: Sts driver seat

lookhere233
06-22-12, 03:30 PM
Hello.

I have a 2007 STS it is drinen by my wife who sits on a pillow to see over the wheel.

I never thought much about until we decided to take it on vacation recently.

I am 6'0" and weigh 188 lbs. The car has 8way power seats and with the sitting up as high as it will go, I too have trouble seeing the front end or the car.
The car is seldom driven and has 23000 miles on it, the seats are not broken down is just seeme thatit does not go as high as
it should.

Has anyone experenced this issue?

Thank you.

Submariner409
06-22-12, 03:35 PM
You'll get a lot more info here than down in the Lounge - these Sigma-body "STS" guys are good.

Ludacrisvp
06-22-12, 04:53 PM
Does it seem to be as high up as the passenger seat goes?

cdezey
06-22-12, 05:29 PM
Had the same problem how does the cushion feel in comparison to the passenger side.

Dr. John
07-28-12, 07:17 PM
I have a similar problem, however, my tilt/height adjustment makes no movement in the position of the driver's seat. I hear the motor/switch engage, but does not adjust.

Dr. John
07-31-12, 12:15 PM
OK. I learned by trial and error how to remove the seat cushion. There are 2 nuts on the front bottom of the seat pad. They remove easily and the seat pad lifts up. Disconnect the electronic connectors and the seat is free. Very easy. In my errors, I made it harder than it is. I was then able to follow the post and free the screw jacks for the front tilt. I was able to repair the front jack. The back tilt jack was a bit harder. Once I disassembled it, I found that the cogs on the gear on the end of the screw jack were chewed up and destroyed. This made the repair impossible, short of replacing the seat frame assembly. I welcome advice and input.

StuSTS
07-31-12, 06:47 PM
I cannot see the front end of the car, but that is irrelevant. The 05+ STS body is made with a sloping front end; it is unrealistic to think that you would be able see the front bumper. In fact, the only car I've even driven that I HAVE seen the bumper on is a 91 Crown Victoria, and that was because it's a box design. Just like with any car, get comfortable with its size and navigate parking lots through experience/judgment.