantially and you'll get a different mindset.

backup
06-25-12, 09:43 PM
Do you think there will be a wagon variant of the new CTS or CTSV?

larry arizona
06-25-12, 09:52 PM
eventually there is a coupe(2015) coming and possibly a wagon (not positive). They originally had an convert planned but it got killed.

Xaqtly
06-26-12, 01:17 PM
I hope they do a wagon. I remember reading something that said Cadillac only needed to sell something like 34 CTS-V wagons to break even on them, and they sold over 400. It makes sense since a CTS-V wagon is just a regular CTS wagon with the drivetrain and extra goodies from the CTS-V sedan. I'm just going to assume because they sold so many more than they needed to in order to break even, that as long as there is a CTS wagon and a CTS-V sedan, there will also be a CTS-V wagon. I choose to be optimistic about this. :)

thebigjimsho
06-26-12, 02:16 PM
I hope they do a wagon. I remember reading something that said Cadillac only needed to sell something like 34 CTS-V wagons to break even on them, and they sold over 400. It makes sense since a CTS-V wagon is just a regular CTS wagon with the drivetrain and extra goodies from the CTS-V sedan. I'm just going to assume because they sold so many more than they needed to in order to break even, that as long as there is a CTS wagon and a CTS-V sedan, there will also be a CTS-V wagon. I choose to be optimistic about this. :)

Well, that was for the Vagon to be profitable, not the wagon bodied CTS, as a whole. If they dont sell enough wagons, they'll need that quirky exec demanding it and overruling the bean counters...

M5eater
06-26-12, 04:30 PM
which they don't have anymore. the vagon was bobs last **** you I'm doing it moment

JimmyH
06-26-12, 04:53 PM
:word:

backup
06-26-12, 10:32 PM
Well, that was for the Vagon to be profitable, not the wagon bodied CTS, as a whole. If they dont sell enough wagons, they'll need that quirky exec demanding it and overruling the bean counters...

That's what I'm worried about. Looks like I need to consider a V wagon while I can still get one. The regular CTS wagon is not very popular, I rarely ever see one and my dealer said the couple they ordered were hard to unload. Just like the M5 wagon and AMG E-class estate were very rare in the US and only available for a few years, I think the V wagon will be too.

JimmyH
06-27-12, 01:27 PM
I would not count on a 3rd-gen CTS wagon. V or otherwise. I am betting the 3rd gen CTS will be sedan only. If you want a coupe, you will have to go to the ATS. JMO.

Xaqtly
06-27-12, 01:39 PM
Yeah and unfortunately that'll be an issue for me, because I need a wagon. Not like I'm planning on getting rid of mine, only that I was sort of hoping I could trade in on a new one for the Gen 3, in a couple or a few years. But like I said, I choose to be optimistic. When the V Wagon came out and every automative magazine and TV show tested it and wrote segments about it, every car guy - to the last - loved it. That obviously doesn't translate to sales, but as I said, Cadillac started making profit on them after the 30-something one was sold, and they're probably up to 500 sales by now.

Even though Bob is gone, people like Heinricy are still there and I don't think the V division has lost their wagonlust. It should be very easy to convince the bean counters that a wagon version will turn a profit, just like the current one does. And the V wagon is still one of only two high performance wagons you can buy in the US, the other being the E63 AMG, which you can't get with a manual transmission. Since the V has a massive price advantage and because it's the only one you can get with a manual, Cadillac actually has a significant portion of the market all to themselves. Even people who are focused solely on profit would find it hard to ignore that.

We'll see, but I choose to have faith on this issue.

JimmyH
06-27-12, 01:42 PM
Anything is possible. I am just saying that i would not count on it. Plan on it not happening then be pleasantly surprised when it does.

M5eater
06-27-12, 04:53 PM
I doubt it will be much bigger though. Probably a couple-few inches in the back seat.

I don't know. They have a long way to go from the 2nd gen CTS to a 5 series interior space. I haven't sat in an XTS, but you can tell the CTS is a tweener and even something as old as an E39 feels more spacious.

thebigjimsho
06-28-12, 12:12 AM
I don't know. They have a long way to go from the 2nd gen CTS to a 5 series interior space. I haven't sat in an XTS, but you can tell the CTS is a tweener and even something as old as an E39 feels more spacious.

Well, to be honest I think that's perception. My V1 seemed roomier than my V2. But it was squarer and more open and airy.

JimmyH
06-28-12, 12:20 AM
It's the center stack. In the 2nd gen it cuts into your knee space.

visualguy
06-29-12, 01:41 AM
It's the center stack. In the 2nd gen it cuts into your knee space.

That was a bad design choice - it makes the car feel more cramped than it should be. However, the interior of the CTS-V is indeed small for a car with such a large exterior. It's quite a bit larger on the outside than the Infiniti G37, for example, while offering less interior space and the same trunk space. They had to fit that large V8 somewhere...

Stillborn
06-29-12, 02:06 AM

they said they would be happy to sell (drum roll) four units. the wagon exceeded there expectations and rightly so. the el camino was a fluke too. and it's still an icon. i like that caddy took chances, it shows the brass isn't old and jaded.

