: How to update my 2011 Nav without guide lines to the 2012 ?

wild-tom
06-23-12, 08:45 AM
Hi,

My 2011 Escalade Platinum donīt have the NAV with the guide lines for the rear camera.
Can anyone tell me how to upgrade this to the NAV with guidelines ?

Is this just a software or has the complete Navigation system to be changed ?

Any inputs welcome.

Thanks !

Take care
Thomas

prosseda
06-23-12, 12:04 PM
It's probably in the camera. Plus a signal from steering to bend the lines. The head unit itself may not need any update.

MrHolland
06-23-12, 06:25 PM
Trade it in??? Just joking. If it can be done, please report back how.. I'm sure others would take advantage of this also.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-27-12, 01:27 PM
Thomas, I'd be happy to look into this further for you if you like. Send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN and I can explore your options.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

evois
06-27-12, 07:50 PM
I would be interested as well!

wild-tom
06-28-12, 02:51 AM
Hi Katie !

Thanks a lot !

e-mail sent !

Thanks,
Take care
Thomas

mbdubb2361
06-28-12, 09:39 PM
Thomas, I'd be happy to look into this further for you if you like. Send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN and I can explore your options.

Best,

Katie

I to would love to have this info!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-29-12, 01:40 PM
I to would love to have this info!!

Great! Since I'm not sure if private message capabilities have been enabled for you yet, please feel free to send me an email anytime with the last eight of your VIN (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com).

Have a great weekend,

Katie

matty-ryan
07-21-13, 04:21 PM
So how can we get the guide lines?

SpyShops NY
07-22-13, 05:59 PM
Its in the radio you need the 2012 radio, does yours have the NAV DVD or CF in the front, also in the 2012 NAV you loose the 6 CD/DVD changer which kind of sucks, there is no way to have it all the guide lines, 6 CD, Tilt, IPOD USB and 3.5 so I just kept my 2008 Nav and had the AUX enable with a Tech 2 programmer. I am ok with it, I think the guidelines are cool though my sister has it in her ML350

wesyder
07-22-13, 06:13 PM
Its in the radio you need the 2012 radio, does yours have the NAV DVD or CF in the front, also in the 2012 NAV you loose the 6 CD/DVD changer which kind of sucks, there is no way to have it all the guide lines, 6 CD, Tilt, IPOD USB and 3.5 so I just kept my 2008 Nav and had the AUX enable with a Tech 2 programmer. I am ok with it, I think the guidelines are cool though my sister has it in her ML350

Talk to me about enabling the aux in the 08, i have a tec2. What do u connect to the nav unit

SpyShops NY
07-22-13, 10:01 PM
No not for guidelines for the AUX (audio in) if your screens does not show. u42 option

wesyder
07-22-13, 11:46 PM
No not for guidelines for the AUX (audio in) if your screens does not show. u42 option

I am interested in the audio aux input if possible what do i need to do

wesyder
07-23-13, 07:59 AM

Disregard, i found ur writeup in another thread ill chk it out, thanks

SpyShops NY
07-24-13, 08:53 PM
http://oemautopartsco.com/collections/gm-radio-accessories/products/gm-rse-video-harness

You need to hook the above thing to the back of the radio this will give you Audio Video Inputs and Outputs. You need to go to the dealer tell them to enable the U42 option should cost you 20$.

than you need this to hookup to the oemautoparts item and this will give it a nice touch

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2290564

If you want to watch video you can also u just need the one with the video. Works in park.

This works perfect not like those Isimple, pac audio adapters, I had one and everytime I would use the preset switch on my steering wheel it would skip my presets and labels.

example XM 70s, 80, 90s normal and what those pac, isimple adapters xm 70s, 90s, and forward skipping my 80s. So dont waste your money on it also I have to mention that also it broke my radio so I had to pay 200$ for repair because it also uses the power connection vs my idea no way possible it can break your radio bc its a standard AV input.

Good Luck I have told allot of people how to do this and they are happy.

What year is your truck bc if you have a 2010 or newer you should have it

wesyder
07-24-13, 11:26 PM
http://oemautopartsco.com/collections/gm-radio-accessories/products/gm-rse-video-harness

You need to hook the above thing to the back of the radio this will give you Audio Video Inputs and Outputs. You need to go to the dealer tell them to enable the U42 option should cost you 20$.

than you need this to hookup to the oemautoparts item and this will give it a nice touch

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2290564

If you want to watch video you can also u just need the one with the video. Works in park.

This works perfect not like those Isimple, pac audio adapters, I had one and everytime I would use the preset switch on my steering wheel it would skip my presets and labels.

example XM 70s, 80, 90s normal and what those pac, isimple adapters xm 70s, 90s, and forward skipping my 80s. So dont waste your money on it also I have to mention that also it broke my radio so I had to pay 200$ for repair because it also uses the power connection vs my idea no way possible it can break your radio bc its a standard AV input.

Good Luck I have told allot of people how to do this and they are happy.

What year is your truck bc if you have a 2010 or newer you should have it

Mine already said aux so i didnt need to program, i plugged in to check and im good to go thanks... I should of known, i used to use this method in my srx thru the rse

matty-ryan
12-04-13, 05:40 PM
I have the CF.

Ghost Deany
12-04-13, 08:06 PM
So is there a way to update it with guidelines w the CF?