: Cabin lights / trunk light / cigarette lighters not working

onewaymj
06-22-12, 10:07 AM
Hi All, Need some help. I took my 2002 Eldorado to my service garage to find out why the above items were inop. According to my owner's manual, the inadvert maxi fuse was blown, but after checking all my fuses my mechanic says the fuses are all good and it must be
something else. Any ideas?

JimD
06-22-12, 07:54 PM
Not knowing how the fuses were "checked" is a bit of a handicap. A visual check is not always conclusive. Plus invisible oxidation/corrosion on fuse blades and fuse socket contacts can be an issue.

There are several fuses you can easily remove/install (several times) to be certain there is a bright shiny electrical connection available.

In the fuse block-left underhood there is a 50 A fuse labeled BODY 3 and a 50 A fuse labeled INADVERT.

In the fuse block-underhood there is a 10 A fuse labeled INT LPS and a 20 A fuse labeled CIG LTR 1.

onewaymj
06-22-12, 08:16 PM
Thank you. I will check them myself this weekend.

onewaymj
06-24-12, 11:38 PM
All the fuses checked out both visually and electrically. My mech thinks it is now the body control module. Ideas?

onewaymj
06-26-12, 07:43 PM
I need help please. For two days my service garage tested everything in my 2002 Eldorado. They could not find any shorts or bad fuses and they said all modules seemed to be operating correctly. The received no error codes. They re-programed everything. My vanity lamps, cabin laps, and both lighters are inop. What next? Start replacing modules?

antony555
08-22-12, 03:12 AM
I have or think I have seen in the owners manuel, where there in my year a series of single fuses that will blow when there is a problem with a single option, and a larger one which controls them all called inadvent. And since it is not the smaller ones the only other one has to be this larger one. If not that one then it gets expensive having to take it to a electrical shop to trace the problem...

antony555
08-22-12, 03:23 AM
How did your problem start in the first place, in my.case a penny was dropped into the main front lighterwell, really need this one can,t use Gps or Charge Cellphone and use my laptop and security as I approach the car at night no lights at all inside except for dash everything on it works even seat heaters, and rearview mirror......

vonholtumc
10-10-12, 10:58 AM
I have same problem although havent changed the inadvert maxi fuse and would like to try that first, cig ltr and int lps fuses look fine. This may be dumb question but, what do I buy to change the indadvert maxi fuse? I bought a 50 A but that does not seem big enough?