SoCal_V
06-29-12, 04:21 AM
If they had had a wagon when I grabbed my '12 V Sedan, I would have bought the wagon for sure. Just a badass sleeper wagon.

youknooow
07-02-12, 04:38 PM
Nothing currently in Caddilac's line or immediate future line of vehicle's warrants a six figure price tag. I think the ATS and Alpha CTS will be fairly uncompromising, but it'll still trend twoard a value influenced brand ultimately. The car is debuing with now 6 year old transmission technology and a top-line model with a similarly old V6. Cue is their ace in the hole and by the time it's shipping in the XTS most other manufactures have nearly caught-up with the fancy LCD panel clusters and 3d imaging bits on the infotainment screen. So all that's left is a touchpad console.

yipee.

Agreed; looking at vehicles like the CTS-V, XFR, M5, E/CLS AMGs why are people willing to pay 20-60K more? whats so different?

Jpjr
07-07-12, 07:28 AM
Agreed; looking at vehicles like the CTS-V, XFR, M5, E/CLS AMGs why are people willing to pay 20-60K more? whats so different?

Mostly reputation / franchise value / etc. It takes a long time to change perception, something GM knows all too well.

I agree with those that say Cadillac needs a no-comprimise vehicle lineup. "Value" should be emphasized at Buick not Cadillac. Their slogan is "new standard of the world". The problem with Cadillac is that they have yet to prove that they can in fact build class leading vehicles regardless of price...there is always some comprimse.

thebigjimsho
07-07-12, 04:06 PM
Well, as much as we can imagine, they can't go from building DeVilles and Cateras to a world class car overnight. The original CTS and STS with their V variants were amazing first efforts. The V2 has been a drastic leap forward, inching ever closer to the AMGs and Ms, with the CTS eating into the sales of the Germans and Japanese.

Cadillac is getting there. The credit crunch and bankruptcy stalled things for a bit. But I have no doubt Cadillac will get there in the next 5 years, or so...

backup
07-07-12, 06:36 PM
Yeah and unfortunately that'll be an issue for me, because I need a wagon. Not like I'm planning on getting rid of mine, only that I was sort of hoping I could trade in on a new one for the Gen 3, in a couple or a few years. But like I said, I choose to be optimistic. When the V Wagon came out and every automative magazine and TV show tested it and wrote segments about it, every car guy - to the last - loved it. That obviously doesn't translate to sales, but as I said, Cadillac started making profit on them after the 30-something one was sold, and they're probably up to 500 sales by now.

Even though Bob is gone, people like Heinricy are still there and I don't think the V division has lost their wagonlust. It should be very easy to convince the bean counters that a wagon version will turn a profit, just like the current one does. And the V wagon is still one of only two high performance wagons you can buy in the US, the other being the E63 AMG, which you can't get with a manual transmission. Since the V has a massive price advantage and because it's the only one you can get with a manual, Cadillac actually has a significant portion of the market all to themselves. Even people who are focused solely on profit would find it hard to ignore that.

We'll see, but I choose to have faith on this issue.

Good thoughts, but I'm not so optimistic on the chances of a V3 wagon. I certainly hope they do it, and if there is a regular CTS wagon I think the chances are high for a V version, but I doubt we will see a wagon on the standard car. The CTS wagon has not been popular, I can count how many times I've seen one in the wild on one hand.

I also agree with your thoughts on the E63 AMG estate - I like it but wow the price, and no manual trans, makes CTSV the clear choice. I am considering the V wagon against some other choices as well, like Jeep SRT8, Range Rover Sport, or maybe even a tuned Suburban. What CTSV gives up to those options the others gain in utility. I had an 09 V sedan and tracked it some but found it was just too heavy for serious track duty so I am not considering the V as a track car. I like the idea of practical performance or real SPORT utility, and the V wagon falls into that niche albeit much further on the performance side of the spectrum than the other cars.

visualguy
07-07-12, 07:06 PM
Cadillac is getting there. The credit crunch and bankruptcy stalled things for a bit. But I have no doubt Cadillac will get there in the next 5 years, or so...

The problem is that the Germans and Japanese aren't standing still either - it's a moving target.

JFJr
07-07-12, 08:31 PM
The problem is that the Germans and Japanese aren't standing still either - it's a moving target.In a few years, it will be a personal, subjective choice because all high performance sedans will be very close, as they are now. I'm glad that Cadillac will be in the mix. We are the winners.

Jud

M5eater
07-07-12, 10:06 PM
The problem is that the Germans and Japanese aren't standing still either - it's a moving target.
They're not making nearly the generational advances that Cadillac is making. Not even close.

The ATS is a full blown 3series competitor in every respect, and since the CTS is going to be an alpha based vehicle, you can expect it will be a 5 series competitor in full-measure. Right Down to it's asking price, and currently BMW, Audi and Mercedes are all sitting on refreshes of their models. Cadillac will be bringing totally new vehicles to their lineups, and if you haven't been living under a rock, you know the car-rag's don't like the new EPS or overall feel of the 5 series, a fresh, light, communicative( if the first reviews that say it's better than the CTS-V are any indication..) chassis will put Cadillac at the top of peoples list for sports sedans.

visualguy
07-07-12, 10:34 PM
That would be nice... Still not clear how they would get a powerful engine with reasonable efficiency (like the BMW S63TU), or where they would get a state-of-the-art DCT (unless they source from Germany or Japan). Also, I hope they improve the interior quality to match the price of the car.

brickfrenzy
07-09-12, 04:25 PM
Another gear or 2 would do wonders for highway efficiency. at 75mph, I'm rolling along at 2500 RPM. A 7th gear that puts the RPMs around 2000, plus cylinder deactivation, would do worlds of good.

