: Service traction control & low power

peso611
06-22-12, 12:10 AM
I picked up my wagon from the dealer today after it was worked on over night to paint my wheels replace my rotors because of wheel clicking and to have some dings removed. Upon pulling out of dealer I immediately felt that the car was not pulling as hard as usual and my shifts were a lot shorter especially in second gear. I parked the car in the garage had dinner and came back out to give it a wash. Upon reversing out of the garage I received the above two codes.

Before dropping off the car I recorded my fuel range, mileage, and reset the average speed. Mileage at drop off was 7,338 and at pick up 7,345 my fuel range at drop off was 230 and at pick up 151, which seems odd to me especially if the car was only driven 8 miles. I also had service check my tire tread when I dropped it off.

I recently had a CAI Installed and I wonder if they are going to try to blame the issues on the after market CAI. Although I did have the low power issue in the past. I hope the tech wasn't doing donuts and burn outs. Taking it back first thing tomorrow morning.

Purple87SS
06-22-12, 09:48 AM
Sounds like those were some hard 8 miles if your DTE went down 79 miles.

peso611
06-22-12, 10:11 AM
Sounds like those were some hard 8 miles if your DTE went down 79 miles.
That was my thinking but the average speed was only 9.5 mph those tech guys are crafty.

Purple87SS
06-22-12, 10:29 AM
Maybe idling in park for a while to drop avg speed? Who knows:confused:

quikag
06-22-12, 12:05 PM
What dealer? I may want to avoid them since I'm in DFW too.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-22-12, 12:18 PM
Please keep us posted, peso611! I'm interested in hearing how your service appointment today goes, and I'm just a private message away if you'd like me to investigate further at any point.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

peso611
06-22-12, 03:38 PM
Just got a call from the dealer and they stated it was a bad sensor on the accelerator and that they are on back order. Will not be able to get an ETA until Monday. This will be the second accelerator sensor that I had to get replaced. The first one was replaced in December. Needless to say I'm picking up the car today. Hopefully I will not have any issues taking it home.

cvs
06-23-12, 12:01 AM
I went through two new accelerator pedal sensors before they tracked down a bad wire between the sensor and the ECU. Same two messages on the DIC.

tabio42
06-23-12, 01:18 AM
I've only had this happen during cold/wet weather. Was this similar to your recent weather by chance?