: Ordered the Borla Sport exhaust

flatrockguy
06-23-12, 07:13 PM
Just ordered the Borla sport exhaust and hope it's not too loud.... I wanted the deep sound and from what I heard online the Borla seems to be the one, I HOPE.. Vtwin how do you like yours?

gevvvvv
06-24-12, 03:42 AM
I've got it on mine and as soon as my GoPro gets here next week I'll put up some videos. It's definitely a lot louder than stock but not to an annoying level. It's very poised and you can barely tell it's got an aftermarket exhaust while driving around town. Once you get on it you can really hear the V8 and blower sing.

cadillaxe
06-24-12, 08:08 AM
I've got it on mine and as soon as my GoPro gets here next week I'll put up some videos. It's definitely a lot louder than stock but not to an annoying level. It's very poised and you can barely tell it's got an aftermarket exhaust while driving around town. Once you get on it you can really hear the V8 and blower sing.

i'd be interested in what you think of it too. When I was talking to Hennessey and he said of all the performance packages they've installed, but he said almost every customer that's gotten the exhaust has said it's too loud for a Caddy and gone back to stock exhaust.

Bufflex
06-25-12, 02:26 AM
any drone?

SoCal_V
06-25-12, 05:03 AM
I've had Borlas on other sports cars before and loved them, but I am also not wanting a super loud exhaust on my V.

Seems like the Corsa Touring is the quiet/throaty choice, which is what I'm looking for.

If someone can tell me how to replicate the sound of an AMG 6.3 exhaust, I'll buy that system.

I'm curious how the OP likes the Borla once he installs it.

cadillaxe
06-25-12, 05:57 AM
I've had Borlas on other sports cars before and loved them, but I am also not wanting a super loud exhaust on my V.

Seems like the Corsa Touring is the quiet/throaty choice, which is what I'm looking for.

If someone can tell me how to replicate the sound of an AMG 6.3 exhaust, I'll buy that system.

I'm curious how the OP likes the Borla once he installs it.

an old coworker of mine had an aston martin vantage, and i was surprised how good his V8 sounded. almost somewhere between a murcielago and muscle car. i think that shorter stroke has something to do with it too. sometimes one engine just won't sound like another with the same exhaust, even with the same configuration.

bad thing is trying to guess what the exhaust sounds like and not knowing until you've spent the time/$ installing it.

GM-4-LIFE
06-25-12, 06:46 PM
Best exhaust I have ever heard and I have heard them all! Not too quiet, not too loud. Perfect tone!

You made a very wise choice!

I have a V Coupe though. It is quieter on the V Sedan. I had Borlas on my V Sedan and my current V Coupe.

flatrockguy
06-25-12, 07:58 PM
Can't wait to see the box on the front porch! The car is awsome it just needs a meaner growl!

Bufflex
06-26-12, 01:04 AM
Best exhaust I have ever heard and I have heard them all! Not too quiet, not too loud. Perfect tone!

You made a very wise choice!

I have a V Coupe though. It is quieter on the V Sedan. I had Borlas on my V Sedan and my current V Coupe.

does it drone? my KPE drones like hell and im looking for a different catback. Borla is my first option but it all depends on the drone factor.

theghost
06-26-12, 05:59 AM
I have the Borla X-pipe with the Touring axle backs -- I love the muffler's (looks waaaay' better w/ separate mufflers on each side and sounds like a V-8 should), with no drone at any RPM. However, I've experienced a major issue with the L/H muffler, its sadly defective!!! It's only the L/H muffler ( drivers side ) and from Borla its a random type issue. Some have the issue and some dont. --- they are very aware of the problem and re-designing it by fixing the tubing inside the muffler; Making the bend in the tubing more like a U and stretched out so it will not hit the back plate of the muffler causing the rattle... such an obnoxious rattling sound. I have lots of video of it ; (cold start , at temp. , etc.. ). :mad: I've ran Borla on the last 4 vehicles and love their product and happy they have a remedy for it. Just such a pain to swap out (time consuming):rant2:. This will be the 3rd muffler after the new design is received; but have faith that the 3rd time is a charm!

SoCalCTSV
06-26-12, 10:22 AM
I like the Borla sound but ALWAYS hate their tips. They are like trumpet tips. I have a B&B going in this Friday.

DPL
06-26-12, 09:50 PM
I have the corsa sport axle back, easy install, look great. But I find myself driving the pop out of it.

My v1 with corsa was nothing short of perfect. So that's why I chose these for my v2. At idle it sounds good but not great like my v1. Too much pop between shifts and on deaccel.

Thinking of making a change...possibly grabbing another v1...for fun! Not that I would let go of my v2...

SoCal_V
06-29-12, 03:40 AM
I have the corsa sport axle back, easy install, look great. But I find myself driving the pop out of it.

My v1 with corsa was nothing short of perfect. So that's why I chose these for my v2. At idle it sounds good but not great like my v1. Too much pop between shifts and on deaccel.

What do you mean "too much pop" and you're "driving the pop out of it"?? The noise burbles & pops? How do you drive the pop out of it?

DPL
06-30-12, 12:01 AM
Keep the revs up and no big pops. Even shifting between gears throws a rather loud pop unless you keep the revs up.

Tampa2Dubai
06-30-12, 02:32 AM
Ive got the Borla touring axle backs, must say i was a little disappointed, they do drone quite a lot, especially around 1800-2500 rpm .. am thinking of changing them for something else

CoppeR
06-30-12, 09:02 AM
I like the Borla sound but ALWAYS hate their tips. They are like trumpet tips. I have a B&B going in this Friday.

+1 on the B&B. Cant go wrong with 5.25" oval tips!