All that being said, I will be deeply disappointed if the V wagon doesn't make a return in V3. I love my wagon, but wish it was just a little bit bigger on the inside, and with the ATS, I imagine that's the direction they're going. I would happily get another Vagon when my current lease is up in 3 years. If it exists.

Mystical_Ice
09-09-12, 03:28 AM
I just love that sedans are flaunting as much HP as sports cars these days. Gone are the days of 180HP sedans and 400HP sports cars.

We've got engines in affordable (keyword) cars that are just ridiculous in horsepower. A $110,000 sportscar (ZR1) with 638HP? A $70,000 sedan (V) with $556HP?

I think that's awesome, and it seems to be increasing with every generation of car. Can't wait to see what the third generation CTS-V holds. Here's hoping it's 650HP :)

M5eater
09-09-12, 09:44 AM
edited.

McGuffy
09-09-12, 12:05 PM
There's already a ton of spy shots of the 3rd Gen CTS out there - a V can't be far behind -

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/spied-2014-cadillac-cts-hits-the-nurburgring-155331.html

JimmyH
09-09-12, 12:41 PM
It's a foregone conclusion that the 3rd gen V will not have more power. But it will be much lighter. 560 hp in a 3600 lbs car? You do the math.

JFJr
09-09-12, 01:42 PM
To save 500-600 lbs. in the next generation CTS, and keep or increase the luxury features that we expect, and make the car slightly larger, seems like an impossible task without more extensive use of aluminum or bringing in some carbon fiber, all of which will raise the price beyond its targeted market. Will the new platform save any weight over the existing one? Maybe more extensive use of these materials could be reserved for the "V" as was done for the Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes, since we expect the price of the "V" to be closer to its competition.

Jud

JimmyH
09-09-12, 02:36 PM
The base ATS is a little over 3300 lbs. They made extensive use of composite materials and high strength steel. Which increases cost, but considering they can cover the cost better in the CTS than the ATS, I am betting the CTS will come in nearly as light as the ATS. There have been rumours for years now that the 3rd gen CTS would be the lightest car in its class. With the 3rd gen CTS-V, they can make use of aluminum for the hood, roof, and decklid. Maybe even CF here and there.
With the current V being only $65k, if they make the next one $80k, $15k will buy a whole lot of diet.

M5eater
09-09-12, 03:25 PM
It's a foregone conclusion that the 3rd gen V will not have more power. But it will be much lighter. 560 hp in a 3600 lbs car? You do the math.

Agreed. More power yes, 650 HP though? Not a chance, not when it needs to have at least a 20% increase in fuel economy.

I would bet 570-580 with DoD or similar.

JimmyH
09-09-12, 03:41 PM
What does the Department of Defense have to do with this?

M5eater
09-09-12, 04:54 PM
What does the Department of Defense have to do with this?
CTS-V's are serious business.

larry arizona
09-09-12, 07:13 PM
The CTS 3rd gen IS on the alpha chassis (ATS). So it will be lighter than 2nd Gen. It will be a slightly longer wheel base version of the ATS. Exact same width of new ATS (90-95% of current CTS). Exterior styling is almost identical to the ATS. Interior is VERY similar to ATS and XTS. Headlights teardrop up into front fender just like ATS and XTS (not sure I like that).

neuronbob
09-09-12, 08:56 PM
^^^^
Sounds like bleh on looks. I like the "in your face", squared off version of Art and Science we got with the 2G CTS. It is uniquely American and I find it handsome. Of course, the final say on the new CTS will be when the car is finally released. I do hope they manage a proper diet for the new CTS.

M5eater
09-09-12, 09:48 PM
^^^^
Sounds like bleh on looks. I like the "in your face", squared off version of Art and Science we got with the 2G CTS. It is uniquely American and I find it handsome. Of course, the final say on the new CTS will be when the car is finally released. I do hope they manage a proper diet for the new CTS.

To be honest, art and science had to grown on me. the few 3 months of ownership I thought it was fugly. Coming from german-land that's not surprising I suppose however.

Now of course, I like it better than rounded-off farfegnugen.

Jinx
09-09-12, 11:53 PM
If we're supposed to get a new CTS for MY2014, does that mean we'll see it at NAIAS in January?

thebigjimsho
09-10-12, 12:55 AM
If we're supposed to get a new CTS for MY2014, does that mean we'll see it at NAIAS in January?

That would seem to be consistent with recent releases...

JimmyH
09-10-12, 02:15 PM
To be honest, art and science had to grown on me. the few 3 months of ownership I thought it was fugly. Coming from german-land that's not surprising I suppose however.

Now of course, I like it better than rounded-off farfegnugen.

I never did come to terms with art and science. I think the ATS is the best looking example so far. They toned it down nicely. Except for the headlights and hipster led lights. I can live with the ricer headlights though, and the LEDs are easily fixed with a pair of wire cutters.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-12-12, 12:13 PM
Great thread so far, everyone! I double checked to be sure, and I do not have information regarding 2014 models as of yet. However, please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you'd ever like me to consult my GM resources for any updates in the next few months.

