: 2012 auto problem

Ste_V_e
06-24-12, 10:48 AM
Hey guys I test drove a 12 sedan recently and the transmission when I put it in manual mode, Downshifted on it's own a couple of times and knocked me out of manually mode back into sport mode. All with out me touching a thing. Anybody experience something like this?

I just read a post from a member yesterday, but can't find it now. Claiming he had some sport shifting problem in his 12 V.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
-Steve

Trapspeed
06-24-12, 02:25 PM
Was it because you slowed down too much?

baabootoo
06-24-12, 02:33 PM
Most posts were because of misunderstanding of it. Like was said, it will downshift if you go too slow. I guess I'd ask if you know it was Manual Mode, then also if you're sure it went into Sport Mode. They very similar, but not the same; especially when slowing down. The difference is when you drive in them.

stabie
06-24-12, 03:40 PM
You may have used the buttons on the wheel in normal mode. If the tranny is not in sport mode (stick moved to the right) and you push the shift buttons on the wheel. the tranny will shift as requested for a period of time, returning to full auto mode when you have driven about the same speed for 15secs or so. If in sport mode, and then you up or downshift manually it will stay in manny mode, but may still downshift if needed if you slow down enough.

Havasusteve
06-24-12, 10:37 PM
No issues at all, 4,000+ miles