: Vibrations

TAM79
06-22-12, 03:24 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem, I have a 2007 EXT it currently has over 137000 miles and I have enjoyed every last one of those miles but I have a vibration that seems to be stumpping everyone. Some background, 2 years ago I made the mistake of switching to synthetic oil, which cause the oil pan seal and rear main seal to leak. In 2011 I took the truck to the dealer to have those repaired along with an engine mount that was bad and a major service for my next trip to the East Coast. Last July it developed a vibration while I was on the East Coast, I live in Texas. Since it developed this vibration I've taken it the Cadillac dealer in Austin, a GM Dealer here in Temple, a Transmission Shop, and no one seems to be able to solve the problem. While driving at speeds above 45 I feel the vibration only happens when I'm on the gas, once I let off it goes away. It does not rob any power, fuel mileage, or hamper performance other than the noise. I was told it was the rear diff, rebuilt it, I was told it was the front diff, replaced it twice, replaced front axle shafts, hubs, rotors, calipers, diff mounts, transmission mount, rear drive shaft, and the vibration is still there. After all this the vibration is still there. I just wondering if there is anyone that has experienced this or something like this.

Let me say this, I purchased this 2007 EXT in 2007 with 10000 miles on it and I love it. I've been to the East Coast about 5 times, West to El Paso 9 hours from me, hell I've even been to New York and has never came even close to some of the issues I read about on here. Until this vibration my biggest problem was keeping tires on it. Any ideas or suggestions you may have can only help. Thank You Very Much:-)

K9Caddy
06-22-12, 04:53 PM
Driveshaft? The driveshaft is balanced and sometimes the weight(s) come off over time, causing them to create a vibration. I'd also try swapping wheels/tires from the rear to the front...

quattrotman
06-22-12, 05:07 PM
Who told you that synthetic oil causes the oil pan seal and rear main seal to leak? That's a new one. I would never use anything but synthetic oil and have never heard of synthetic causing any probs over reg oil.
Your vibration is either balance (not likely at this point), tires (even though the look good they can be scalloped and cause vibrations, driveline or possibly control arm bushings and also bearings. It's hard to pinpoint those things sometimes

garrbaby
07-26-12, 04:51 PM
i had been experiencing the same thing in my escalade, i was told to rotate the tires from front to back, improved tremendously...trust everything you have went through i did the same thing, replaced tie rod ends, balanced tires, sometimes twice in the same day....try rotating them that may help you out.

hcvone
07-26-12, 05:18 PM
Did they ever road force balance the tires? Did they try the balancing while on the car? Some places have this type unit and it can work when nothing else does

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-27-12, 12:58 PM
TAM79, if you're still monitoring this thread and are continuing to have these concerns, please let us know. I'm just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you'd like further assistance at any point!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

TAM79
07-27-12, 07:39 PM
Thank you all for the imput, I'm still having the vibration issue. Taking my EXT in for tire balance and rotation next week. Hope this solves the problem, I will keep you updated!

I did however change the front drivesshaft since last posting and this did not solve the problem.

Nice Ride
07-28-12, 12:02 AM
Have you ever replaced the tires? Have you ever noticed moisture, water in the tires from putting air in from a bad pump that possibly put lots of moisture in the tires? I've seen some tires getting repaired and some times have seen at least a cup of water in the tire. I would still question if you ever had the tires replaced after the vibration. Could also be a bad tk converter in the trans.

hcvone
07-28-12, 03:03 PM
Thank you all for the imput, I'm still having the vibration issue. Taking my EXT in for tire balance and rotation next week. Hope this solves the problem, I will keep you updated!

I did however change the front drivesshaft since last posting and this did not solve the problem.

Make sure they have a road force balancing machine and KNOW HOW TO USE IT. :)

caddimoriarty
09-06-12, 12:02 PM
Who told you that synthetic oil causes the oil pan seal and rear main seal to leak? That's a new one. I would never use anything but synthetic oil and have never heard of synthetic causing any probs over reg oil.
Your vibration is either balance (not likely at this point), tires (even though the look good they can be scalloped and cause vibrations, driveline or possibly control arm bushings and also bearings. It's hard to pinpoint those things sometimes

Same here.

TAM79
10-30-12, 09:23 PM
Hello fellow Escalade owners, I finally got the Vibration found and fixed. I should have updated a while ago but been a little busy. As it turns out the vibration came from the Transfer! The dealer couldn't find it, a second dealer couldn't find it, and a Transmission shop couldn't find it. I found out when it quit on me in the middle of Saturday evening traffic....lol. I'm good now though with 145000 miles down and ready for another 145000 miles to go. I read this forum and many of you have issues that I haven't encountered, I will take a Cadillac over any other vehicle any day of the week and twice on Sunday. There's nothing like cruising the autobahn in an STS at 150 mph. I've had the pleasure of owning 4 other Cadillacs STS (Sevilles) and this is my first Escalade and I love my EXT. Anyway,I hope this helps someone that is having the same problem.

quattrotman: no one told me that Synthetic old causes leaks, I saw it leak on my garage floor! Once the seals were replaced I went back to the regular oil and
haven't had to clean up anymore oil. I know my choice but I will stick with the regular stuff!

hannity
10-30-12, 10:56 PM
If you are experiencing vibrations like you described it is the drive shaft. A common problem among lowriders. You took me back to my lowriding days with this one, lol. More than likely it's your drive shaft. Tell them to check it, you have some issue with that I am sure of it.

TAM79
10-30-12, 11:54 PM
Mr. Hannity my vehicle has been fixed and the vibrations are gone. It was not the driveshaft, but the transfer was failing and did fail! My vehicle is pure stock except for the grille and tow hook covers.

hannity
10-31-12, 01:00 AM
Mr. Hannity my vehicle has been fixed and the vibrations are gone. It was not the driveshaft, but the transfer was failing and did fail! My vehicle is pure stock except for the grille and tow hook covers.

I am so happy that you got it fixed. I should have been clear earlier, I wasn't implying you made yours into a lowrider. I just remember the drive shaft being a big problem with raising, lowering, and 3 wheeling. It would pull out of the tranny upon lifting and shove it into it upon pancaking. Had my fair share of dishing out money to replace parts. One indication that something was wrong was the obvious break down, but you knew it was coming sooner or later with the vibrations when driving the car normally. What you described just took me back to my days before marriage and responsibility.Lol, glad you got it fixed, good luck with your truck :)