I've documented your valuable feedback where several GM departments can access it and was happy to see all the candid replies!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

cadillaxe
12-29-12, 06:06 PM
anyone on this thread know any more on the subject? had a couple sources that should know tell me there will be a '14 cts v coupe, but will believe it when i see it.

cadillaxe
01-24-13, 08:10 PM
well, i'd heard from a local dealer, a supertuner, and even someone that works at gm that there would be a '14 ctsv coupe. however, got an email today from the local dealer saying no. i have until mid may to order a '13 v coupe, will take 11 weeks to arrive, then no more. was told the big contract i'm waiting on is 2 more months out, so hopefully no more delays there and i can order a '13 before the deadline...

sunsalem
01-25-13, 03:59 AM
If there is AMG, M-series and Audi S vehicles still being sold, there will be Vs available. If that is NOT the case, GM will have completely changed their strategy for the Cadillac brand. FWIW, other than putting the V vehicles on a diet, there really isn't much left to do to 'em. As it is, they are just about perfectly placed against the competition.

cadillaxe
01-25-13, 08:02 AM
i would guess they will put out another v coupe, but just not going to be in '14. way it looks most likely it'll have the CUE system, direct port injection, cylinder deactivation, and resulting better mileage. those are all good things perhaps worth waiting for. however, based on what i'm seeing this series will be the last with the real aggressive edgy design, and next gen will be more rounded off, tear drop headlights, or as cadillac said, "more sophisticated, less edgy" or something to that effect. The CUE system would be great, but the one they have now is fine. better mileage is always better, but i have a 2.5 mi drive to work and will be on a motorcycle most of the time anyway, and the current styling is what i like, vs. a more rounded look.

tedcmiller
01-26-13, 02:41 PM
To larry arizona, since no one bother to answer your question (post #8), I will. Yes. There was no 2008 CTS-V (1 or 2). The 2007 CTS-V was the last V1. The next CTS-V was the 2009 CTS-V V2.

RippyPartsDept
01-26-13, 03:00 PM
2014 CTS will be a redesign... the V always follows a year later

2003 was first year of CTS
2004 was first year of CTSV
2007 was last year of both CTS and CTSV first generation
2008 was first year of CTS 2nd gen
2009 was first year of CTSV 2nd gen
2013 will be the last year of both CTS and CTSV 2nd generation
*2014 will be the first year of CTS 3rd gen
**2015 will be the first year of CTSV 3rd gen

*2014 CTS will be officially announced at the NYC auto show march 29 - april 7
**this has not been officially announced but is widely expected

Cadillac has said that they do not plan to have a coupe or wagon version of the 3rd Gen CTS

cadillaxe
01-28-13, 08:50 PM
not even a coupe? strange.

V2 BRAWN
01-29-13, 12:50 PM
I had heard that 2013 was the last year of the wagon back in Sep. I had wanted one for a couple of years so decided to order mine. Sure glad I did.
With CAFE standards being what they are, I don't imagine there will be a supercharged version next go round. Just my opinion.

cadillaxe
01-30-13, 08:05 AM
all the more reason i want a 13 coupeV now. i agree that could be the last of the aggressive styling, big bad engine. just fcking hoping i get that contract in hand before the mid-may order cutoff. i already notice the local lot has almost no coupes even on the lot anymore. had a half dozen just a few months ago. c'mon contract....

Jinx
01-30-13, 12:24 PM
How confident are you of a mid-May cutoff? I think somewhere here just this week I read mid-April.

cadillaxe
01-30-13, 12:31 PM
That was in the email right from the dealer up the street. You're thinking mid April? Grr.

RippyPartsDept
01-30-13, 01:01 PM
these cutoffs can change ... and often do... make sure you stay in touch with your sales guy or his manager

cadillaxe
01-30-13, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a good chance one of two unfavorable things will happen.

1. I don't have contract yet, don't order before cutoff, and hope I find exactly what I want on a lot later.

2. I order the car and hope like hell the contract comes in.

Hope in one hand, sh!t in the other, we all know which fills up faster...

MacBuster
01-30-13, 03:13 PM
If there is no V3 wagon, I may be forced to step up to my dream car: E63 Wagon.

Would be a real hardship. :)

1997BlackETC
01-30-13, 03:26 PM
I really thought about a e63 wagon, but then I thought about the 30 grand plus or more than my Vagon and higher maintainence costs and thought better of it.

neuronbob
01-30-13, 03:47 PM
I really thought about a e63 wagon, but then I thought about the 30 grand plus or more than my Vagon and higher maintainence costs and thought better of it.

I agree with the added negative factor of no manual transmission.

Don't get me wrong, it's very, very nice, just not quite as cost-effective as the V is.

pat2t2f
01-30-13, 04:02 PM
If you put about. $10,000 worth of mods into the V you can easily beat the merc and save $20,000

MacBuster
01-30-13, 05:20 PM

I made the same decision. But if there is no longer an option for a V-wagon....

----------

If you put about. $10,000 worth of mods into the V you can easily beat the merc and save $20,000

either car stock is fine with me in terms of performance.

The Benz is a BIG step up in terms of..well...everything. Price was the deciding factor for me. And availability. I never buy new cars (I'm too cheap), and used E63's are rare. Getting a 2 year old 2014 in 2016 or so will work well. Or I keep the V2.

