: Bose cd changer will not load...

Johnxlrv
06-22-12, 11:18 PM
When trying to load CDs into the changer, all is get is a "seeking noise" and, eventually a cd error. '06 model. Seems I have heard of potential software issues on other forums. Any advice?

Teedoe
06-23-12, 08:23 AM
I had the same issue with my 03 CTS. All I do was remove the unit, open it, and lubed it. Thereafter I've been set.

JimmyH
06-23-12, 01:44 PM
When trying to load CDs into the changer, all is get is a "seeking noise" and, eventually a cd error. '06 model. Seems I have heard of potential software issues on other forums. Any advice?

what kind of car?

Johnxlrv
06-23-12, 04:57 PM
Sorry, thought the name and avatar would give it away...XLR-V...2006...there is not a lot of miles on this...or use that I can tell

Kingoftypos
06-23-12, 05:04 PM
There are many people who have car specific user names and such. Yet, they don't own that car any more.

Hence why it was asked.

KOT

JimmyH
06-23-12, 08:44 PM
moved from cust svc

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-12, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Johnxlrv! A CD error may be displayed for the following:

• The road is too rough. The disc should play when
the road is smoother.
• The disc is dirty, scratched, wet or not loaded label
side up.
• The air is very humid. If so, wait about an hour and
try again.

Have you had a chance to check your Navigation manual for details (page 3-15)? If the error message persists, I recommend contacting your GM dealer and letting them know which specific error message. If your audio system displays an error number, write it down and provide this information to your dealer when reporting the error.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Johnxlrv
06-26-12, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Johnxlrv! A CD error may be displayed for the following:

• The road is too rough. The disc should play when
the road is smoother.
• The disc is dirty, scratched, wet or not loaded label
side up.
• The air is very humid. If so, wait about an hour and
try again.

Have you had a chance to check your Navigation manual for details (page 3-15)? If the error message persists, I recommend contacting your GM dealer and letting them know which specific error message. If your audio system displays an error number, write it down and provide this information to your dealer when reporting the error.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Here is the basic sequence

Load disk...system states "please wait"...then "load disk"....then about 10 seconds of rather loud seek noise...then "disk error"

I can eject the disk...surface looks fine....this does not always happen...meaning, if I try long enough, I can eventually load all of the disks and they play.

Do not think bumps are a factor...car was parked.

Btw, thanks for your advice so far!

coati
07-22-12, 02:06 AM

If the car is under warranty, you should get it replaced with a new one.

My CD player was inoperative when I purchased the car.
I had it replaced under warranty with a new one.

This seems to be a common problem.