: 2007 CTS 3.6 airbag sensor recall?

neurotictim
06-22-12, 02:43 PM
I already posted a thread in the first gen CTS forum about this, and was directed to post here.

2007 CTS, 3.6 auto, VIN: 1G6DP577370194405. The airbag light in the instrument cluster started flashing at me a while back, along with the DIC displaying "Service Air Bag". After a week or two of that, it finally just came on and stayed on, and I have to clear the DIC every time I start the car. I did some research and found out that the passenger seat airbag sensor can go all wonky - something about connector flex - and that there's a recall out for it. Since I also discovered there's no real possibility of the airbag deploying accidentally, so I figured I'd eventually get it fixed.

At any rate, I need to get my car inspected, so I figured I'd just hand it over to the dealership to take care of the airbag problem and get the inspection done. Called today to make an appointment, and the service rep told me I didn't have that recall outstanding - just the ECU reflash for the timing chain issue that this engine seems to have. So am I to assume that I'll have to pay out of pocket to fix this problem? If it IS the seat sensor causing the problem, will I still have to pay a diagnostic fee? I'm a little confused, and the poor service rep was having issues with the computer system and couldn't really answer my questions.

Kingoftypos
06-23-12, 02:22 AM
Good job sir, if you hadn't done this by the time I arrived home. I was going to do it.

But any who, here's the thread... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/262904-airbag-light-not-covered-under-recall.html

As well as the VIN for my 06 CTS. 1G6DM57T160140797

Mine was replaced some time last year with out any question. Like I said in the above thread, my air bag light wasn't on or flashing either. I just received the notice/recall whatever it was, and my local dealer ship too me in.

KOT

Rambo76098
06-25-12, 01:53 AM
Just ran into this too with the 05 V I recently bought - have the dealer run the warranty coverage report, it'll show on there as a "special coverage" or something vague. Dealer#1 printed the warranty report, but wouldn't find out what that was and wanted to charge me to diagnose, then repair.

Dealer#2 knew about it and fixed it on the spot, no questions asked (Props to Germain Cadillac of Easton). Not going back to Capital Cadillac in Dublin OH!

neurotictim
06-25-12, 11:27 AM
Rambo - you really just helped me out big time. I called your dealership - Germaine, OH - and talked to a rep there knew exactly what I was talking about. She looked up my car by VIN in the GM service system, and told me that my car does in fact fall under the "Special Coverage 10420 - Passenger Airbag Sensor". She even offered to fax that info to my dealership - kudos to Germaine Cadillac!

I called my dealership back - Colonial Cadillac - and scheduled service for this Wednesday, made sure to mention the special coverage, and (unless the light is on for some other reason) I should be good to go. The question now is whether or not I have them service the transmission, since I just rolled over 75k.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-26-12, 11:35 AM
Hi Neurotictim,

Glad to see Rambo was able to step in to help! I'm just getting back to the office today, but if you ever have any future recall questions, please don't hesitate to DM or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) me the last eight of your VIN and I can always look up that information for you as well.

Hope all goes well at Colonial tomorrow, and please keep us updated if you get the chance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service