1997BlackETC
01-30-13, 06:13 PM
The V is a lot more connected to the road than the benz. The benz just has air shocks in the rear and struts in the front, the V would smoke that car on curvy roads. The V is probably a lot more fun to drive.

MacBuster
01-30-13, 06:19 PM
I think that's probably right. The mag suspension is sure great. I think the NEW e63 will see big improvements in all areas. and the AWD would be awesome for winter.

neuronbob
01-30-13, 06:27 PM
The V is a lot more connected to the road than the benz. The benz just has air shocks in the rear and struts in the front, the V would smoke that car on curvy roads. The V is probably a lot more fun to drive.

Jonny Lieberman from Motor Trend made exactly that point in his V wagon-E63 comparison. However, stock vs stock, the Benz wins hands down in a drag race. I'd love to try one just for the hell of it. Again, it's a very nice car.

I think that's probably right. The mag suspension is sure great. I think the NEW e63 will see big improvements in all areas. and the AWD would be awesome for winter.

AWD + massive power is always good. AWD would be awesome for the dragstrip with either the V or the E63. If only it could be added without a weight penalty, and with a stout enough transmission to handle all that massive torque.....sign me up.

Oh yeah, and AWD with winter tires would make for being unstoppable in winter conditions.

MacBuster
01-30-13, 06:40 PM
I think the new AWD system has been simplified tremendously from the standard 4matic. It barely adds any weight, at the cost of fancy torque vectoring (I think). Basically the best of all worlds.

I am stuck with autos, and the new MB autos are pretty awesome. (Really, why isn't everyone using dual clutch boxes instead?!?!)

Xaqtly
01-30-13, 07:52 PM
Yeah, from what I read the new E63 AWD system is a very simple mechanical 30/70 F/R split. No shifting power around, just a constant, always-on 30/70 split. Makes sense to me because it's still going to drive like a RWD car, it'll just be better at exiting corners and launching from a stop. Which really is exactly what the V needs I think.

cadillaxe
01-31-13, 08:33 AM
i'd be thinking about the $5-6K in mods to a Vcoupe from hennesssey. 650 hp and that luxurious interior would be one helluva car for the price. first things first, have to get this electrical gremline in the GTO figured out. parking lamps/dash lights keep blowing fuses. stealership charged $270 to replace headlight switch. blew fuse a day later again. grrr...

cadillaxe
02-08-13, 07:02 AM
seeing the new cts made me happy i decided '13 v coupe or nothing. smoother edges, and that rear end? no thanks.

http://jalopnik.com/5982278/2014-cadillac-cts-this-is-it

something i didn't pick up on when i test drove it, but on the v coupe build your own, it says sunroof is tilt only. am i correct to say the body part moves back and leaves a moonroof sort of material, then that part tilts up, but you never have an open roof?

also, with no sunroof option, does it give me that extra inch of headroom that would be nice?

RippyPartsDept
02-08-13, 11:10 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/281295-2014-cadillac-cts.html

there's a decent discussion already going on regarding these spy shots jalopnik posted

personally i think the angle of the photo from behind doesn't do it justice ... you're looking at it as if you were crouched on the ground

Jinx
02-08-13, 02:10 PM
Crouched on the ground makes most car styling look more dramatic. If a car looks soft or dull from a low angle, it's not going to look better from standing height.

The rear shot looks like they added an upswept crease to the side of a 2001 Deville and called it a day.

These shots have completely flipped me on the thought of waiting for a next-gen V. Now I'm thinking I need to get a 2013 V before it's too late.

pat2t2f
02-08-13, 02:39 PM
Jinx,

I agree with you. I think these second gen V's will be looked back at as the best. Cadillac will make changes but I don't think it will be for the better.

thebigjimsho
02-08-13, 04:11 PM
You don't know.

neuronbob
02-08-13, 06:09 PM
Jinx,

I agree with you. I think these second gen V's will be looked back at as the best. Cadillac will make changes but I don't think it will be for the better.

The 2G CTS-V could be to Cadillac what the 2002 was for BMW....the beginning of greatness....

We'll see what the 3G CTS is like. It's all academic for me as I'm out of the market for 3-4 years now.

cadillaxe
02-08-13, 08:00 PM
I'm thinking I need to get a 2013 V before it's too late.

+1.....

thebigjimsho
02-08-13, 09:06 PM
The 2G CTS-V could be to Cadillac what the 2002 was for BMW....the beginning of greatness....

We'll see what the 3G CTS is like. It's all academic for me as I'm out of the market for 3-4 years now.

That's just nonsense. The V1 is so much more the original 2002 than a V2 could ever think to be!

neuronbob
02-08-13, 09:24 PM
That's just nonsense. The V1 is so much more the original 2002 than a V2 could ever think to be!

