: Help neede!!! Fuel pump and crankshaft position sensor !!!!

$erg
06-23-12, 10:20 AM
Ok here's the situation I got a 2005 cadillac CTS-V 5.7 that will not start up cranks but just wont start up I drove it fine back from work and now i get in to grab some tacos and it doesnt start, all the fuses are fine .... Im trying to see if anyone out there has changed out the fuel pump or crankshaft position sensor any help would be put to good use

Locations, Pics, Best ways to replace/change the part etc.,,

AAIIIC
06-23-12, 10:57 AM
What troubleshooting have you done to know that those need to be replaced?

AFAIK changing out the fuel pump requires you to drop the tank, which means you have to drop the entire rear cradle. Not something I would do without being absolutely certain that it actually needed to be replaced.

The CPS is on the right side the block, towards the rear (just above the starter). I imagine you'd have to pull the starter to get to it. I could send my used (but functional) CPS (http://ls1tech.com/forums/16438754-post1159.html), but again, unless you're throwing a code that tells you to replace it, I wouldn't go through the trouble if I were you.

$erg
06-23-12, 11:39 AM
haven't done any troubleshooting but the way im approaching this is hey i got 98k on my car might as well change them out just to do it and see if it gets fixed in the process for about some time now ive noticed at times my car would fire right up then other times it would take a few sec longer to crank up...

Thanks ... im stuck in my driveway short on time and im deciding to take a short cut on the fuel pump cutting through from the top ... wish i had time to pull it out and get a good clean tank but its not an option atm ....

Thanks found the CPS work in progress

Thanks

RADEoN
06-23-12, 06:28 PM
wow that is a huge waste of time

AAIIIC
06-23-12, 08:20 PM
Well, why troubleshoot when instead you can cut holes in your car and throw parts at it to see if they fix it?