Oh snap! It's on! :)

Kidding aside, I know you dearly loved your V1 (RIP :( )

JimmyH
02-08-13, 10:46 PM
if i had a time machine i would use it to go back and stop myself from selling my v1.

thebigjimsho
02-08-13, 11:30 PM
Oh snap! It's on! :)

Kidding aside, I know you dearly loved your V1 (RIP :( )I also have a soft spot for 70s/80s era Bimmers as I have much seat time in my parents' original '72 2002...

cadillaxe
02-09-13, 04:17 AM
yes, the v1 was more original, as v2 just built on that design. but some of the most valuable/desirable 911 turbos are the 993 series, not because they were the first/most original, but the last of that 'cool' series with oil cooling, the big rear fenders and whale tail. still kick myself for selling my '96 for $53,500 considering you can't touch one of those for less than $75K now. :(

in the same way, i think a '13 coupe v will be one of the most desirable models in years to come, last of the big engine, cool aggressive look.

cadillaxe
02-23-13, 07:20 AM
newest info i have is that they will make a few '14 ctsv coupes, wagons, and sedans, as well as introduce the new cts sedan. a little out of the norm, but that's what i was told by people at from GM that should know. i asked if the '14 vcoupe would have the CUE system, and was told no, it'll basically be finishing out like '13's. not sure if there will even be any new features actually.

regardless, i have a call with a big client thur about their contract and as long as no major bad news comes from that, hopefully a week from today i'll be ordering a '13vcoupe. hopefully....

CoppeR
02-23-13, 10:29 AM
Hmm, I wouldn't count on a '14 V. Order while u still can. Thunder Gray was already discountinued on 2/4/13.

cadillaxe
02-23-13, 11:47 AM
that's the plan.

Kluch
02-23-13, 09:29 PM
Yeah. They may make a few V's in 2014 model year, but as certain parts become unavailable (recaro's, caliper colors, wheel colors, paint colors) they will be gone for good. And we all know how things tended to go on constraint with these cars...

I would have liked to have waited a bit longer for financial reasons but the uncertainty of the model year and the fact that parts may become unavailable pushed me to pull the trigger. I'm 35. Who needs a savings account? Lol

CoppeR
02-24-13, 02:59 AM
So I was at the dealer ordering my '13 BD coupe and he confirmed there will b a '14 V. The new body style '14 CTS sedan will b built at a different plant so they dont have to do any retooling. Like others have said, I dunno if all the options (thunder gray) will be available for '14 but the V will live for 1 more year.

neuronbob
02-24-13, 09:31 AM
^^^^
Built in a different factory? That makes little sense because tooling would have to be redone elsewhere, at some cost, as the current CTS is built exclusively at Lansing-Grand River. It is doubtful that GM is going to spend money on an outgoing model like that. At least, I wouldn't.

CoppeR
02-24-13, 11:00 AM
From what I was told the current and new CTS will not be made on the same line so they will able continue to produced V's. It almost makes it sound like a left-over car which is why i didnt wait and ordered a '13.

NotFastEnough
02-24-13, 12:43 PM
So I was at the dealer ordering my '13 BD coupe and he confirmed there will b a '14 V. The new body style '14 CTS sedan will b built at a different plant so they dont have to do any retooling. Like others have said, I dunno if all the options (thunder gray) will be available for '14 but the V will live for 1 more year.

I would almost never trust what dealership people say.

RippyPartsDept
02-24-13, 05:40 PM
if they did keep the lansing grand river open for 2014 2nd Gen V production it would buck the trend that they've kind of established

i wouldn't be totally surprised though if they did have some sort of low production special edition with little to no options

neuronbob
02-24-13, 06:21 PM
They'd probably build these 14s right at the end of production this summer, then close it out, as others have said. A 2014 V could be the rarest yet!

Of course, we won't know for certain until Cadillac says somethng official.

Jinx
02-24-13, 10:14 PM
If they don't plan to build more than a couple of months, why make them 14s at all? Why not just extend 13 production? Also, why unveil the special editions as 13s this late if they plan to make 14s?

V2 BRAWN
02-24-13, 10:25 PM
GM has a history of late releases on new models and holding old models over. That would explain the special editions.

cadillaxe
02-25-13, 07:44 AM
what special editions? confused...

neuronbob
02-25-13, 10:36 AM
^^^^^
Matte silver Coupe, only 100 built, 90 released
Supersonic (aka baby) blue V with blue seats

Search for the threads, you'll find them.

cadillaxe
03-07-13, 07:59 AM
ordered the '13 v coupe last week. only difference i did from my plan was added the wood trim. i didn't want a light brown trim and thought standard was piano black, but standard is actually that pseudo CF look, and it's a real dark wood, so went with that. 10 more weeks of waiting...

1997BlackETC
03-07-13, 12:58 PM
Or maybe 12 weeks, or 16 weeks or hopefully only 6 weeks, you never know and you can't get any answers from anybody how long it will take.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-07-13, 03:24 PM
Congratulations, cadillaxe! We hope the wait isn't too agonizing!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

cadillaxe
03-08-13, 07:27 AM
Thanks, Katie. i waited patiently (?) for about the same time for that bmw motorcykill to get built and shipped over from Germany, so i'll be distracted with trying to sell the GTO and a couple bikes to make room.

6 weeks, 16 weeks, it'll show when it shows. if sooner, i'll be happy to have it early, if later, can delay having a payment again. Dealer called yesterday and said order is confirmed and moving to production. sure be cool to see that thing roll off the production line, but i doubt they allow customers to watch that event :)

cadillaxe
03-26-13, 08:13 AM
http://jalopnik.com/2014-cadillac-cts-this-is-it-458768296

soooooo glad i ordered a '13...

USAFRET
03-26-13, 09:22 AM
what special editions? confused...

And a host of SE Corvette's.....this is GM's MO.

RapidRob
03-26-13, 06:18 PM
http://jalopnik.com/2014-cadillac-cts-this-is-it-458768296

soooooo glad i ordered a '13...

I saw a 14 CTS at the dealer today. It's not a bad looking car IMO, but I'll reserve judgment on the 14 CTS-V until I actually see one. Sometimes they make minor adjustments to styling/stance, etc., that completely changes the personality of the car. I'm hoping that is what will happen with the 14 V's ... if they are produced.

Rob

thebigjimsho
03-29-13, 10:01 PM
I saw a 14 CTS at the dealer today. It's not a bad looking car IMO, but I'll reserve judgment on the 14 CTS-V until I actually see one. Sometimes they make minor adjustments to styling/stance, etc., that completely changes the personality of the car. I'm hoping that is what will happen with the 14 V's ... if they are produced.

Rob

What? The car they just debuted in NY was at your dealer? No.

RippyPartsDept
03-29-13, 10:23 PM
jim don't doubt - of course it was

1997BlackETC
03-29-13, 10:24 PM
Ya, I find that hard to believe a dealer would have a '14 CTS, must have been a ATS.

RapidRob
03-29-13, 10:48 PM
^^ - yep, it was there. I recognized it from the pics I saw on this forum. Same headlights, rear-end, hood, etc. It was not on the show room floor, but in the garage/prep area. My own V was having a new SC installed and I asked to be taken back there to see how they were doing. I wouldn't lie to you guys ... :tisk:

Rob

cadillaxe
04-01-13, 01:44 PM
out of curiosity, has anyone else ordered a new one from the factory lately? if so, do they run the 11 weeks they say, or as ETC notes above, can be all over the map? in theory, 6 weeks, 3 days from now should be arriving.

RippyPartsDept
04-01-13, 02:09 PM
can be all over the map
it really depends on when exactly you dealer's order for you get's accepted by GM

for instance if your dealer is a low volume dealer they don't get allocated a build as often as a dealer twice their size
a high volume dealer can also run out of allocation as well (they're high volume after all)

getting it fast as possible would require a dealer with an allocation available for you
and there's a good chance that they won't talk to you about allocation etc

pat2t2f
04-01-13, 02:19 PM
If you ordered the car then the dealer should be able to tell you where in production the car is. Mine took about 6 weeks last September

Random84
04-01-13, 04:47 PM
out of curiosity, has anyone else ordered a new one from the factory lately? if so, do they run the 11 weeks they say, or as ETC notes above, can be all over the map? in theory, 6 weeks, 3 days from now should be arriving.

I think the big variable is whether or not your dealer has "allocation," which is in effect having a reserved place in line. If you order from a low volume dealer, they will tell you they can get it - but odds are their order would go to the back of the line over higher-volume dealers "with allocation."

My dealer is big, they have allocation, I expect to get the car in around 6 weeks barring a random part shortage or something. I think that's why other members might be waiting 2-3 months; they might have ordered from a dealer with no allocation and thus had to wait for everyone else to get theirs first?

Just what I picked up from reading other threads though.

On the bright side, the longer your build takes, the further past the model year we go and the more likely there will be "clearance" incentives for 2013 models you can apply to the deal when you pick up the car?

RippyPartsDept
04-01-13, 05:00 PM
low volume dealers can have allocation (unless they've sold a bunch of cars lately - more than they normally do)
higher volume dealers can also not have allocation for the same reason

it all depends

cadillaxe
04-02-13, 08:03 AM
that makes more sense as to why the dealer called me a week after i ordered it and told me the factory accepted the order the day after i placed it. They are a big dealer too, so sounds like a guess would be that i may not be as delayed as some others since GM accepted the order the day after it was placed and they should be allocated.

as far as the incentives, last year i don't think it was until late summer when the first incentives came out, and it was just interest rate on a loan. since i have that GM friends discount for mine, no factory incentive will be better than that.

CoppeR
04-02-13, 11:11 AM
Mine took only 3 weeks. Ordered 2/25/13

cadillaxe
04-02-13, 08:26 PM
actually just got a call from dealer today. GM said it'll be here in 5-10 days. ordered last day of Feb, so way ahead of schedule. glad i hurried and sold the GTO, which just left Saturday.

RapidRob
04-03-13, 06:24 PM

Rob

I want to correct my error about this - I double checked during my trip to the dealer to pick up my V today, and what I had seen was NOT a 2014 CTS, but a 2014 ATS. Sorry for the mistake, but it sure looked like what I'd seen online - and a lot of similarities I think.

Rob

thebigjimsho
04-03-13, 06:28 PM
^^ - yep, it was there. I recognized it from the pics I saw on this forum. Same headlights, rear-end, hood, etc. It was not on the show room floor, but in the garage/prep area. My own V was having a new SC installed and I asked to be taken back there to see how they were doing. I wouldn't lie to you guys ... :tisk:

Rob

Well, the headlights, rear end and hood all look very close to the ATS. That is what you saw, not the car that was just shown to the world a week ago...

RippyPartsDept
04-03-13, 06:29 PM
honest mistake and it takes a big person to be humble enough to mea culpa like that

:cheers:

thebigjimsho
04-03-13, 06:29 PM
I want to correct my error about this - I double checked during my trip to the dealer to pick up my V today, and what I had seen was NOT a 2014 CTS, but a 2014 ATS. Sorry for the mistake, but it sure looked like what I'd seen online - and a lot of similarities I think.

Rob

And then I read this post. Hahahahaha.

No worries, man. We all have our senior moments...

hulksdaddy
04-03-13, 09:30 PM

Not me.

But Rob is an example why this is the best Honda forum on the net.

RapidRob
04-03-13, 10:50 PM
^^^ - Honda ... ??? As Big Jim would say - "wut", or "Hmmm".

Rob

hulksdaddy
04-03-13, 10:54 PM

Not me.

But Rob is an example why this is the best Honda forum on the net.

^^^ - Honda ... ??? As Big Jim would say - "wut", or "Hmmm".

Rob

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc419/kissja74/smiley/wink.gif

thebigjimsho
04-04-13, 02:24 AM
I like Hondos.

RippyPartsDept
04-04-13, 11:31 AM
Did someone say Honda?

http://www.sirlin.net/storage/street_fighter/honda_hundred_hands.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION =1227345832541

Trapspeed
04-04-13, 11:35 AM
Man, there's a flashback! :)

RippyPartsDept
04-04-13, 01:27 PM
what, you haven't been keeping up?
you're not going to evo 2013?

http://evo.shoryuken.com/
(http://evo.shoryuken.com/)
2012 final 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCom3opMdc

cadillaxe
04-04-13, 01:49 PM
all this talk about caddys, then a honda comment thrown in here to kill the mood? i feel like a hot chic just undressed in front of me laid on the bed, then sh!+ on the sheets. :(

thebigjimsho
04-04-13, 02:09 PM
And then?

hulksdaddy
04-04-13, 02:14 PM
http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae233/ElveeKaye/Smilies%20and%20emoticons/mockinglaughter.gif

cadillaxe
04-04-13, 07:36 PM
...continue and try to block out the "honda comment" for the greater good.

JFJr
04-06-13, 07:33 PM
We all need news about the V3, that would stop all the whining and worthless threads, for a week or two. Ha haa!

Jud

Jinx
04-06-13, 07:53 PM
We're in for a long haul. The ATS was unveiled fifteen months ago, and we still have no more than rumors about the ATS-V.

cadillaxe
04-07-13, 08:44 AM
when i was over doing some paperwork and looking at tint options with the dealer friday, he sounded pretty confident the next ctsV would be a twin turbo V8 vs. the supercharged.

Trapspeed
04-07-13, 09:03 AM
We all need news about the V3, that would stop all the whining and worthless threads, for a week or two. Ha haa!

Jud

My, you are the optimist. :)

Random84
04-07-13, 10:15 AM
when i was over doing some paperwork and looking at tint options with the dealer friday, he sounded pretty confident the next ctsV would be a twin turbo V8 vs. the supercharged.

That would be cool - basically a V8 version of the VSport already known. Will be interesting to see how they style it, and what other options might be included.

MSRP around $80K too, right?

Jinx
04-07-13, 12:11 PM
Over in Corvette land, there is a rendering from a very reliable source of a C7 engine bay with a supercharged engine in it. This rendering was leaked well before C7's coming-out party, and other renderings from the same source proved spot-on with the Stingray.

It seems unlikely that GM would build a small-volume supercharged V8 for Corvette and a small-volume twin-turbocharged V8 for Cadillac. Possible, sure, but less likely than using the same engine (or very similar engines as with LSA/LS9).

Then again, maybe GM has decided it wants CTS-V to step out of Corvette's shadow, and wants to give it a twin-turbo signature that lets it stand on its own. (Well, with a less-obvious dependency.) IIRC the ZR1 initially went screws instead of turbines because the turbochargers were tricky to package in the C6 engine bay. Packaging is probably not as tight under the new CTS hood.

.Jinx

cadillaxe
04-07-13, 01:31 PM
can see Jinx's points. yes, makes more sense to use the same basic platform on both, but also to get caddy its own brand recognition too.

as far as price, Random84, dealer didn't say, but most would guess next ctsv to be a little pricier as it's aiming more at bigger sport sedans and leaving the ATS to compete in the old CTS space of the m3, rs5, etc.

Tremek
04-14-13, 01:40 AM
Got a call from my dealer today and was told that they're either starting to take orders or are estimating delivery of 2014 CTS-Vs in the 2nd gen bodystyle for September. Seems more and more likely that Cadillac will do a '14 run of the old car...

Jinx
04-14-13, 02:14 AM
Do we know what the colors for the 2014 CTS will be? The GM release only said "ten exterior colors will be offered." I bet the V gets at least some of those new colors.

cadillaxe
04-14-13, 06:50 PM
yep, they told me there'd be a short run of ctsv sedans only for '14 in the old '13 style, then no mas.

1997BlackETC
04-14-13, 08:56 PM
It looks like from the info on the 2014's listing color deletions and additions there will infact be a coupe and a wagon CTS-v in addition to the Sedan for the whole year coming out next fall. My guess is then for 2015 they go directly to the V3's with no break in between as they did in 2008 between the V1's and the V2's. They are making good money selling these cars, why stop production for a year? The demand is still there. Fact is performance wise you can't even come close at this price level.

Jinx
04-14-13, 09:55 PM
Looks like these forums need to get renamed again.